Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

1.

“Dray!” Someone screeched, below the ginger haired girls window. Her eyes snapped open before she squinted in order for her mossy green eyes to be able to see in the glare of the sun.

“What?!” she called, trudging to her window, tripping over stray articles of clothing along the way, as soon as she opened the window.

“Let me in! I need to pee and I have news!” the brunette cried as the ginger nodded before heading downstairs, before finally opening the door.

“Finally” the brunette cheered, running into the house before the ginger had even opened the door a few centimetres. “As I was walking down the street your mum drove past me so I’ve been stood shouting you for the past 10 minutes!” the girl mumbled darkly, her eyes sharpening on the girl who’s house she was in as she headed into the kitchen rolling her eyes.

“Logan, why didn’t you just drive your car here?” the ginger questioned her friend as she sat at the counter, waiting for the multi-coloured kettle to boil.

“Because” Logan started, pushing a strand of dark her behind her ears “when Garrett came over before they left for tour, he was messing around with my car keys, you know how obsessed he is with that little zombie key chain I’ve got, and now the boob has gone and accidentally took my keys with him, so now for the remaining month I have a car on my drive which I can’t use” she said, trying to sound angry at the boy she was talking about, but failing miserably as a smile crept onto her face when she uttered his name.

“Only you and Garrett would do something like that” the ginger smiled at her friend, as the kettle made a slight beeping noise signalling that it was ready for use. “Want anything to eat?” she added as she grabbed a mug, and made her favourite drink: tea with four sugars.

“Eh, sure” she said with a smile as she pulled a loaf of bread out of a cupboard and began making toast for them both, before they headed to the table.

“So what’s up?” the ginger questioned her friend, running a hand through her un-brushed in attempts to make it presentable.

“Well I was going to come around anyway, but Garrett phoned me and asked me to pay you a visit because John, my stupid ass of a cousin, has decided to drag them all to a party, meaning that Kennedy won’t be able to have his normal “Hey Drayden, I love you Drayden” conversations” she stated through a mouthful of toast, crumbs falling down her chin as she smiled, noticing the blush that erupted on Drayden’s cheeks when she mocked their conversation.

“Those are not what are conversations are like” Drayden defended as Logan rolled her eyes, before reaching into her worn out tote bag extracting a present and a card.

“Whatever Fartface…happy birthday” she retorted with a smile passing her friend the gift.

“Logan it’s not my birthday till tomorrow, see Kennedy’s not texted me and he always text’s me at 12:01 on my birthday, its tradition” Drayden replied as Logan’s smile dropped.

“Drayden, today is your birthday, check the date…” she began trying not to upset Drayden in anyway as it seemed that her best friend since birth had forgot her birthday.

“Oh…” she said as realisation hit her, she gave a weak smile before looking down into her lap, the spotty wrapping paper, colourful against her grey sweatpants. She reached a shaking hand down to take the paper off, before letting it cascade to the floor, instead seeing her own face smiling back at her with many others.

Drayden raised her hand and looked at all the photo’s individually, touching the surface lightly, first the one of her and Logan, pulling funny faces at the camera as they sat outside of John’s house, both dressed to impress after coming back from a celebratory dinner for the boy’s first show.

The next one of her and Garrett, both dressed as Harry Potter and Ron Weasley at John’s Halloween party, pretending to send a spell at the camera, giggling at each other as Pat ran past, a piece of tape stuck to his face, pulling his nose back as he pretended to be Lord Voldermort, while getting chased by a little kid screaming his head off.

The one below that was one of her and John, pulling faces at each other armed with paintbrushes in art class, after getting into a rant about using the “correct” shade of blue on their shared drawing of a garden, which to be frank looked like a 3 year olds, after getting into such a debate about the correct shade they started to fight, flicking random colour of paint on each other, earning themselves two weeks of detention.

To the left was one of her and Pat, cheeks pressed tightly together, as they got as close to the camera as possible with them both still being able to be in the picture, grinning toothily at the camera.

Above this one was the one of her and Jared, laughing in the middle of two bathroom doors, clothes piled in their arms as an angry Kennedy and Garrett popped their heads around the door, blushing at the fact that they were stuck in the bathroom with no clothes or towels and no means of getting out.

All of the photo’s placed around one big photo in the centre of her and Kennedy, on the beach, not looking near the camera but instead at each other, deep in conversation, Drayden was smiling slightly at something he said as he pushed a strand of her hair back, unaware of the picture being taken, as the sun began to set in the background.

“Wow, this is beautiful” Drayden whispered, smiling as the memories ran through her mind, as she was thankful of having such good friends. “I didn’t even know this one existed” she added her hand resting lightly on Kennedy’s face.

“Neither did I” Logan replied honestly with a smile “Garrett showed me it the other day, he took it and had kept it a secret so we could use it in our present, so yeah that’s from Garrett and me” she concluded, before her friend pulled her into a hug.

“How about we go out for some lunch?” Drayden asked, as Logan nodded, adjusting her outfit of dark skinny jeans, a blue sweater. Drayden smiled, before grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom.

“Let’s go, birthday girl” Logan exclaimed pushing Drayden through the door as they left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont know when i'll update again, but please comment.