My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Date

Tracy’s POV

“So how’s school?” Kevin asked as we walked away from the food court and I chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” He looked over at me with a raised eyebrow and I shrugged.

Kevin’s POV

“It’s just that my dad was so dead set on my hanging out with you that I figured you’d have better moves then asking how my homeschooling is going.” She laughed and I smirked.

“How do you even know if I was even putting moves on you or not?” She rolled her eyes at me.

“Yeah you’re not putting any moves on me; that’s why you offered to ditch your friends to hang out alone with me right?” She smirked and I chuckled.

“Maybe I didn’t want to see a movie,” I defended.

“Yeah sure,” she mumbled before pulling me into a store to look around.

I noticed once we were inside that it was a bookstore.

“You looking for something?” I asked and she shrugged.

“No I just like looking around,” I chuckled while shaking my head.

She stopped and took a book from its place and looked through the table of contents. I recognized the book instantly.

“What are you smiling at?” I shook my head.

“I like that book, that’s all,” I shrugged and she rose an eyebrow at me.

“You know this book? You actually read?” I was slightly offended but not much to get pissed just cocky.

“Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.”


By the time I had finished the first half her mouth was hanging open in shock. I smiled smugly before leaning over to whisper in her ear.

“Close your mouth Sweetheart, before I put something in it,” I pulled away smirking as she snapped it shut and glared playfully at me.

“Big deal you know EAP; so does half of the planet,” she scoffed before walking out of the store.

“Don’t act like I didn’t impress you,” I joked and she rolled her eyes.

I became serious again.

“Come on,” I tugged her a different direction and she looked confused.

“Where are we going?”

“To get some ice cream,” I led the way and she stopped just outside of the shop.

“I’m not going to run into another one of your fangirls am I?” I laughed.

“No,” I smiled before pulling her again.

“Promise?” I bit my lip.

“Well…” she yanked her hand away and hit my arm.

“I’m kidding,” I smiled and she eyed me cautiously. “Scouts honor I don’t know anyone in here,” I held up two fingers.

“Were you really in the scouts?” She cocked a brow before following me.

“Naw but it worked didn’t it,” she huffed as I chuckled.

“Jerk,” she muttered.

“What do you want?”

“No I can get my own,” she argued nicely and I shook my head.

“What can of man would I be if I let a girl pay on a date,” I sighed while shaking my head.

“Date?” she scoffed and I rose a brow at her. “Who gave you permission to date me?” she asked smugly and I chuckled.

“Don’t act like you don’t want this,” I motioned to myself.

“Yeah… whatever,” she flipped her hair like one of those fake Barbie’s and I flinched causing her to look at me weird.

“Don’t do that,” I said.

“What’s wrong? Valley girls aren’t your type?” She chuckled and I grimaced.

“You have no idea,” I shuddered.

She laughed.

“You actually dated a valley girl?” I nodded with a sour face and she shook her head while chuckling.

I noticed the line getting smaller and I looked over at her

“What do you want?” I repeated and she sighed.

“Cup of Oreos and cream ice cream,” I nodded and stepped up ordering both of our treats.

Once we had it we took a seat on the outside bench. Suddenly the mood around us changed; before it was playfully and now it was thick and silent. I didn’t understand why.

“Tracy, are you alright?” She bit her lip while pushing around her ice cream.

“Kevin,” she looked up at me and I nodded for her to continue. “I’m scared of my dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hope this was good.

I love Kevin, hope this gave you an insight on him. He's like a normal preverted guy but has a nice and smart side to him. In case you somehow live in a rock and dont know what he was reciting it was "A Dream Within A Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe.

Good and bad day today so i guess it was alright xD maybe ill rant next time, too tired now :P
Comment.
-Neche