My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Runaway Part 2

Zak's POV

Did she just say “Dad”? Dad? Dad. The word rang in my ears over and over. I heard her right, didn’t I?

“Tracy?” I called and she turned back towards me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk.

“Did you just say “Dad”?” I had to be sure. Maybe I’m just hearing what I want to…

“Yeah, your my dad ain’t chya?” Slowly the biggest smile made its way onto my lips. It got so big it hurt to keep it but it still didn’t falter.

I didn’t say anything, just rushed to embrace Tracy into my arms. She squealed when I squeezed her in a bone crushing hug. Her feet were nowhere near the ground as I spun her around in a circle. She giggled once I placed her down.

“Are you alright?” She teased and I just smiled at her.

“I’m not just alright, I’m fantastic.” She smiled at me.

Tracy’s POV

“Hey Tracey?” Zak, my dad called from the other room.

“Yeah Dad?” I looked up to see him peek his head into my room with a grin playing on his lips.

“Nothing,” he shrugged before leaving.

“Ugh!” I threw the pillow over my head.

Even though I was annoyed there was still a trace of a smile on my lips.

He’s been doing that all day, he’d call me just to hear me say; “yeah dad” then he’d say “nothing” or “never mind”.

If I would have known he’d be so annoying I never would have called him “dad” in the first place.

That was a lie, it was cute seeing how excited he got just hearing me say “dad”.

“Tracy!”

“Ugh! What?!” I yelled getting up and walking to the living room.

I walked in to see two police officers and a very smug Ms. Whitman standing in the living room across from Zak.

“What the hell’s going on?” I asked.

Zak had his arms crossed and brows furrowed together looking just as confused as I felt.

“We got a call yesterday reporting you as a runaway,” one of the officers spoke.

“What?!” Zak yelled eyes widening.

Oh no, he must have called for help not knowing this would’ve happened.

The other officer; the one who hadn’t spoken took out his handcuffs.

Crap, crap, crap!

“What the hell are you doing?” Zak asked.

It was no use; I already knew there was no way around this. I’ve seen how fucked up the law could be; there’s no such thing as justice; as long as someone pays for the crime.

Taking a deep breath I put my hands behind my back before the pig could yell at me to.

“No she’s not a runaway! She’s right here!” Zak protested stopping the cop by putting his hands on his chest.

“Sir, don’t lay your hands on an officer or I will arrest you.”

“Dad, leave it, they won’t listen,” I said pulling Zak back from the cops.

“Did you or didn’t you call the cops yesterday reporting Tracy as missing?” Ms. Whitman smiled with her arms crossed.

“Yes missing not a runaway.

“With Tracy’s track record there’s no doubt she ran away.” If the cops weren’t between us I’d wipe that smirk off her ugly face.

I sneered at her as the cops slapped the cuffs against my skin.

“You can’t take my daughter!” Zak protested.

I put my head down knowing it was useless. The cop started to walk me out and we reached the car. He pressed my head down as he pushed me into the back of the car. I looked out the window to see Zak’s distressed face; Ms. Whitman still stood with the smug smile beside him and the other officer stood talking to him.

I wonder what he’s saying.

Zak’s POV

“You can’t take my daughter,” I repeated to the cop that didn’t hand cuff my baby. [AN: I don’t know how I feel about Zak calling her “baby”. Do you like or hate?]

“Listen man, I have a daughter too. I know this is hard. The best thing you could do is get a lawyer, right now and he could talk to her as soon as she’s in there. This should be straightened out soon.” He explained giving me some advice.

“I’m afraid it won’t be that simple,” Ms. Whitman piped up from beside me.

I swear if I were a chick I’d punch her; luckily my mom raised me better, I don’t hit women.

“What the hell do you mean?” I hissed turning towards the women; arms crossed.

“Today was the checkup; your last one to determine if Tracy was alright here. Now that this has happened…” Her voice trailed off and I furrowed my brows still confused.

“What?” I pressed.

“I’m afraid the adoption agency is going to have to take her back after she gets out of juvenile.”

I think the world around me just crashed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, don’t hate me… I didn’t expect this to happen. You are all writers; sometimes the story writes itself and this wrote itself in there. I am so sorry. I feel just as bad playing with Tracy and Zak’s lives like this XD.

Now an important question; would you readers be interested in asking my character’s questions?

Like a press conference type thing? Any of my characters; it could be my made up one or the GAC team. If you check the character page there is some character’s you haven’t been introduced to yet, you could ask them who they are and I’ll they’ll tell you honestly.

Would you like that?

Hopefully yes.

Like leave a comment with your question and then I’d gather all of them up and write a journal with their responses. You can leave as many questions as you like for any characters, just be sure and tell me who they are for.

Sound cool? Cool.
-Neche
Also did you know this has 7 stars now! WTF? I LOVE YOU ALL!