Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

16.

The meal couldn’t have been any more of a disaster, not even if they had planned it that way.

Nick had tired hard, Drayden would give him that, to impress Aliandrea, but unfortunately she wasn’t having any of it, and instead would try and bring the conversation back to how well Drayden and Kennedy knew each other, brining up little anecdotes which made Nick terribly uncomfortable. John joining in, bringing up stories he knew and always keen to mention about how cute Kennedy and Drayden looked when they where together.

What made it worse for him was whenever Drayden wasn’t looking Kennedy would glance over at Nick and smirk, letting him know that Drayden was his, and would always be his, even if she didn’t know it yet.

This action would achieve Nick’s blood to boil, he yearned to reach over and hit Kennedy, wipe the smirk off his face, but he knew this would cause him more trouble than what it was worth.

Sometimes he even wondered if Drayden was worth this, worth possibly loosing one of his friends over, but then he would look at her, see her smile, and would somehow feel like she was worth all of it.

Logan found the whole act hilarious, she couldn’t stand Nick, there was just something about him that made her blood boil, and the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, he was just slimy to her. She knew he was hiding something from her, from Drayden, something the guy’s knew, but they refused to let her in on the secret.

Kennedy however refused to let go, and knowing that he had Aliandrea on his side made it all that sweeter, he knew that Aliandrea approval meant everything to Drayden, and without it, the couples relationship wouldn’t be that steady.

He noticed how Aliandrea would eye Nick while the group would talk, her eyes not too happy with his appearance, a white dress shirt rolled up so it lay just above his elbows, the first three buttons undone, revealing a navy under top, a black waist coat thrown on top.

The factor that he was trying so hard, made Aliandrea like him less, it made her feel like he was hiding something, trying to be something he wasn’t in order to be in her good graces to date her sister.

Where as Kennedy, dressed in a simple white v-neck and skinny jeans was defiantly trying not to impress, not that he had to, his personality shining through, instead of being masked by some silly disguise.

Nick’s hair, in Aliandrea’s opinion, was obviously fake. Being a red head herself she knew that he had tried so hard in attempt to make his hair look “naturally ginger” and adding that to the fact that he had spent probably an hour trying to perfect the tussled “just-rolled-out-of-bed” look made him look incredibly vain.

Kennedy’s hair on the other hand, possibly had a brush run through it this morning after he had gotten out the shower and then probably left to dry, the ends growing slightly too long causing it to flick out on his shoulder,being forced to stand in different directions as he ran a hand through it.

“So babe, where did John take you the other day?” Nick asked, the term “babe” making Drayden blush, but at the same time both Aliandrea and Kennedy’s blood’s boil at the cheap name men used to make woman feel like they needed to be owned by them, attempting to make them more vulnerable so they would need a man to keep them safe.

John faked gagged at the comment pretending to do it on Garrett’s lap causing everyone else to try and hide their snickers, Pat spluttering some of his orange juice out on the table cloth, turning to look at Aliandrea sheepishly as she sent him a warm reassuring smile in return.

“Err John, Jared, Pat and Me went to the cinema and then we met the other’s up and went paint balling” She said, a smile spreading across her face as she remembered the events of that day.

“Yeah, this girl’s got a pretty good eye” Garrett admitted, slinging his arm over Drayden’s should, playfully rubbing her head with his knuckles. “I wouldn’t mind her on my team during the zombie apocalypse”

All this attention caused her cheek to erupt in blush as Kennedy smiled softly, loving how innocent and cute she looked with the heat erupting on her face.

“Ah that’s cool” He said with an approving smile, Aliandrea rolled her eyes, disliking the fact that she felt that Nick was giving Drayden his stamp of approval as though she was his pet than a human. What was he going to do next? Ask her to roll over? Maybe play dead?. She noticed him, however, eyeing Garrett’s arm with distaste, making Aliandrea want to throttle him even more.

“Its getting late, I think you should go” Aliandrea stated, a slight chill to her voice as her eyes locked with Nick’s, he nodded slightly, standing up from the table, leaning over to kiss Drayden, causing her to blush at the fact that he did it in front of both her sister and friends, before leaving the room and the house.

There was silence in the house as they heard the front door click shut, before a engine starting in the street before driving off, tires squealing as the car turned the corner.

“What a dick” Pat stated, pouting slightly as he reached over helping himself to another spoonful of mash potatoes.

“Well I think that went rather well” John stated a wide grin adorning his face.

Drayden rolled her eyes as she turned to the others, a nervous smile on her face as she waited for the verdict.

“To be honest Drayden” Aliandrea started, as Drayden bit her lip, nodding.

“I don’t like him” she stated simply lifting her fork up to take another bite of her meal, Drayden sat shocked slightly, as Kennedy smirked across the table with his small victory in the long war over Drayden’s heart.

Drayden finally snapped back into reality, her face contorting into a scowl, as she looked at her sister sharply.

“Why don’t you like Nicholas?” Drayden demanded, hands placed firmly on her as she sat there, refusing to eat any of the meal.

“Drayden Grace, please believe me when I say he is no good for you” Aliandrea said softly, turning to look at her sister, begging her to drop the subject.

“Why isn’t he?” Drayden continued, refusing to drop the subject, as Aliandrea sighed, dropping her fork on her plate, before resting her head in her hands.

“Honestly, I think he’s arrogant, full of himself and I am most certain that he is keeping something from you” Aliandrea spoke confidentially watching as Drayden’s face crumpled as she ran upstairs and into her bedroom, leaving everyone sat at the table.

Kennedy sat there torn to whether he should be happy that Drayden was one step closer to being his, or whether upset that he partially caused her to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment (: