My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Return

Tracy’s POV

It was getting dark, yeah I had been gone for hours. I was freezing because I didn’t think to grab a jacket when I took off.

How could I be so stupid?

I was scared, tired, cold, and alone. For the first time in a week I was alone and I hated it; I thought I was done feeling like this but apparently not. I wanted to go home and drink coffee on the couch with Zak. I didn’t care how mad he’d be, I’d rather have the yelling then the silence that surrounded me now. Even if he was being a jerk I forgave him already.

In summary; I wanted to go home.

Digging into my pocket I grabbed my cell.

It rang a few times before someone answered

“Hello?” a male voice sounded tired and worried; I couldn’t help but wonder if it was because of me.

“Hey,” my voice cracked a little. “Can you come get me?”

Zak’s POV

7 Hours Before

I started to freak out as soon as I realized I didn’t know where she was, I grabbed my phone and called her but she kept ignoring my calls; oh great what do I do now?

I called Nick next.

“Hello?”

“Nick, Tracy’s gone,” I blurted out.

“What?”

“We got into a little argument,” if you could call it that. “And she took off. Come over and help me find her please?” I begged.

“We’ll be right there,” he hung up and I called Aaron saying the same thing.

I sat on the couch waiting for my best friends; I was in a complete daze, so out of it I didn’t notice Kevin and the guys leave, so out of it I didn’t notice all the missed calls from unimportant people, and so out of it I didn’t notice my friends walk in until Nick snapped his fingers in front of my face.

“What happened?” Kris asked once I finally looked up at them.

I explained the whole story.

“And she just walked off?” Aaron asked; I just nodded.

“I’m going to try calling her,” Kris said while grabbing her cell.

“I already tried but go ahead,” I said. “Guys I don’t know what to do,” I looked up at them.

“I know man, but we are here to help,” Aaron put a hand on my shoulder.

Tracy, I just want you to come home.

Nick’s POV

7 Hours Later


“Can you come get me?” I looked over at Zak who was on the phone.

“Of course, where are you?” I got up and started to look for my keys.

“On 4Th Street inside of the Circle K, it’s across the street from the old movie theater,” she explained; I knew where she was.

“I’ll be right there,” I said once I found my keys on the counter.

“Uncle Nick?”

“Yeah?” I paused waiting for her to speak.

“Don’t tell Zak where I am.”

“But he’s worried sick,” I whispered this to her.

“Please just… wait. I don’t want him to know yet,” she begged.

“OK, I’m going to go get you now, bye.”

“Bye,” I hung up and grabbed my coat.

“What do you mean she’s not a missing person?!” I heard Zak yell into the phone, he was talking to the police. “She’s been gone for seven hours!” He waited a moment because the person on the other line was talking. “48 hours? 48 hours?! Do you know what can happen by then?” Another pause. “No I’m sorry!” He hung up and threw the house phone across the room.

Everyone fell silent as it collided with the wall causing it to fall to the floor in pieces he then sat down and put his head in his hands.

“We’ll find her,” Kris said and rubbed one of his shoulders.

“Yeah we will,” Aaron said getting off of the phone.

“I’m going to try looking again,” I said and everyone looked up at me. “I’ll be back later,” I said and they nodded before I left.

Tracy’s POV

I stared down at the cup of coffee in my hands that I had bought inside. I was sitting on the curb outside waiting for Nick. All of a suddenly headlights blinded me and a honk startled me; I stood up and blocked the light from my eyes so I could see Nick’s skinny figure in the driver’s side.

“Get in,” he yelled sticking his head out the window.

Rushing to the side of the truck I hopped in and he started on the way back to Zak’s.

Keeping my head down in shame my stomach turned in knots.

“What, why… do- do you.. even- What.” Nick stuttered too angry to even spit out the sentence. After a moment he sighed gathering his thoughts.

“What were you thinking?” He asked taking a quick glance towards me.

“I wasn’t,” I whispered.

I was trying to keep calm; I hate when men yell, worse I hate when men yell at me. When certain men yell bad things happen but I’m going to keep calm because I know Nick isn’t like those other men.

“Damn well you weren’t. Zak’s going insane with worry!” I instantly felt guilty. “Just explain, why did you run off?” He looked towards me again.

“Zak kept talking about how’s he’s my dad and I just got mad.”

“He is your dad.”

“No, he’s not. I had a dad and he took care of me for 14 years. He was the best dad anyone could ask for. Zak has been in my life a week and he expects to get the title just like that? My trust and love is something you got to earn not buy, until he could understand that he’s not my dad.” I explained.

I heard Nick sigh beside me.

“He’s trying Tracy, he really is,” he answered just as we pulled into the driveway.

I stared at the house a moment before stepping out of the truck.

I followed behind Nick after tossing my coffee into the trash. My heart pounded in my ears out of fear but my stomach was filled with excitement for finally being home after all this time.

“Hey Zak,” Nick called once he stepped in.

I took a moment before walking in with my head down. Everyone fell silent and I finally looked up.

I didn’t know what was to come but I was petrified.
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers! i have a bone to pick with you... I rarely get comments for this story anymore...

What up with that?!

I'm lucky to get one comment an update anymore and I'm upset!
I want more Mibba! I'm not one to ask but I am asking... so yeah!

-A very upset Neche