Normalcy: Not a Chance

My New Family

After I arrived in Italy, I had to get into a limo that took me to my biological mother’s beach house. I wondered why it was a limo but I was too sad to think anymore of it.

When the limo arrived at the house, I realized how big the place was. I mean what is she? A big movie star? Then, I saw them; the big group of people consisting of two girls who looked like twins, and a little boy along with my new mom. Who were they?

“Serenity honey, welcome to your new home! This is your brother,” she dais pointing to the little boy standing next to her, “His name is Christopher and this is your sisters, Alice and Alexandria.”

“What? I have brothers and sisters?” I said as I looked at them all.

“Yes.”

“Oh this is just great! You come into my home; my real home back in Michigan just so you could take me to Italy to meet my biological brother and sisters, making me leave behind the things I really love?; My family and my best friend? What kind of a mother are you?” I said as I stomped off in search of my new bedroom.

Once I found my new bedroom I sat down and cried. I cried for the things that I have lost and the things that I have gained. I didn’t want anything like this. I was happy with my life back in Michigan where I knew people and I had a shoulder to cry on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I had cried for several hours making my eyes all puffy, I sat up on my bed to the sound of someone cooking and the smell of spaghetti, my favorite dish. How did my biological mom know what to make me come out of my room? Did she talk to my parents?

With my biological mom knowing my weakness I walked down the stairs to find my whole new family seated at the table. They were waiting for me.

“Oh I’m glad you finally came down,” said my biological mom.

“Yeah well you cooked my favorite dish, ummm…. what should I call you?” I said as I sat down.

“Well first of all you can call me mom.”

“Hell no! I already have a mom lady, and you are not her. So pick something else.”

“Okay, well call me Lucinda then. That’s my name after all. Oh and if you like the spaghetti, I would just want to let you know that it wasn’t made by me.”

“Well who was it made by then?” I said puzzled.

“Well it was made by our hired professional cook, Marvin.”

“What? You have hired workers? Who are you anyways? A big movie star?” I said as I chuckled at the thought.

“Well, let’s just say that we need to talk,” she said with a serious face.

Is she really a big movie star? What kind of family have I been brought to?