Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

18.

Drayden awoke the new morning with a headache pulsing as her insides felt like they where squirming inside of her, her head beginning to hurt more from the bright light that stung her eyes.

She slapped her hands onto her head, in hopes to ease the pain and to shield herself from the light, however only inflicting more pain upon herself with the harsh move.

A light breeze hit her legs as she swung them out of the bed. Her eyes widening upon feeling the cold wood of laminate flooring rather than her fluffy beige carpet beneath her toes.

She looked down at her self, startled to find she was wearing a shirt she had never seen before and her undergarments. Her attire from the night before nowhere to be seen except for only lonely cow boy boot discarded in the corner.

Hastily she pulled on the shoe, looking around the room eagerly in the hopes of finding another figure that could explain to her the tales of what happened last night, and why she ended up semi-naked in a strangers room.

She made her way downstairs, careful not to step over the bodies of people that seemed semi close to being comatose, sprawled out upon all surface, some placed in provocative positions.

Kennedy stood in the kitchen, handing out advil and water accordingly as he nursed some old friends back to health as they caught up on the ins and outs of each others lives.

“So man, what happened?” Stephen questioned, slapping his brothers hand away from the glass, causing John to fake pout, instead attempting to know reach of and take Jess’ coke.

“It’s a long story –“ Kennedy started, running a hand through his hair as his gazed was placed firmly upon the table, before being cut off by Jess.

“C’mon Ken, give us some credit. We’ve known you and Dray how long? We know everything about you” She stated, taking a swig of coke as john snickered, earning him a head slap from Stephen.

“Nick Santino got Drayden wasted last night” Garrett started, from where he was sat upon the counter “he led up her upstairs –“ he continued before being cut off again by Kennedy mumbling how it was all his fault.

“I went looking for her with Logan, and we stumbled across them in a room, I pulled Nick off of her and ‘escorted’ him out while Logan got Drayden’s undies covered up” Garrett finished as Kennedy whimpered, mumbling about how he wasn’t able to keep his promise to her.

“That little asshole! In my house? The prick!” John spluttered, smushing the muffin that was in his hand as he banged it upon the table angrily, his glasses slipping off his nose.

“We cant tell her” Kennedy mumble, his eyes tinged red, this statement however caused everyone to begin to protest before they cut themselves off.

Finally making her way into the kitchen, hearing faint conversation which ceased as she stepped through the door, everyone turned to acknowledge the new spectator, eyes widening upon realising it was indeed the girl in question.

“Oh my days…JESS!” Drayden screeched running through the kitchen before jumping upon the girls lap, pulling her into a tight embrace. Jess squealed in reply, hugging the girl equally as tight as John and Stephen let out signs of protest.

“My Gomez Brothers” Drayden cheered jumping off of Jess knee and tackling Stephen and John, kissing them both on the cheek before looking around for the seat, not finding one, causing John to pull her onto his knee instead.

Kennedy looked at the table, unable to look into his best friends eyes, feeling bitter for almost breaking his promise and nearly letting her innocent be stolen from her.

“So what’s up?” Drayden spoke, curious to know what conversation she missed out on. No one spoke at first until Jess cleared her throat, taking a gulp of coke before speaking.

“Just catching up really” she admitted with a smile “Kennedy here is helping me cure my guys hangover. But I’ve missed you little one…what’s happening in life?” Jess spoke, an innocent smile placed upon her face, ridding Drayden’s mind of any doubts she had.

“I met a boy while Kenny and the guys where on tour, he’s sweet and adorable and so good to me” she spoke with a wide grin, singing Nick’s praises to everyone as they grimaced, remembering the previous conversation. “…and to be honest, I think he is far to good for me” she concluded a light blush erupting onto her face, not noticing everyone around her tense, or john’s arms tighten around her,

“Drayden, you listen to me” Kennedy began, pausing to lick his lips, trying to stop himself stuttering before beginning again “No one will ever be good enough for you, okay baby girl? You’ll always be ten times the person they are”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? (: