Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Chapter 2 - The World Cup Disaster

When Juno, Jayden and Olivia arrived at the Burrow the next morning (dawn actually), everyone was very puffy-eyed and sleepy. Ron was dozing off on the table.

‘Juno! Jayden!’ Mrs Weasley cried, hugging us. ‘And you, Olivia! How’s your trip to Africa?’

‘Nice, Mrs Weasley,’ replied Olivia. Then Mr Weasley came and we all shook hands in jubilation.

After hugging and greeting with all the Weasleys (except Ron, he was sleeping on the table), Harry, and Hermione; we all sat together and ate breakfast (Ron was rudely woken up by Fred.) In no time at all, we were on our way to the World Cup stadium, yawning and moaning in tiredness all the way. We met Cedric and Amos Diggory on the way, and we ventured forth in a big tight sleepy group. The Diggorys were the only one truly awake. We arrived at the tip of a hill and took a Portkey. Then we landed in a field full of camps and tents. The stadium was at the West side.

It was very crowded there. Mr Weasley had prepared a small, grumpy tent. Juno and Harry were wondering whether they could all fit inside before they realized it was magically expanded in the inside. Juno excitedly grabbed Olivia’s arm. They had wanted to enter the camp, when Olivia pulled Juno’s arm.

‘Well, well,’ drawled some voice. The girls looked back. It was Draco Malfoy, wearing his usual smirk. He was wearing a black shirt and a black blazer.

If there is someone more annoying than the kids on the street in front of Juno’s house, it is Draco Malfoy. He was tall, taller than Jayden and Ron, with perfect blonde hair. They were so sleek that the girls of Hogwarts always envied him. His hue was pale white—flawlessly fair. His features were pointed, punctuated with thick eyebrows and beautiful, blue-silver eyes.

Juno hated to admit it, but, yeah, the only word to describe his eyes was: beautiful.

‘Never thought I’d be seeing you here, Emily. Where’s your slave?’ Draco smirked, glancing into the camp.

‘Jayden is not my slave,’ Juno gritted through her teeth. ‘Now you’d better get off. You’re spoiling my mood.’

‘What’s going on?’ Harry had walked out of the camp. ‘Oh, it’s you,’ he said when he saw Malfoy, hatred glinting in his eyes. A second later Ron and Hermione popped up behind him.

‘How many of you are coming here? I suppose your father—‘ he turned to Ron ‘—stole the tickets? For all of you?’ he drawled.

Ron turned crimson; Harry had to hold him back. ‘Don’t pay any attention to him,’ Hermione warned Ron. Both she and Harry dragged Ron inside, who was fuming, throwing Malfoy a very dirty look.

‘Come on,’ Olivia said uncomfortably to Juno.

Draco grabbed Olivia’s arm. Juno was actually shocked at this. ‘Why are you hanging out with them?’ he asked Olivia.

‘Let go of me!’ Olivia yanked her arm and quickly pulled Juno in.

Inside, Fred and George were sitting around the dining table, each of them with one leg on the table. ‘Bet who’s gonna win? What are the chances of the Irish winning the Cup if there’s Krum in the Bulgarian team?’ Fred asked his twin.

‘Close to impossible. But, still, I think the Irish will win,’ replied George, winking knowingly.
Ron was somewhere in the kitchen; Mr Weasley was unpacking; Hermione and Ginny were sitting on the bunks and laughing; Harry and Jayden were looking here and there with awe, like complete idiots.

‘What’s between you and Malfoy?’ Juno asked Olivia as they both put their bags down on the bunks. Oh well, the mattress was nice. They bounce more than you imagined.

‘What?’ Olivia asked back. Answer a question with another question.

‘He’s—well, he just didn’t keep his eyes off you,’ Juno replied.

‘There nothing, Juno. Really.’

‘You are my bestfriend, Olivia. I want to protect you. It seems like Malfoy’s intimidating you.’

‘What?’ Ginny stopped laughing and looked at Olivia. ‘Something between you and Malfoy, Olivia?’

‘No, no, really,’ Olivia said. ‘There’s nothing, really.’

*

Juno decided to wear the sweater Jayden had given her, because it was windy outside. Even Ron, Hermione, and Harry were all wearing jackets. The Stadium was vast. We climbed fair rows of stairs to our seats.

‘Blimey Dad, how far up are we?’ protested Ron, knees trembling. Jayden was continuously glancing down, clutching at his chest.

‘Well put it this way,’ said a voice. We all glanced down. It was Lucius Malfoy, followed by Draco. They were smirking identically. ‘If it rains, you’ll be the first to know.’

‘Father and I are in the Minister’s Box,’ Draco showed off, poking his chest out. ‘By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself.’ He was looking at Olivia when he said these.

‘Don’t boast, Draco,’ Lucius was saying, hitting him on the stomach with his stick. ‘There’s no need with these people.’

‘Leave them,’ Harry whispered in Juno’s ear. ‘Teasing others is their hobby.’ They turned to leave.

*

Turned out Krum got the Snitch, but still the Irish won. They were all fooling around in the tent. Ron, Fred, and George were dancing around, their faces painted with colours. The others were just sitting and watching. Mr Weasley was lightning up the stove, when there was a big BOOM! from outside, and he went to check what had happened.

‘…like a bird, the way he rides the wind,’ Ron was implementing continuously.

‘Krum? Dumb Krum,’ replied George, and he sang around, ‘Dumb Krum, dumb Krum…’

‘What is that booming voice?’ asked Jayden, (‘Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on,’ said Fred) craning his neck at the direction of the tent opening. But a second later he scowled. What he had expected, it wasn’t that. A second later Draco Malfoy came in, flanked by his large cronies Crabbe and Goyle, smirking as always.

‘What are you doing here?’ shot Ron, getting up. ‘Get out of our tent!’

‘Please, Weasley, I have no intention whatsoever so remain long in your—er—tent,’ Draco replied nastily, smirking so wide that his eyes were reduced into slits, looking everywhere, as if checking the tent. ‘Ah, what is this?’

Juno immediately stood up and walked towards Draco, for he had taken and get hold of the All-Burner Juno had so stupidly left on the front couch, which were inches away from where Draco was standing.

Draco played with the All-Burner.

‘Give that back,’ Juno said quietly. She glanced outside. Mr Weasley hadn’t come back. There was again a loud boom from outside. She glared at Draco and tried snatching the All-Burner from his hands, in vain. By now, Harry and the others had stood up, too.

‘What is this thing? What does it do?’ Draco was pushing the thing from all sides. There was again a loud boom from outside.

What is that booming voice? Jayden began wondering worriedly, and he slowly walked outside to find out what was happening. He craned his neck and saw many people were running hurriedly, looks of horror on their faces. The adults were carrying their crying children. There was another boom, and screams.

‘Give that back, Malfoy,’ Harry had talked, gritting his teeth, taking a step in front.
‘Once I’ve taken a look,’ Malfoy sneered.

Jayden saw a group of people with black robes, cloaks covering their heads. The weird thing was, they were all wearing masks. ‘Guys, look, who are those people?’ Jayden asked. ‘Guys?’

‘If you don’t give it back right now, I’m gonna—‘ Juno threatened, taking another step towards Draco. She was now face-to-face with him.

‘I haven’t had much look yet. I said I’d give it back once I’ve looked at it,’ Draco said, pulling the base of the All-Burner.

‘You’re breaking it!’ Hermione yelled.

The people outside were screaming, and Jayden couldn’t help standing on his heels.

‘Guys, there are black-masked people out there!’ he called impatiently. But everyone was so hot about Draco, no one heard Jayden.

‘Now, Malfoy,’ Harry had taken out his wand.

‘You sure you’re going to curse me, Potter? We’re not at school, remember.’

‘I don’t need my wand. I’m going to kill you with my bare hands,’ joined Fred.

Crabbe and Goyle massaged their knuckles menacingly.

‘You’re breaking it!’ Juno yelled angrily.

‘Guys, something is happening outside!’ Jayden shouted.

BOOOOOMMM!!!!

This boom did not resource from outside. It was an explosion from the inside of the tent.

Draco, somehow, had managed to activate the All-Burner.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
See, it's getting fun, right? Please comment, message, subscribe. :) Love you all.