My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Doctor's Office

Tracy's POV

"It's 2." Zak said looking up from his phone. I sighed and looked down at my empty cup. That just ruined my mood and Zak's too. The air around us just seemed heavier. We both walked to the cashier and I stood behind him as he paid. The walk to the truck was silent. I felt nervous. I need to calm down.

"I could die for you." I blurted out.

"What?" Zak asked looking at me quickly before focusing on the road again.

"It's a song, I like to sing when I'm nervous, do you mind if I sing out loud?"

"Knock yourself out."

Something inside the cards
I know is right
Don't want to live
Somebody Else's life
This is what I want to be
And this is what I give to you
Because I get it free
She smiles while I do my time

I could die for you
Oh this life I choose

I'm here to be your only go between
To tell you of the sights
These eyes have seen
What I really want to do is
Turn it into motion
Beauty that I can't abuse
You know that I'd use my senses to
You can see that
It's only everywhere
I'd take it all and then
I'd find a way to share

Come along and go
Along with me
Wander with me Yo
It's all for free

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose

Come again and tell me
Where you want to go
What it means to me
To be with you alone
Close the door and
No one has to know
How we are

Come along and go
Along with me
Wander with me Yo
It's all for free

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose

Makes me wanna say

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose

I could die for you
What you wanna do
Oh this life I choose


By the time I finished singing we pulled up to the office. I just sat there for a second, I was about to get out but at the corner of my eye I noticed Zak gawking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You can sing?" He asked shocked.

"Yeah, anyone can sing." I said like I was talking to a little kid.

"No I mean you can really sing. Like you could be a- a... whatdya call it-"

"A singer?"

"Yeah!" I chuckled.

"We're going to miss our appointment." I pointed out but truthfully it didn't sound like a bad idea.

"I almost forgot, alright let’s go." We both got out of the truck and slowly walked towards the door, he opened it for me and I muttered thanks before going in.

Zak's POV

The inside was painted a light brown, the ground had carpet and a receptionist sat behind a dark brown desk with a phone at her ear. I have a feeling it was a personal call with how she was laughing. I cleared my throat to get her attention. At first she looked annoyed but as soon as she saw me she had a look of shock on her face.

"Oh my God, I got to go," she quickly hung up the phone.

"Hi I'm-"

"Zak Bagans, I know!" she squealed. "I'm a huge fan!"

"Oh, well nice to meet you." I said.

"Can I get a picture?"

"Sure." She grabbed a cell phone from her pocket and ran next to me. I smiled and put my arm around her.

"Oh my God, I have to show everyone this!" she squealed. Behind us Tracy cleared her throat. "Can I help you?" The receptionist asked with a slight attitude.

"Wow, okay you need to check yourself before I do it for you!" Tracy yelled. Crap! I've seen Tracy fight and this girl looked like she cries breaking a nail. I got to stop this quick.

"Excuse me who do you think you are?!"

"I think I'm the girl you don't wanna piss off." Tracy started to walk towards the girl and the girl tried to walk around me.

"Whoa! Calm down!" I yelled as I grabbed Tracy by her waist a picked her up.

"That's right hold the whore back!" The receptionist screamed. Now I was pissed.

"Let go of me so I can ripe her face off!"

"Don't bother; she's not worth your time."

"Excuse me?" She asked again with attitude.

"You heard me. If you say one more word to my daughter, even if it's goodbye and it sounds bitchy I'll get you fired faster than you could say 'Ghost Adventures'." She looked shocked so was Tracy I could tell by the way she calmed down.

"I-I didn't know she was your daughter," she stuttered.

"Yeah well now you do. Now as my daughter was trying to say before you gave her the attitude. We have an appointment, is the doctor ready to see us?"

"Y-Yes," She pointed to the door and I pushed Tracy towards it gently by her waist.

"Thanks," Tracy muttered.

"No problem," I answered. We walked into the office to find Dr. Parker sitting on a tan couch next to a bigger one in the same color. He was bald and had black rimmed glasses with a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. The walls were the same color as the waiting room. There was a huge painting above his head. It was white in the background and had black splashes. There were other weird art paintings along with a book shelf in the room.

"Are you Zak?" Dr. Parker asked as he stood to greet us.

"Yes, and this is my daughter Tracy." He shook ours hands and motioned for us to sit.

We sat next to each other on the long couch.

"So, why are you here?" Tracy didn't respond so I answered the question.

"Tracy's having nightmares." If you could call it that.

"Really?" He scribbled something on his clipboard. "What's different from this dream than any other nightmare?"

"Well she was screaming and crying in her sleep." I informed

"Oh, so like a night terror?"

"Yeah," I noticed that Tracy kept her eyes on one of the paintings, focusing on everything but us.

"So how long has this been going on?"

"Umm, I don't know."

"Last night was my first night at Zak's," Tracy answered, Dr. Parker looked confused.

"Tracy's adopted." I hated saying that for some reason. How can I feel so strongly about a girl I met last week?

"Oh, well that in itself can be very overwhelming. Tracy how long have you been in the system.

"Just 2 years." Just?

"Why do you say "just"?" Dr. Parker asked after writing on his clipboard again.

"It doesn't seem that long after I met kids who been there their whole life."

"So do these dream happened often?"

"Every time I move to a new home," Tracy muttered.

"Have you been adopted before?" Dr. Parker asked.

"No but I've been in 4 foster homes since my dad died." I looked at her, she showed no emotion, or hid it well.

"Your father died? How do you feel about that?"

"I don't know, people die, life moves on. You know, circle of life," she shrugged.

"And where's your mom?" Tracy's mask went away for a second; just a second there was pain, anger, sadness.

"She left when I was 5. That's all you need to know." She said very sternly.

"Okay let's move on. What are the dreams about?"

"I don't know, I can't remember them." Tracy looked truly confused. Dr. Parker wrote more things down.

"You really don't remember?" He asked. How can she not remember something so horrible? I don't think I'd ever forget something that made me scream that badly.

"No, Have you ever woke up and not remember a nightmare but only the feeling it gave you? That's what it is; I feel scared but don't know why."

"So tell me exactly what happened last night Zak."

"We were watching a movie and I guess she fell asleep because halfway through it, I heard crying and I looked over to see her sleeping."

"Was she talking?"

"Yeah," I sighed feeling uneasy.

"What were some of the things she was saying?"

"Um, 'stop' 'don't' 'I'm sorry', just begging someone not to do something but I don't know what." The whole thing gave me chills.

Tracy looked at the black and white painting; Dr. Parker looked back at it.

"Tracy what do you see?"

"Man," she whispered just enough for both of us to hear.

"A man?" The doctor asked.

"No, I mean not just one man, it's. I don't know. It's just one form on the painting but not just one man. Does that make sense?" She asked.

"Sure it does," Dr. Parker said as he wrote some more notes down.

"So what does this all mean? Why can't I remember all these dreams?" Tracy asked.

"Well from the way Zak describes it, something very traumatic happened to you and sometimes as a defense our minds will block out events like that so we don't drive ourselves crazy, so to speak with it but unfortunately the brain never blocks out the feelings of it just memories. This will explain why you feel scared when you wake but don’t remember the dream."

"So what do you suggest we do?" I asked.

"Well first I think we'd all like to know what these dreams are about. I think we should put her under hypnoses so she can take us in the dream, so to speak. So this time next week I will be prepared to do that." Wow our times up already?

"Ok, goodbye Dr. Parker." I shook his hand when I got up and so did Tracy. We left the office without a second glance from the receptionist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry RHCP was in my head. Ummm. Did you guys have a good Halloween? I Did! Comment!