My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Unwanted Daughter

What the hell?

“What are you doing in my room?” I asked shocked.

“Sorry I wanted to talk to you without that lady,” Zak answered.

“Ms. Whitman?”

“Yeah, she doesn’t seem to like you very much.”

“Yeah well I tend to speak my mind,” I muttered

“Yeah, literally,” he chuckled. I shot him another glare.

“Anyway, it ruins my chances of getting adopted every time,”

“How long have you been in here?” he asked.

“Two years,” I answered.

‘Wow,’ he mouthed.

“Can I ask you how you ended up here?” he asked.

“You can ask but I’m not going to answer you,” I smiled.

“I’m sorry,”

“You can ask Ms. Whitman all you want to know,”

“Yeah I can but I was hoping you’d tell me,” he answered.

“Yeah well I’m not,” I smiled again.

A knock on the door caught both our attentions.

“Mr. Bagans, I have another interview lined up for you,” Ms. Whitman smiled condescendingly. Well I guess that means I’m not getting adopted again.

“I’ll be right there.” When she left he looked back towards me. “Well it was nice meeting you,” he smiled and stuck out his hand.

“Yeah it was a real pleasure,” I answered sarcastically as I brushed past his hand. He chuckled as he shook his head and left.

Zak’s POV

“This is Grace…” As Ms. Whitman went on and on about the girl that was in front of me I just smiled and nodded like I was listening. Honestly I didn’t care about this girl my mind was stuck on Tracy. She was kind of weird, I liked that though. I’m weird too, I mean I’m 33 years old and I hunt things that some people say aren’t even real. I’ve made a career out of weird!

The girl in front of me looked about 14 she was a natural blond. Don’t see that too much here. Tracy had Hazel brown hair with blond streaks. That’s different, I like it. Wait the girl stopped talking, oh crap. Why are they smiling like idiots? I think she’s done.

“Well it was nice meeting you,” I said sticking my hand out.

“Yeah you too,” she answered taking my hand.

“So what’d you think?” Ms. Whitman asked once the door closed behind the girl.

“She’s very polite,” I answered. Truth is I wasn’t listening the last ten minutes she was talking.

Well there are more files here. Ms. Whitman took out a big stack of dark brown folders they were pretty thick.

“You can look through them if you haven’t decided yet.”

“Actually I have to get going,” I informed looking at my watch.

“Well take them home, I have copies,” she insisted.

“You sure?”

“Yeah,”

“Okay it was nice meeting with you,”

“Likewise,” she answered with a hand shake.
I took the folders and as soon as I walked out the door someone bumped into me hard, then I heard screaming.

“What the hell?” I looked up to see some girl with messy black hair running back towards Tracy who was wearing a big smile.

The black haired girl launched herself at Tracy, she grabbed onto Tracy’s hair and in return Tracy wrapped her arms around the girl’s waist and tossed her down only to be dragged down with her.

I stood there shocked as I got pushed aside by the workers.

Tracy was now on top of the other girl, I can hear the girl scream in pain as a fist connected with her face that’s as far as it got because a worker picked Tracy up. She kicked and clawed trying to get lose so she can attack the girl again. The other girl got picked up and as soon as she was back on her feet she ran towards Tracy again, they had each other’s hair in both their fist as the other side punched at each girls back, head, arm whatever their fists could connect with.

Another worker came and tried to drag the other girl away but they were locked onto each other and their hair filled fists weren’t letting go.

Ms. Whitman busted through her office door.

“Girls enough!” her voice boomed and everything went silent. The girls slowly looked up and let go of each other. “Bring the girls in my office now,” she said sternly. I moved out of the way as the workers walked the girls in the office then closed the door. I wonder what that was about.

Tracy’s POV

“Three weeks cleaning duty-“

“What I didn’t even start it!” I screamed.

“She deserved it! Plus she made my lip bleed!” Kelly yelled.

“I said I didn’t start it but I sure as hell finished it,” I smirked.

“I don’t care who started it and why, both of you are on cleaning duty and no rec time for the next two days.” We were both about to protest but she threw her hand up to stop us. “Escort them to their rooms please."

With that there was a firm hand on each of our arms they dragged us back to our rooms.

I brushed passed that Zak guy. If he was even thinking about adopting me before it got thrown out the window when he saw me fighting. Whatever he’s not the first to not want me as their daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope I did a good job at explaining the fight.