I Am The Answer You Misunderstood.

004;

New, silk blouse or comfy, black tee….
New, silk blouse or comfy, black tee….
New, silk blouse or comfy, black tee…..

I stared at the two outfits laying on my bed. I knew that I would look good either way- it was just the look, and the impression I wanted to give Johnny. Of course he had seen me in what I was wearing yesterday, but that was a cross between comfortable clothes and cute, dressy clothes. I rarely ever wore just t-shirts, I was usually always dressed up…. I chose the new, silk blouse I had just gotten from Versace. It was a creamy pink color, with ruffles going down the middle, the fabric came to the edge of my shoulders and had a high neckline. I pulled on a pair of grey skinny jeans, with rips and tears all down the legs for the style. I topped my outfit off with 2 inch heels, that were nearly the same color as my blouse. I looked at my appearance in my long mirror in my closet. My purposely, messy, wavy hair tied in perfectly with my somewhat elegant looking outfit. I applied lip gloss to my lips, making my lips bright pink, and headed out the door. I knew I would be probably about 5 minutes late, but I knew he wouldn’t be right on time either…

Once I got to the restaurant where we were meeting, I spotted him immediately. He had gotten us a table outside, where the breeze was cool, and the sun was right over top of our heads- It was going to be a good lunch, I thought to myself. He was slouched back in his chair, with his drink in hand, sipping it through a straw. He had aviator sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose giving him a sense of mystery. He glanced up at me, overtop his glasses, as I walked towards him. He smiled and stood up immediately. Now, it‘s not that I didn‘t notice it yesterday but it came at my like a heat wave when I saw him- This man was extremely, extremely attractive. “Hey!” He said, extending his long arms out to me, requesting for a hug.

“Hi! I’m sorry I’m late.” I said and accepted his request. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. He smelled so amazing. So amazing it was hard for me to let go of and him and sit down- but I did.

He removed his Aviators from his face, and said, “Oh, don’t worry about it. I literally just had gotten here. But, damn, Megan. You- you look good. ”

This put a wide smile across my face. “Why, thank you. But you look great, and you smell, like, really good.” He laughed, telling me ‘Thank you’. I loved the way he laughed after everything he said, it honestly kept a smile on my face just to hear it.

A waitress came out just a few seconds later, she laid a bowl of breadsticks on the center of the table and asked us what we wanted to drink. Johnny got himself a beer, I just stuck with a diet Pepsi. “Ah, don’t tell me you don’t drink.”

“I do. It’s just that I don’t during the middle of the day, and not beer. That’s stuffs nasty to me.”

“Take it back, it’s amazing!”

“Every once and a while it’s okay, I guess….” Smiling at him.

He squinted his eyes, and stared at me. “That’s better.” And then of course he laughed.

Out of no where, literally out of no where, a guy, who I had seen the day before walking with Johnny, came running up from behind Johnny with a boxing glove on one hand, and a cup full of something in the other. It happened so fast, I didn’t get to warn him. The guy threw the liquid onto Johnny’s face, making him flinch and turn his head to the other side, where the box glove came and hit him right in the jaw. The liquid that didn’t hit Johnny, came flying on me.

“Man! That hurt!” Johnny yelled, except with a few cuss words in between. He reached behind him, and successfully hit the guy in the stomach. But they both ended up laughing, while I sat there drenched. What was the liquid? Blue Gatorade.
I quickly grabbed a handful of napkins that were laying on the table, and cleaned face off a bit and then started dabbing my shirt. But it was no use, my new, cream, silk shirt was ruined. Johnny took a break from laughing with his friend to look over at me, he stopped laughing immediately and so did his friend. Wide eyed, he jumped up from his seat and came over to me. He crouched down beside of me. “ Oh, God. I’m so sorry! He- he doesn’t have much sense at all.”

His friend came over to me too. “I’m sorry! It’s not his fault! It was me screwing around with him, obviously.”

They continued with their apologies for only a few more minutes before I threw my hands up in their face. They hushed immediately, and I pushed back from the table and stood up. “Megan…” Johnny said softly.

“I’m going home.” I stated, looking at him.

“No. Please don’t.”

“Yes, I am. My new, shirt from Versace is ruined. Ruined! My face is sticky, and my hair is too. I’m going home.” I walked away with Johnny following me. We walked past the with our drinks, Johnny pointed to his friend, telling her he was covering the bill. He walked with me to the corner of the street, where I waved for a cab.

“I’m sorry.” He said, soothingly. “I had no idea he was going to do that.”

“Well, it’s not your fault. But I’m still going home.”

“Yeah, I know.” A cab pulled over, and let me get in. Johnny leaned in through the passenger window, giving the driver enough money to cover my ride home. “Can I call you tonight?” He asked quickly. I didn’t answer him, instead I told the driver my address and we left.

“Bad date?” The driver asked.

“Kind of.” I answered.

As soon as I got home I headed straight for the shower. I took one for about 30 minutes, then ran me some bath water and took a bubble bath.

It was very relaxing and soothing, I had my Ipod ear phones in, with the music all the way turned up. I would have stayed in the tub all day if I could have, but my fingers and toes started wrinkling up, forcing me to get out.

I wrapped my hair up in a towel, and put on my short, silk robe that my father had gotten for me on his business trip to Japan. I rushed out to the kitchen, realizing that I was starving. I never did get to eat lunch, and I hadn’t ate breakfast that morning either. I passed Taylor in the hallway and she said, “Something came for you while you were in the shower.”

“Something came for me?” I asked not knowing exactly what she was talking about. I walked into the kitchen to find a bouquet of flowers in a vase, and a package right next to it. I smiled, knowing who it was from. I read the card on the flowers. It said:
Megan,
I’m sooooooooooo sorry for what happened. Believe me, Bam’s going to get it sooner or later- I choose sooner. But, I wanted you to know how sorry I was, I hope you can forgive me and want to go out again soon. I’m probably making an ass of myself right now, but I don’t really care. I’m calling you tonight, so if you forgive me, please answer. If you don’t, then I understand why. But you can’t say I didn’t warn you when we first met, we really are a bunch of Jackasses.
Love,
Johnny.


I smiled to myself as I smelled the roses. I looked at the package that had another note on it.

Oh, and I had a friend of mine pick this up for you. Hope it’s right!

I opened the box to find a new Versace shirt laying there, exactly like the one I was wearing today.

“Whose it from?” Taylor asked, walking into the kitchen.

“Johnny. Johnny Knoxville.”

“You’re kidding me, right?”

“Nope, look at the card.”

“It just says Johnny though…”

“But, it’s him.”

“Whatever you say.”

I rolled my eyes at her, like I do regularly and carried my package back into my room with me. I laid back on my bed, and grabbed my phone. There was no way I could wait for him to call me. I dialed his number, and he answered on the second ring. “Johnny.” I said before he could even say ‘hello’.

All he did was laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
:D