Status: Active.

Sunsets and Drugs

Oh, Save me.

I took another puff and exhaled, glancing at my boyfriend as he sat staring at the ocean. Alexander sat beside me, relaxing I suppose. I couldn't really tell because his eyes were emotionless. This cigarette wasn't quenching my need for a stress free nicotine haze. I nudged his arm with my elbow.
"Yes, Avery?" He spoke with a deep voice but not too deep. It sent shivers down my spine when he said my name.
"What are you thinking?" I asked quietly. I searched his face for any emotion, alas I didn't find any.
"I'm not ready to go. This isn't right Avery." He looked forward again, but before he did, I saw pain flash through his eyes.
"I'll be alright, I promise."
I scooted closer.
"Avery, it won't be alright. I'm tired of you letting stuff like this go. It just kills me to say goodbye to you everyday, knowing you're walking into hell. I can't let you go and get hurt every time you're at home. I'm not ready to let you go yet." He sounded like a little kid, who just got yelled at by his parents for doing something wrong. It broke my heart into billions of pieces.
"Oh Alexander..." I whispered. My voice was thick, I was about to cry. He pulled me onto his lap and I cried and let out small noises.
"I don't like it either!" I shouted and stood up. I stumbled towards the ocean.
"Why do you do this to me, huh?!" I screamed out to the sky and the sunset. I stomped my feet like a five-year old.
"What did I ever do that made me deserve this pain!?" I screamed again and collapsed to my knees. I shook and shivered and whimpered and sobbed.
"Make it go away..." I whispered over and over again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander had carried me back to our blanket and held me. His arms wound themselves tightly around my as a protective shield of some sort. He kissed away my tears.
I looked into his eyes and spoke quietly.
"Let me live with you. I'll get all my stuff and I'll move out. I'm 18 and I can take care of myself."
His eyes brightened. His face held shock and happiness.
"Okay. We'll go now."
I stretched and got up. He grabbed the blanket and we walked to his car.
"Alexander, You know I love you right?"
"Yes. And I love you. Whats on your mind?"
"Something doesn't feel right about that house. I don't want you to park in front of it. Don't come in with me either. I'll get my stuff and go. Okay? It isn't safe for you to come in."
I ran inside my house after he parked on the corner. I have to hurry. No one can know I'm leaving or I'll get drug back under the wave of hate that flows through the house. No one hears the screams, the crying, the beating.
Time for that to change.
I yanked all my clothes of their hangers and folded them quickly and packed them into boxes.
Faster, Quicker.
I finished my room in about 7 minutes. I grabbed all my hygienic materials. Hurry, Hurry. I heard the front door open. Oh no, Oh no. I'm caught!
Alexander scurried up the stairs and into my room.
"Chill, it's just me. Lemme help."
"You were supposed to stay in the car!"
"It would have taken twice as long with twice the risk. Just be quiet and walk."
We shoved all my junk into his car. 8 boxes, 2 suitcases, 3 tote bags. I had lots of items.
We sped off in his car to his house. He owns his own house right on the beach. He had a good job, and he loved me and this would all be okay. I didn't have to worry anymore about coming home and being beaten until I couldn't see straight.
I was okay now...
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to do this really super fast for the first part at the library because it was gonna close in like 17 minutes as I started typing and shit so.. I had to borrow my cousin's card and go and be a little weirdo on the computer. :] There was this super cute guy there who was tall, he had on a black jacket (it looked like a windbreaker. either that or a northface jacket) and a white t-shirt. Converse, (my fave shoe EVER!) and baggy jeans. :]]] He had his hair cut super short and it was brown. I think he was like 6 ft tall.. Man I feel like a creep haha.
The second part I had to do at like 12:30 am. Im so tired but I have to get it out or I'll shoot myself in the foot. :]
By the way, its like 1:36 am and I'm about to fall asleep and im still away, typing away and jamming out. Oh i hate you my readers. :D