‹ Prequel: Honest in Lies

Deceptive in Truth

three

It was a dream; there was no explanation for it. There was no way she could be experiencing this world wide phenomenon. Candy was standing in a meadow, filled with the greenest and purest of grasses, adorned with lightly colored flowers. Dressed in a summer dress, that seemed to be taken from a movie the way it flowed so softly over her body, hanging loosely while succumbing to her waist. Her hair was curled and flowing freely behind her as she moved slowly. The sun was shining brightly over the horizon, enough to cast a glare but not enough to blind one.

Her blue eyes squinted, seeing a moving complex in over the hill. Her heart jolted. An inevitable smile spread over her lips as she realized who it was. Gaspard. He was walking toward her at a slow pace but soon enough he was already in front of her his never ending eyes peering into her very soul. His face was as pale as the day he died, but with a newfound life that screamed youth. A small sided smirk broke out on his face, revealing perfect teeth. His eyes were sad though.

A hand swept over her hair, pulling a loose curl over her ear. “Hello…my princess.” His voice was drenched in the French accent she wished she could hear in reality again.

Her hand swept over his, to hold it lovingly in place. Tears started to spring at the corner of her eyes, something that wasn’t new to her. “Gaspard? Is it really you?” her voice cracked.

Gaspard’s chilled forehead rested on hers, his eyelashes brushing against her cheeks as they closed and opened to allow his striking eyes bore into hers. It was an intimate moment that didn’t need words, seeing as they would ruin the moment. The couple peered longingly into each other’s eyes; with a fiery intensity that only they could understand. His nose brushed across hers, as his lips pressed with the softest delicacy against hers. It was soft, just like it was the first time they had shared a kiss. Cautious, but wanting more and knowing what the other was capable of. His free hand cupped her cheek, a thumb brushing over the broad of her cheekbone; the stroke one of adoration and love. Gaspard was cupping her face with tender hands, holding her still as their lips interlocked. Candy’s hands found their ways to wrap around his neck, slow and snakelike.

And somehow, it felt like she was losing him. Her eyelids fluttered open slowly, seeing that he was disintegrating. Disappearing into the wind as it blew over them. Her hands grappled to grab onto him, trying to hold what little of him remained. His lips left hers last, parting with the wind. He was gone again. Just like that. Out of her reach once more.

Candy fell to her knees in the meadow, sobbing. “Gaspard, Gaspard come back please.” Her eyes closed as pain washed over her again. “I’m begging you please don’t leave me here.” Nobody came to her rescue. A form did appear in front of her, she could see the black shoes through her blurred vision. “Gaspard?” she said through a clogged voice.

“Not even close.” The voice was dark and low, sadistic and evil. The voice had a scythe and he swung it, dicing her blond head off. Blond curls fell to the ground.

Candy shot up on the plush bed she sat in, her breathing coming heavily. Wide awake, it took her less than the amount of time she’d been up to realize something was positioned over her. It was heavy, a weighty body that seemed to have long limbs. Her eyebrows furrowed and her fangs shot out pushing him off her and into the ceiling. It cracked behind the force exerted. Candy was up off the bed in, her bare feet sinking into the rug. It was a male, she could identify from the outline of the form that had fallen onto her bed. She hissed violently, watching him dart to his feet.

“I don’t want to fight you, Candy Katheleen. I came here to talk.” His voice was soft, concerned that he had disrupted something deeper than it appeared.

“Really? I’m not afraid too.” She hissed out, jabbing him in the nose.

He cried out, hands holding his nose, which was the last thing she saw before it blurred. Her elbow was wrenched behind her back, this time it was Candy who cried out in pain. Pain that was so unavoidable she went down on her knees. “But it doesn’t mean I’m opposed too.” He growled in her ear.

“Get off of me,” she said in a threatening tone before thrusting her foot back into his groin and flipping him over her back.

Once he was on his back, her hands were at his throat, barely aware of the sharp utensil at hers. He was fast. Faster than her and she was supposed to be the fastest species there was. Half vampire and half werewolf. What was this? The knife had poked into her skin, blood beading around the tip.

“Don’t push me.” he said, a look in his eyes telling her he meant it.

“What are you?” she said calmly, pushing the blade away.

“Something just like you.” He said, squatting up on his knees. “A mixture.”

“Of what?”

“Quarter part werewolf, what’s leftover vampire.”

“How is that possible?” she asked, wiping the blood off her neck. “You’re either half and half.”

“No.” she looked into his eyes, coming to the conclusion he was the owner of the green eyes she had seen earlier. It would have explained why he could move so fast before she could place him in a category. “I was born a werewolf, bitten by a werewolf, and bitten by a vampire.”

“How are you still alive?”

“I could be asking you the same question.”

“Excuse me?” she said standing.

He prodded her on the forehead. “You, Candy Katheleen have a bounty on your head.”

“Are you insane? I would know if there was a bounty on my head. And if there was a bounty on my head, I’d know! You know why, because I can smell the species around me, and the only specie who would want me dead would be the werewolves because I killed their little Prince. Who the hell wants a bounty on my head?”

“The Half Breeds.”
♠ ♠ ♠
now comes the time you guys start commenting for updates c:
4 subscribers either from crossover to the prequel or new readers who like this<3
comment!
heerr loft looks like this minus the missing rooms, but most scenes will be taking place in her bedroom.
not in the naughty way either.