I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

21 Guns

Scarlett's POV

Gun?
Check
Dom?
Check
Everyone else who's names were not important to me at this point in time?
Check

My hands were sweating from holding the gun tightly in my hands. I looked at Dom who gave me a quick nod.
"Everyone ready?" I asked quietly.
I got a few murmurs and nods from the guys in suits surrounding me.
"Go!" I yelled as the two guys in front of the door kicked it down and we all walked in, guns pointing ahead of us, ready to shoot anyone who threatened us in any way.
"POLICE! GET DOWN!" Dom yelled. For such a quiet guy, he could be loud when he wanted to.
There were some yells from the people in the flat we just crashed into. We were on another drug raid. Another day on the job, really.
There was a man huddled in the corner who I walked over to. I pulled out a pair of handcuffs and locked them around his wrists. I hauled him towards the door and walked him towards the cars that were waiting out the front.
After everyone was out and in the cars, being driven towards the police station in town and the flat was being inspected, Dom turned to me with his trademark, 100 watt smile.
"Good job, partner." he said, clapping me on the shoulder.
"Just another day on the job." I said, pulling out my phone from my pocket and switching it on.
1 message - Matt
I smiled as I opened up the message and read it
'I'm cooking dinner tonight. No exceptions. Be here at around 7. M xxx'
I replied with a quick 'ok' before returning to Dom, my trusty partner in crime, well, anti-crime, really.
Dom bent over to whisper in my ear, "the boss reckons we may have a job soon." before straightening up and grinning excitedly.
"Really?!" I asked, sounding as excited as a kid on Christmas morning, rather than a cop/fully trained spy who could kill someone in a second.
"Yeah, he didn't go into details, but it should be fun. Much more interesting than doing this for the third time in a week." he said with a role of his eyes.
I nodded in agreement as we walked towards the car. We fell into the car and Dom started it up and we drove back to the headquarters.
When we arrived and got out of the car, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I smiled when I pulled it out and saw Matt's name.
"This better be important, Bellamy, I'm a very busy woman, you know." I said playfully.
"Oh, I know, that's why I'm going to be quick." his voice sounding as playful as mine had. "Pasta or pizza?"
"You called me just for that?" I asked.
"Yes, yes I did."
I sighed and ran a hand through my long, wavy, blonde hair.
"Hmmmm, I think pasta would go down quite nicely. Especially your pasta." I said as he laughed.
"Pasta it is then." he said as I heard a bang come from the other end of the line.
"What was that?" I asked
"Your stupid cat knocking stuff off the table again."
I sighed, "Just pick her up and but her on the floor."
It went quiet for a bit. "Ow!" came Matt's voice again.
"You ok?" I asked
"She scratched me!" he said, disbelievingly.
I laughed. "Naww, poor Matty." I said, as Dom signalled for me. "Hey, I gotta go, but I'll see you tonight."
"Ok, love you." he said
I smiled and said "love you too" and hung up, walking inside the big, historic building which was headquarters
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story, so thanks for reading :D constructive criticism is well appreciated
Maddie x