Letters From a Soldier

Letter two: Rose

Rose sighed as she walked into the door from school. She had had a rough day and couldn't wait to take her shoes off and lay in bed.

"Honey, is that you?" Mom called from the kitchen. "You have a letter."

Rose ran into the kitchen and grabbed the letter. "I'll be in my room."

I quickly went up the stairs and plopped down on my bed and tore open the letter to read:

Dear Rose,
It's OK that I call you Rose right? Well, thank you, you make me feel like someones actually thankful that I'm out here. My parents weren't all to thrilled at first, and still somewhat aren't. I'm Will, 19 years old, and i have been here for just almost a year now. I have brown hair and green eyes and bout 6 foot. Tell your mother thank you for the package, i really appreciate it. Well, its not easy here. I'm pretty much out on the front line and it scares the hell out of me most of the time. I'm glad that your writing to me, i think it will help me cope with some of the things I've seen and done here. I'm hoping to be coming home soon. Where are you located? I'm from Texas. If your somewhere around that area, when I come home for a while, maybe I could come thank your family? Well, i guess that's good for now. Take care.
Your Friend
Will.

I smiled. Wow! he lived in the same state! I hurriedly got out something to wright with and on.

Dear Will,
I live in Texas too! I'd love it if we could meet. It'd be totally awesome! So, i was thinking, to take your mind off of what is going on there, maybe I could tell you alittle bit of what I go through, but if you don't want me too, just say so. So my friends get on my nerves! My friend Kelly, she continuously is always complaining about being fat when shes only like 115 pounds! Not to mention she's always stuck up her bf's ass. And Shelly, she likes to be in everyone's buisness where she does not need to be, and tells everyone! She likes to feel in charge, but its annoying.
So I want to go to A & M, but I don't know what I want to do yet. I feel like I'm rambling. :/ haha, So my mom wants to send you a pic of us, to let you see the family that cares for you.
Your Friend
Rose.

Rose sealed it up in in envolpe and headed back down stairs.

"Here ma." Rose handed her the letter and sat down at the table. "Whats for dinner?"