Status: Be my lover, my lady river

You and I

I'll put a spell on you

I need you to be mine. I need to look into your eyes again and watch as the world stops turning and I wait for you to....to do something. I yearn and long for the day you'll say those words to me that you have given away so freely to the girl with the lovely soprano voice and leading role. I wait for you in my tower, but my hair will never be long enough for you to reach.

Guilt of what was never crosses my thoughts when you sit in front of me, bent over your book in concentration and utter beauty. I sometimes wish that the powers i have that somehow seem to work on everyone else would work on you. I wish that you would hear my laugh and realize its the sweetest sound you've ever heard, or see my eyes from across the field as I watch you. I have lost the feeling of strangeness when I glance at a photo of you that I have. I no longer feel that odd sense of intrusion when I study your movements, I simply feel my soul fly away into the heavens of my wide imagination. In my dreams you dance with me to a waltz and I am in the only place I ever want to be; your arms. When I read the words on paper they never feel quite the same as when you are singing them. I wish that as you sing you feel my mind focusing on every syllable, ever flick of the tongue, every held note. When I speak your name on my lips they reveal so much of what I feel that It's hard for me to believe you can't feel it.

Most of the time I feel this new feeling that I have just found. A feeling of being invisible. My entire life those who I have loved have come to me, I have been center stage, I have been showered in praise for who knows what. And now I stand beneath your throne, willing to beg for the simplicity of your acknowledgment, the gift of your eyes upon my face, the favor of my love returned.

All of these words will never be able to truly express how I feel, and though I will forever wish to chase you down and corner you in a pit of passion and despair, I know in the darkest regions of my heart that the chase will never even begin and I will stay the lovely bystander, waiting and wishing away her youth.