Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Chapter 33 - At The Hospital Wing

Madam Pomfrey had soothed Juno and she was now lying on one of the beds, fully clothed and was resting on Olivia’s lap, blanket up to her chin. Draco was sitting on the wooden chair beside the bed, looking at Juno seriously. The matron had made it strict that no visitors except two. The rest were waiting outside and there was no doubt that they would sneak it during midnight to ask her what had actually happened.

‘Are you sure you don’t want us to tell it to Dumbledore?’ Draco demanded, glancing nervously at Olivia.

Juno shook her head, playing with the hem of Olivia’s skirt.

‘So he’ll get sacked, Juno,’ said Draco. ‘That way you don’t have to see him again.’

‘I thought he is better than Elvis,’ Olivia said scornfully, patting Juno’s hair. ‘He is actually a jerk.’

‘What actually happened, Juno?’ asked Draco softly.

Juno closed her eyes, remembering his touch, his fuming fingers upon her body, his crazy lips roaming on her skin. His stiffness trying to push in. His moans calling Samantha. Juno opened her eyes again, looking straight into the blue-grey eyes of Draco Malfoy. The blue-grey which gave her savor and safety. ‘He was drunk,’ she said slowly. ‘And he did not call me by my name while he did it.’

‘What?’ Olivia whispered.

‘He called me the name of his ex-fiancée,’ Juno considered. ‘Samantha. Samantha. That way.’

‘But— did he actually do it?’ Olivia asked inquiringly. She looked over at Draco, who was staring at Juno with utmost anxiety, leaning over in his seat closer to the bed.

‘I don’t think so. He was struggling all the time. I didn’t feel it inside me.’

‘Oh, Juno,’ Olivia hugged her. ‘You should understand this, right, Juno? That while dating you, the one he has in his mind is Samantha. He was truly obsessed by her—even in his subconscious. He saw you as her.’

Juno did not comment, and just stared expressionlessly at Draco’s left sleeve. She did not know what to think also. There was no anger inside her, no fury, no guilt, no pride, nothing. No sense of belonging, no reason to smile, no motive to break down and cry all over Olivia’s skirt.

Draco stood up. ‘I’d better go,’ he said. ‘Let somebody come in.’

Please don’t go. Juno thought poorly. I need you here.

‘Bye.’

Draco left.

*

Once outside, Hermione was the first to burst into the hospital wing, bringing a bunch of grapes, the look of paleness coloring her face. The rest, including Hagrid, were waiting outside, except Ron who had to be dragged along by Harry because he was too sleepy to open his eyes. Elvis wasn’t there, too. Good. Draco wasn’t sure he’d nicely greet him if he had turned up.

A ruffle came from Draco’s right and the moment he turned his head, a blow so hard hit his jaw. It felt as if it had fallen off. Draco retreated and rubbed his mouth—blood was trickling. In two seconds he caught Jayden’s fist hitting his left cheek, and he fell down to the floor, taken aback by the force. Angered, Draco immediately emerged and raised his clammed fist and brought it down onto Jayden’s jaw which produced a sickening crack.

‘Stop!’ someone shouted.

Draco felt strong hands pulling his arm, but he dodged it and charged forward to snatch Jayden’s collar and hit him once again.

Fred had pulled the messed up Jayden away before Draco could kick his stomach with his knee.

‘Stop behaving like gangsters!’ Hagrid had taken charge and pulled Draco away with just one hand.

‘You cunning bastard!’ Jayden spat, blood spitting out his mouth.

Draco wanted to punch again but his arms were held strongly by Hagrid, so he kicked Jayden.

‘Hey!’ Hagrid pulled him away leaving a ten feet gap.

‘YOU SCUM!’ Draco roared at the bloodied figure ten feet away.

‘I thought you are protecting her?’ sputtered Jayden, trying to push Fred away. But now George had joined as well.

‘I HAVE OLIVIA! YOU PROTECT HER!’ Draco bellowed, his voice thundering in the hall way. What he needed now was shout. Shouting his anger out till his throat exploded.

‘I’LL KILL YOU,’ Jayden shouted again, trying to charge forward, but slipping every time.

‘DON’T EVER THINK SHE WILL EVER LIKE YOU!’ Draco shouted without even thinking. The words started from his heart, then over powered by his fury, and they just blurted out his lips.

‘Oh yes,’ Jayden said malevolently. There was something Draco didn’t like there. ‘The world will turn around some day. You see. You just see. And when that day comes, you’ll approach and beg me for mercy.’

‘I’D RATHER DIE!’ Draco’s hand had reached inside his robes and had taken charge of the tip of his wand.

‘STOP IT!’ Hagrid boomed. The corners seemed to shatter at the intensity of his voice. Fortunately the Hospital Wing was sound-proofed. Jayden wiped off the blood trickling down his nose, in vain. Every time he rubbed it, another flow would trickle down gushingly. Draco stroked his raw knuckles, spitefully shooting sparks at the other boy. What was that cur saying, anyway? Did he indicate it or did he articulate it to attract his resentment?

‘Lucky the Hospital Wing is right here,’ Fred commented. A second later Harry appeared, having escorted Ron back to the Gryffindor tower. His eyes darted towards one boy then the other, catching George’s signal to not to inquire while the situation was still sizzling.

‘I hate hospitals,’ Draco pushed Hagrid away and he let him. Draco walked away, not giving another glance back. Jayden watched him swiftly walk away, then turned at the corner. When it was safe enough, and the silent distance had separated them, Fred let go of Jayden, whose front shirt was drenched with blood. Fred escorted the poor bloody boy into the Hospital Wing, where they earned gasps from the girls. Mostly Hermione and Olivia. Juno seemed to have slept. Her eyes were closed and not fluttering.

‘My, what happened? Jayden, your face is a mess,’ Hermione said shockingly, turning in her seat to find a good angle, as Fred ushered him to Madam Pomfrey’s office. The matron tut-tutted and started her remedy.

Image