Sequel: The Dark Witch

ορφανό και Εὐρυδίκη

Crucio

P.O.V - Maria Le Fay

"Do you understand what you have to do?" Spoke my father softly, as he circled me, his harsh gaze fixed upon my blank expression.

"Yes, father." I replied obediently, keeping my gaze directly upon the single lit torch on the opposite wall as I fought the urge to blink. For I knew what he was doing, it was what he always did, a test. He had to do it, he had to test my resolve, prove that my devotion to him was real.

He paused his circling, to stand directly in front of me. I didn't even blink as I turned my head slightly to meet his gaze. I watched as a small smirk began to form on his lips and I stiffened my resolve as I prepared myself for what was coming, like I always had done.

"And what is it that I have instructed you to do?" He asked of me, his voice low and hissing.

I met his gaze, refusing to flinch. I knew this game, "Nothing." I replied in a cool tone, one devoid of all emotion, "I am going to Hogwarts to benefit my education, nothing more."

My father's lips curled into what could almost be mistaken for a smile, "Good girl." He replied, before raising his wand and, pointing it in my direction, yelled, "Crucio!"

I almost laughed, as I felt the familiar pain course through my body. It almost felt like home. Time seemed to have no meaning here, as I waited for him to let the curse subside and bring me back to the harsh world of reality. For it was here, only here, that I felt my father's love, here in the pain.

Then, almost before I knew it, it was over, and I found myself lying on the floor, small streams of blood flowing from my mouth and nose. Emotionlessly, I wiped at them away with the back of my hand, before rising to my feet. Mindful of my father's cold gaze upon me as I did so. I gave him a small smile that went unreturned, as he once again began to circle me.

"What is it I have instructed you to do, daughter?" He asked softly.

"Nothing." I replied in the same emotionless tone as before, "I am going to Hogwarts to benefit my education, nothing more." I felt the tip of his wand brush through my hair before hearing the familiar words escape his lips,

"Crucio!" Said Voldemort harshly.