My New Dad Hunts Ghost

I'm Not Insane, I'm Not Insaaane

Zak’s POV

“Remove all metal objects, your wallet, cell phones and place them in this locker.” The officer at the front explained.

I did as I was told before stepping through the metal detector, when it didn’t beep the officer said I could go on. Sighing I quickly walked to the visitation room.

Some people looked up at me and others ignored my entrance knowing that I wasn’t more important than visitation.

“Who are you here for?” A female guard asked.

“Tracy… Summers,” I finally blurted out the last part.

I have to admit her last name bothered me slightly. With a nod the bulky woman left into a room attached to this one before returning with me daughter.

I smiled despite the circumstances and she returned it. The lady walked back to standing by the wall and Tracy walked up to me. I embraced her into a tight hug once she was close enough and she hugged me back with just as much power.

We stayed like that for a moment just soaking up each other’s scents. After a while though I slowly peeled away and she sat across from me. I followed suite and smiled taking in her appearance.

She looked different; she had no make-up on, her normally straight hair was wavy at the ends, and her piercing was gone. Instead of the stud that normally sat at the edge of her bottom lip I saw a mark of what looked like a hole.

“Your piercings gone,” I pointed out.

“Yeah,” she sighed in annoyance. “It’s probably closed up already.” She licked over the place where it used to be.

“When you get out we can get it redone.” I smiled warmly when I seen the excitement in her eyes.

“Really?” I nod chuckling at her.

Soon her face changes though and she slumps a little in her plastic chair.

“What’s wrong?”

“I can only get it done if I go back home with you,” she mumbles sadly.

I sigh as my brows furrowed together; I must look angry because I guard throws me a worried glaze.

“Tracy,” I speak softly and after a moment she looks up at me. “I promise I am going to do everything in my power to bring you home.” This must give her piece of mind because she smiles at this and relaxes in her seat.

“So…” I start thinking of another subject. “What did you think of the lawyer?” She chuckles at my expression finding something amusing about it.

“I think she’s really nice,” she nods and I smile. “And pretty,” she smirks. I lift and eyebrow at her.

“What does that mean?” I question.

“Pretty? It means, attractive, beautiful, cute, good-looking, appealing-“

“I know what pretty means,” I chuckled. “I mean why did you point it out?”

Tracy shrugged her shoulders.

“You didn’t notice?”

“I noticed b-“

“So you did notice.”

“Yes, what does that have to do with anything?”

“Did you flirt with her?”

“No,” I scoffed.

“Liar,” Tracy accused.

“What makes you say that?”

“Because Dad, I’ve seen enough of you interviewing girls on the show to know you flirt with everyone. Girls I mean.” I rolled my eyes before laughing.

“Whatever.”

“You sound like a teenage girl,” Tracy muttered.

“Do not!” Ok that sounded teenage girlish.

Tracy just chuckled at me shaking her head. We remained in silence for a moment before Tracy broke it.

“I want a dog,” she blurted out and I raised an eyebrow.

“That was random.”

“Sorry,” she sunk into her seat.

“We’ll get a dog when you come home,” I smiled.

“Really?” A grin reached her ears and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Yeah really, I have wanted to get a dog.”

“What happened?”

“I got a kid instead,” I chuckled and Tracy playfully glared at me.

“Hey Zak?” Tracy turned serious.

“Yeah?”

“Why did you decide to adopt?” I wasn’t expecting that question.

Tracy’s POV

He looked at me for a moment before finally speaking.

“Back in 08, in the 2nd season of the show; we investigated this place called Preston Castle. Basically it was a place for criminals and orphans mixed. All boys and I just remember thinking; ‘Wow, you think they would have turned out differently if they just had a family, someone to love them, a home?’ At that moment I knew I wanted to at least help one child.” I smiled as I listened to him explain.

“Can I ask you another question?”

“Yeah,” he answered.

“Why’d you pick me?” I don’t know why I’m asking these now but I just am.

“Tracy, I looked through dozens of files before picking you and you know what I thought?”

“What?” I sat on the edge of the hard plastic seat awaiting my answer.

“This girl is so horrible no sane person would ever pick her.” My mouth hung open as I glared at him.

“You’re mean,” I pouted as I crossed my arms and sunk back into my seat.

Zak chucked at my response and I turned serious again.

“You know what Zak?”

“What?”

“I’m glad you’re insane.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Click this
^WTF?! XD

Anyway, I still need more questions for that press conference thing so you should ask me more!
And comment...
-Neche