My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Sick

Zak’s POV

My eyes shot open at the sound of loud groaning then someone running.

“What the hell?” I muttered to myself as I slowly got out of bed.

I walked to the hall to see Tracy’s bedroom door open and her bathroom one locked.

“Tracy?” I called knocking on the door. “Are you alright?” After a moment of no answer I heard the toilet flushing then the water faucet on.

The door slowly opened and I held back a gasp. Tracy looked horrible, sweat formed on her hair line but she was shivering, her normally tan skin was paler, and there were bags under her eyes.

“I’m sick,” she grumbled sadly.

Tracy’s POV

“Can you take me to the store?” I asked as he followed me back to my room.

“No,” I looked up shocked.

“Wha-“

“I’ll go for you, you can’t go out all sick,” he looked at me sadly.

I smile sadly at him, I wouldn’t make him go.

“You can’t,” I muttered uncomfortable.

“Yes I can,” He chuckled while motioning for me to lay down, I did so. “I’m 33 years old I think I can handle getting some medicine.” He pulled the covers over me after I lay back down.

“I know that, but…” I trailed off.

“But what?” Zak sighed.

“I need tampons too.”

Zak’s POV

“Can I help you sir?” I looked over at the girl and felt my cheeks heat up.

“Um… I- I ne- Ca-“ I took a deep breath.

Maybe I should’ve just let Tracy come…

“Sir?” My eyes widen slightly because I hadn’t spoken yet.

“Umm,” I tried starting again.

“Zak?” I turned to see Nech standing behind me with a little Walgreen’s basket hanging on her arm.

I notice the girl who tried to help me leave.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“Are you alright? You seem a little…” She paused looking for the right word.

“Scared shitless?” I guessed and she nodded with a chuckle.

“I am,” I admitted.

“What’s wrong?” Her brow creased in worry.

“Tracy’s sick.”

“Oh, do you need help picking a medicine or something?” She offered.

“No I can get medicine it’s just…” I trailed off.

“Just… what?”

“She’s on her period too,” I muttered.

Nech made an ‘O’ shape with her mouth before chuckling.

“Come on,” she motioned for me to follow her.

I did as she said and she started to lead me down an aisle I’ve never been to before. I looked at the shelves and realized I was in the female products aisle.

I felt my cheeks heat up again as I stared at the ground.

“Aw he’s blushing…” Nech chuckled and I grumbled annoyed.

“Well you adopted a teenage daughter you had to see this coming!” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Not really, I didn’t expect her to be too sick to come to the store…” Nech shook her head at me.

“Did she tell you want kind she wears?” I looked down at my hand and noticed the marker smeared from my sweat.

“Um… can you read this?” I smiled sheepishly before showing her my palm.

She grabbed my hand to pull it closer and turned it slightly while narrowing her eyes.

“Ah!” She exclaimed before looking at the shelves again.

“This one,” she pushed the box in my hands.

“Thanks,” I sighed.

“Now come on, we still got some more stuff to get.” I looked at her confused.

“What?”

“Just follow me.” She sighed and I listened.

She led me into the aisle with all the medicines.

“What does she have?”

“Just a little cold; stuffy nose, sweaty but cold, headache, and sore throat.” She nodded before looking down the line quickly and tossing things at me.

My hands soon got full and I had to tell her to slow down. She looked over at me and shook her head before sighing.

“Here put them in here,” she ordered shoving her basket at me.

I did so and carried the basket. I looked over everything she gave me; some type of couch medicine, one of those nostril sprays, Vicks, and aspirin.

“And last but certainly not least…” She tossed me a box and I caught it.

“Midol.” I said looking back up at her with a grateful smile.

“Girl’s best friend.” She smiled before walking off.

I already knew to follow her. When I found her again we were in the candy aisle.

“What are we doing here?”

“Chocolate is a girl’s second best friend once a month.” She answered not looking at me.

She began tossing things at me again; a bag of kisses, huge candy bars, Twix, basically anything containing chocolate was thrown in.

“I think that’s enough,” I chuckled.

“You think.” She rolled her eyes but didn’t protest. “That’s it.” She smiled at me before leading me to the checkout line. She looked through the basket and took out her things.

“Thank you again.” I smiled and she returned it.

“No problem, I understand how hard it is for guys with this kind of stuff.”

“Really? How?” She chuckled before answering.

“I grew up with older brothers so…” She trailed off and I nodded understandingly.

“Seriously how can I ever repay you?” She chuckled.

“Zak its fine,” She assured.

“Let me take you out to dinner.” I tried and her eyes grew wide before she smiled sadly.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Zak I’m your lawyer.”

“No, not like th-“ I smiled sheepishly before starting again. “Have dinner with me and Tracy.” I said.

She thought it over as she chewed on her bottom lip.

“Tracy would love to have you over as soon as she’s well,” I tried and she sighed before nodding.

Tracy’s POV

“I’m back,” I heard from the living room and I jumped up and rushed to Zak as fast as I could.

As soon as he set down the bags he handed me a box and I rushed to the bathroom. I finished and returned to the living room. I looked at the table to see that Zak had bought me more than I had expected. There were bags of chocolate and I couldn’t help but smile up at him.

“You’re so sweet!” I exclaimed as I started to cry.

“What’s wrong?” He sounded alarmed.

“I’m just so sad that I’m all sick and am probably going to torture you all day!”

“No you won’t its fine…”

“Really?” I sniffled?

“Yes really,” he assured.

“Ahh! You’re the best dad ever,” I jumped into his arms hugging him and soon let go.

“So I thought we’d lie around and watch a movie?” I nodded and he motioned for me to sit.

I quickly ran to my bedroom to grab a blanket before returning and sitting down on the couch.

Today might be bearable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok i wrote this because I was sick all week and no one took care of me DX so i felt like toturing Zak XD.

Explains why Tracys super modd swingy at the end ;)

This is dedicated to Katie because 1: Zak replied o her on twitter and commented on a pic she drew, 2: she listened to me complain about being sick XD, and 3: she listened to me obbsess over Bob Jason and the superbowl XD

Comment and everything
-Neche