Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

24.

The six hour car ride was far from silent, Kennedy played music on the John’s radio, and the only station that he was able to get though was an old country station. Songs that he hadn’t heard for since he was little dancing around the kitchen with his mama while the made smiley face pancakes.

He didn’t need to bother singing quietly along to the song because it’s impossible to wake Dray up when she’s asleep. Kennedy took advantage of this, singing all the songs he knew at the top of his lungs, his window down, with one arms hanging out the car, tapping along to the rhythm.

It wasn’t until they were near there destination that he got nervous, wondering how she would react to being kidnapped. She was away from her friends, and that asshole of a boyfriend, but Kennedy couldn’t consider that now. He needed to make sure the plan worked.

He pulled up to the motel, not being able to afford anymore, especially where they were. He walked in, with her dozing in his arms, not feeling comfortable leaving her alone outside in the truck. The man on reception looked at the teens in disgust, his eyes moving to the dirty computer screen as they approached.

“Room for two please?” Kennedy requested trying not to stutter as Drayden moaned and nuzzled her face into the crook of her neck.

“How long for?” the man snapped, his finger poised over the mouse as he gave Kennedy a sharp look.

“Can I pay for two nights and then pay for more if we decide to stay longer?” he asked, biting his lip as the man rolled his eyes, tapping the mouse harshly before lifting a hand over the counter.

Kennedy awkwardly reached into his back pocket pulling out his wallet while trying not to drop Drayden while pulling out the money. The mans nose scrunched up as he counted the money, reaching the conclusion that he only got a $1 tip.

“Room 13. No funny business” the man said sternly, turning away from Kennedy all together leaving the key on the desk for him to grab. He walked off rolling his eyes as he noticed the sign on the elevator saying out of order, having to then take the stairs instead.

Once he got to the door it was already ajar, he nudged it wider before tentavily stepping in, looking around. The floral wallpaper was beginning to fall down, the bed was unmade, and the sheet chucked over the mattress, the bin in the corner was overflowing with empty alcohol bottles and condom wrappers. This was not what he expected.

He daren’t leave Drayden in the room, instead picking her up and heading back down stairs placing her in one of the oversized leather armchairs near a window in the lounge. When he looked over to the desk he saw the same man as before.

“I’d like my money back please” Kennedy stated, his fingers tapping on the counter as he starred at the man, the mans eyes flicked onto him before moving back to the computer.

“And why is that?” he asked in a monotone voice, scrolling down his webpage not really paying attention to what was happening.

“The room is a shithole” Kennedy said simply, his voice portraying more confidence than what he actually had.

The man turned again, this time starring at Kennedy, his eyes boring into him, finally the man sighed moving to the till and pressing some buttons.

“Here’s your money. Now. Get. Out” he sneered, slamming the money onto the table before heading into the office, leaving Kennedy to pocket the money, and heading over to where he placed Drayden.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it seems like giving the story a break has totally worked for me.
three chapters in three days :)