Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Chapter 22 - The Start of My Love

‘Don’t you get lonely sometimes?’ Juno asked, playing with the snow.

‘Sometimes,’ Stamp answered, gazing up at the starry sky. ‘We just join Hagrid sometimes. And sometimes, that friend of yours. The three of them.’

‘Harry and Ron and Hermione,’ she suggested, grinning. ‘Yeah, they spend a lot of time with Hagrid. Have you met Jayden and Olivia?’

‘Yeah. We didn’t talk much, though. And the girl. Who’s her name? Olivia. Yeah. Always with the pocket mirror, checking her appearance every five minutes,’ he shuddered. Then he glanced at Juno. ‘Sorry. Shouldn’t have talked like that about your—she’s your best friend, right? That’s the way I heard it.’

‘That’s true, she is. Why? She’s feminine. A lot of boys like her.’ They had reached the front door by now.

‘I don’t really adore feminine girls like that,’ Stamp said dreamily.

‘Okay, thanks for walking me,’ Juno said, smiling.

How she looked like Samantha.

Juno turned to enter the castle.

‘Juno,’ called Stamp. When she turned back towards him, he had the most serious expression on his face. His eyes were so tense that her heart immediately thumped harder.

‘Yes?’

Stamp moved forward till his face was barely an inch from hers. She held her head upward, for he was taller than her. He was built, and suddenly she felt intimidated.

He drew a breath, which smoked in the chill.

‘Juno, I like you. Since the first time I’ve seen you, I’ve liked you. Will you let me stay beside you as your boyfriend so I can protect you?’ he said gently, cupping her face with his right hand, his thumb caressing her soft cheek.

She was speechless, staring into his eyes.

Without waiting for an answer, he lowered his face. She could smell his breath, and she closed her eyes. Her fingers were so cold they went numb. She yearned to snuggle into his chest.

He lowered his face some more.

Their noses brushed against each other’s.

Then their lips met.

His were wet, warm and sweet. For a few seconds he let them rest upon hers, gently pressing. Finally he parted them slightly.

What shall I do now? Juno thought hotly. This is my first kiss! Oh by the name of Jesus and Virgin Mary, please give me some advice! Should I let my tongue enter his mouth? Or part my lips, let him do it? And for God’s sake, what shall I do with my arms and hands?

He closed his lips, then pressed them harder against hers, kissing her, before finally letting go, blushing.

Juno caught his eyes and blushed more hotly. They looked at each other and laughed awkwardly.

‘Your first kiss, eh?’ Stamp asked.

‘Uhm, yeah, uhm, umm,’ she mumbled, embarrassed.

Oh, wow. Her first kiss was in front of the Hogwarts castle entrance door, in the middle of a cold winter, beneath the starry sky.

‘Maybe you can teach me?’ Juno suggested, half-joking.

‘Sure,’ he whispered, and pressed his lips against hers again. This time he brought her closely towards him. One arm behind her head, one around her waist, occasionally rubbing up to her back, making her shudder.

Then he parted his lips, and she did the same. Something spongy and wet touched her lips.

Gosh, he’s doing tongue!

She let his tongue play around in her mouth, feeling as if she was in heaven. He was really close to her, and she was deeply pleased with that.

A booming voice resounded before she could enjoy some more.

‘JUNO EMILY!’

Guess who, uh?

Draco Malfoy, dressed very thickly like a mummy, had clearly seen their act through the large gap of the doors.

*

‘I was searching frantically for you, and you were there happily snogging him!’ Draco yelled angrily, walking as brisk as a truck.

Juno, who had said sorry hurriedly to Stamp, was catching up with him. She was even angrier than he was. ‘What does it matter to you, eh? And do you have to have me to do every single thing for you? Can’t you act like your age?’

‘I wanted you to go to the kitchen and grab me some food! I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday! And you, you foolish chicken, never think of my feeding!’

‘Okay, I’m sorry!’ she voiced. ‘Fine! What do you want me to do now? Change your diapers? Fine!’ she said nastily and moved forward and caught his belt.

‘Hey! Watch what you are doing! I am not the guy you can snog and drag onto bed as you wish!’ he yelled stubbornly, brushing her arm away.

‘What are you talking about?!’

‘I have seen you, apparently, hugging him, snogging him happily!’

They had reached the Slytherin common room. They were free to yell as they like now.

‘Please leave,’ he said coldly. ‘I want to be alone.’ Then he climbed the stairs to his dorms.

‘But you haven’t eaten anything, have you?’ she called.

Uselessly.

The door of his dormitory slammed shut.

She stayed where she was, flaming with anger. But a side of her actually cared about him. He had just recovered from his fever, he needed strength. He had to eat.

Then why didn’t he go to the kitchen himself?

That’s what you get when you have house-elves you can command as you like back home.

Spoiled, that is.

She returned half an hour later, with a tray full of tasty eatables. In the centre, of course, a bowl of porridge. Soft and good for fever-suffering patients. Left side: a small bread with chocolate chips. Good carbohydrate. A bowl of salad. Perfect nutrients and fiber. Leafy vegetables, supplying Vitamin C. Right side: a small plate of crushed chicken. Not hard to digest, provides good protein. Below that, boiled egg. Good in protein again. Then an apple. The perfect fruit. Vitamin A, D, E. Top left: two bottles of pure water. Top right: Madam Pomfrey’s Temperature-plummeting syrup. Down: fork and spoon and knife.

Complete.

She knocked on his door.

But, figuring Crabbe and Goyle might be inside, she withdrew her hand after the third knock. She put the tray infront of the door, on the floor, and then withdrew her wand. She produced a small thin parchment with the letters: DRACO MALFOY.

She attached the paper below the porridge bowl. After making sure it was visible, and it was located perfectly so no one would step on them, she walked away.

Image