Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

25

He drove around, looking for a decent place to stay. As the minutes ticked, his fear increased. Every time Drayden moved, her breathing paused, or make a slight sound Kennedy’s head would snap around.

Finally Kennedy figured out his way, realising that for the past 30 minutes he had been driving around in a loop. He looked up at a hotel, a nice looking one that was on a totally different scale making the previous one look like it was inhabited by rats, which by its standards, it probably was.

“Trotter, what the frick am I doing in your car?” a voice questioned to the right of him, causing him to jump slightly.

“Denny, please don’t be mad. I just thought we needed to get away from Arizona for a bit. To sort our friendship out where no one can interfere” Kennedy said carefully, swallowing at the end of his sentence nervously wondering how she was going to react to her words.

“Where are we?” Drayden asked her voice portraying no emotion, causing Kennedy to worry whether this was the right thing to do.

“Err Long Beach, CA” Kennedy replied with a nervous laugh “Just pulling up to the hotel actually” he added pointing out the window.

“Well, might as well not waste a trip” Drayden stated, jumping out the car in her Pj’s waiting for Kennedy to do the same.

As soon as they finally got a room, Drayden had stressed to the manager that they must have separate beds, the first thing Drayden did was storm into the room, slamming the bathroom door behind her as she began to run a bath.

Extracting her phone out of her bag she hit the familiar numbers into the phone, growing more furious with every ring that rang in her ear.

“Did you know?!” was the first words to come out of her mouth when the other person had finally answered.

“What do you mean ‘Did I know’?” the other voice questioned, in what they hoped was in a clueless way.

“Don’t lie to me Logan, and I know everyone else is with me so stop hiding me and tell me what the fuck is going on” Drayden demanded, frowning into the running water, as she awaited their reply, not believing what her friends had done to her.

“Are you mad at me Draydey?” she could hear Pat’s adorable little voice through the phone, his voice quiet and soft scared of what the answer would be.

As soon as they hit Drayden, they washed away the anger she was feeling, her heart automatically dropping at the fact that Pat was so scared she hated him.

“No Pat honey, I’m not mad, just a bit surprised and confused to why I am in California with Kennedy, when we are currently not the best of friends at the moment” Drayden replied, her voice floating softly down the receiver to the group of people on the other end.

In a small little house in Tempe, 9 people were sat, cramped around a dinning table as they all looked at the phone in the middle replaying the phone call.

Pat, wedged between Logan and Jess, was worried and regretting the plan, but John was sat opposite him with the grocery whiteboard, writing the words that he had to say in the phone to make sure the group got the best result possible.

“Little one, just give it a chance. Listen to what Kennedy has to say, we want you to be normal again, how inseperable you used to. And we thought the best way was when no one who knew you could interfere, please don’t be angry little one. We thought it was for the best” Jess said, ignoring John’s script which currently said ‘Drayden, just get together and have babies named John’.

On the other end of the phone Drayden bit her lip, not knowing what to say. Finally after minutes of silence she gave in to her heart, muttering “I’ll give it one night” down the phone before hanging up, and collapsing on the bed.