My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Truth

Tracy’s POV

I waved to Claire from my spot by my door and watched her drive away before opening it. I walked inside to see the living room empty… okay. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I heard a crash from the kitchen and my eyes widened as I made my way to it.

“Son of a bitch!” Zak cursed and I jumped slightly at how mad he sounded.

His jaw was set tight and he glared down at the glass on the ground before I cleared my throat. This is too much like my dream.

He snapped his head to me and I flinched back scared.

“Oh, hey Princess,” he smiled as his features softened and I couldn’t hold my smile back.

I had nothing to worry about.

“What happened?” I chuckled and he shrugged.

“Just dropped a glass when I was trying to get something to drink.” He walked away and returned with a broom and started to clean his mess.

“How was the mall?” I smiled thinking of Kevin and mines “date”.

“Pretty fun,” I shrugged.

“What’d you do?” He asked as he threw away the shards.

“Hung out, got some ice cream,” I shrugged again. “Nothing special,” he nodded and put the broom back away.

“Dad, can I talk to you about something?” I bit my lip and winced because it was still sore.

“Sure,” he smiled and sat at the couch.

I slowly made my way over and sat beside him while looking ahead of me.

“What’s on your mind?” I looked over at him before sighing and closing my eyes.

“Remember that nightmare I had the other day?” I kept my eyes shut but I felt him shift beside me.

“Yeah…”

“It was about you,” I finally opened my eyes to look over and see him staring at me confused. “I had a dream you got possessed again and were screaming at me…” I blinked back some tears at the thought of the dream and worry crossed his features.

“I knew I shouldn’t have let you see the video,” he whispered to himself but I heard.

“I’ve been scared of you ever since,” I admitted and tears fell.

He looked like he wanted to wipe them away but stopped himself. I guess because he knew I was scared of him. I felt ashamed of myself but I couldn’t help it.

“I’m sorry,” he shook his head.

“No it’s alright…” he sighed and looked around the room for the answer. “I can’t make you a promise that that won’t happen again… It’s very possible with this job,” I cried some more.

That’s not what I wanted to hear.

“I know you don’t want to hear that but it’s true. But I can promise that I would never intentionally hurt you and will do my best to stay safe and not put myself in a position to be possessed again.” I thought his words over and nodded slowly.

“I’m sorry,” I tried again and he shrugged.

“Its fine,” he smiled sadly and I couldn’t stop myself; I reached over and pulled him into a hug.

He took a moment before slowly hugging me back tightly. I cried a few more tears before he shushed me.

“Don’t cry, it’s alright,” he said again.

“I love you dad and I don’t want to be scared,” I said.

“I know, we’ll get through this,” he reasoned and I nodded.

We would get through this; God knows we’ve been through worse in such a short amount of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
>.> I don’t know how I feel about this chapter; I like it but don’t at the same time.

I feel like this story is moving too slow but too fast at the same time. xD I have a lot in store for this story so I want to get through it but I feel like there isn’t enough breaks between the drama you know?

I think I’m going to pause my other stories for a few days and work on this and its sequel. I really want it to keep progressing nicely and smooth ya know?

I don’t know; what do you think?

Is it moving to slow? Too fast? Is it just right? Tell me!
Comment
-Neche