Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Chapter 18 - Samantha

He did not realize the expression on his face. He kept his gaze on the girl.

She looked very alike Samantha. Her jade eyes—they were so perfect.

She was a head shorter than him, her features bare. She had nice blonde hair, flexible to the root. Her complexion was fair, a bit pink in the cheeks, which suggested the chill of the air. Her lips, slightly parted, looked as succulent and fragile as Samantha’s. The lips which he had pressed his own against so many times. Though the girl was still ten feet away from him, he could imagine the soft touch of her skin, giving life from within, like the comforting warm sun rays. But what he loved from her the most was her eyes.

She had perfect jade eyes, the color so deep which sucked his heart. They were profound, yet so clear like crystals. He was strongly reminded of the glossy morning dew. He found himself staring at them, swallowed. Her eyes were punctuated with sleek eyelashes, curling up from the tip of her eyelids. These were framed with soft eyebrows, drawn from the knit of her forehead and ended perfectly at the same level as her eyes did.

And the eyes were also gazing at his blue ones, too.

Samantha.

Samantha.

‘Hey, what took you so long?’ Elvis slapped his back. ‘This is Juno Emily, and Dustin Malfoy—’ Draco cleared his throat— ‘Juno, Dustin, this is my brother, Stampede.’

Stamp held out a hand, shook by both of them.

‘Nice, uh? Wanna come in for tea?’ Elvis offered kindly.

‘Y—’

‘No, thanks,’ Draco cut nastily. ‘We need to finish some projects.’

Elvis made an O lip.

Without any further ado, Draco said, ‘Bye!’ and pulled Juno away towards to the castle. Juno had no choice, haggling all the way.

Once they had reached the second-floor library, Juno pulled away angrily.

‘What?’ Draco said malevolently. ‘We arranged for library today.’ They took a seat next to the window. Madam Pince, the librarian, was keeping a close eye on both of them. This was merely because they were the only occupants of the library, them and a small group of third years.

Juno, sticking her head out of the window, searched the snowy grounds. No sign of the boys. She exhaled, disappointed.

Juno had liked Stamp. He was charming; and the way he moves around initiates his cool character. He had sleek light-brown hair, which fell over his eyes, and very straight, high-bridged nose. Not once did he part his lips—again, he was elegant. But what drew her attention were his deep blue eyes, blue as the nurturing sky of summer. And they were fixed straight at hers.

She was woken from her deep thought about Stamp by a sharp pain in her left eye.

‘OW!’

Madam Pince hushed her.

Juno rubbed her watering eye. Draco Malfoy had heartlessly shot a piece of rubber band at her.

‘This is what you get when you stare into space,’ he stated.

‘What! You did that on purpose,’ Juno spat furiously.

The door of the library opened and closed. Someone had come in. It was none other than Hermione, Ron, and Harry, bringing huge rolls of parchment.

‘Hey, Juno!’ Hermione said gleefully, but a second later her face filled with dread as she noticed the pale boy next to Juno. Harry coiled while Ron pretended to puke, then, after that, threw a very repulsive look at Malfoy. Harry had chosen a table at the far end of the library, and Hermione and Ron followed him.

Juno’s heart fell.

‘You see?’ she said snappishly. ‘My friends don’t like you.’

The words had touched his nerve. He glared at her one last time and made his way out of the library, fuming.

The ugly selfish squid, he thought. You think I like your friends?

He turned around the corner to find Olivia.

Now why do I have to run into her every time I left the library?

Draco was ready to grasp on his heels and walk away, when something that had never happened before, actually made its appearance: Olivia called him.

‘Malfoy,’ she called.

Draco instantly stopped and turned back. ‘Yes?’

Olivia hesitated for two seconds, bargaining with herself about what to say.

‘How are you?’ she asked. Draco looked straight at her. ‘You’ve never talked much to me lately.’

‘I’m fine,’ Draco replied, suddenly interested with the tiles of the floor. He kept his head down, inspecting it.

‘Okay,’ Olivia said. She sounded embarrassed. ‘Bye then.’

‘Wait,’ Draco called, and Olivia actually listened and turned around again, waiting for his words.

‘You want to say something?’ she demanded.

Yes. I want to say that I really like you. That I still want to go out with you, even though you have refused me so vibrantly.

‘Take good care of your health,’ he said. ‘The swarm of flu is attacking.’

Olivia chuckled, then turned around and left.

He exhaled in disappointment.

Image