My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Choice Part 1

Tracy’s POV

5 Days later


Betty was finally back after 4 days of being upset over Zak finally telling her she won’t be my mom. I was hoping they’d break up but no such luck.

Zak was happy she was back so I’ll deal with her I guess. Before she was bearable but now she’s a downright bitch to me. Before she was annoying but now she seemed to hate me. What the fuck did I do?

She acted like a brat too, always wanting Zak’s attention and he gave it to her. I confronted him about it but he said it was because it was hard on her when he said he didn’t want me to be hers and she would go back to normal soon.

Now it didn’t bother me that much but today is the day I really need my dad.

It was one of those days.

If you ever lost someone close to you then you know what I mean. Some days I wake up just missing my dad. My birth dad. Sometimes I just have those days. I wake up and just miss him; nothing triggers it or sets it off. I don’t run across a picture like they do in the movies. No instead I just feel sad and upset that he’s not here.

Those are the days I really need someone but Betty had my dad on a leash and currently they were at the mall. Does she really need more clothes?!

I went to the living room to watch some TV but all I came across were depressing Lifetime movies. Why does the dad always die in movies?

Finally giving up I changed it to cartoons and grabbed my cell. I pulled my dad’s old hoodie tighter around me and dialed Zak’s number. As I waited the smell of the old clothes hit my nose and a silent tear rolled down my eye.

“Hello?” Zak asked but by the time he answered I was sobbing.

“D-Daddy?” I hiccup.

“Princess what’s wrong?”

“C-Can you co-me h-home? I n-need you,” I said.

“Yeah I’ll be right there,” he hung up quickly and I cried as I waited.

Zak’s POV

I rushed inside with Betty slowly trailing complaining about me not getting her stuff down. I ignored her only worried about Tracy. I opened the door and found her crying on the couch. I raced to her and hugged her quickly.

“What’s wrong Princess?” I asked worriedly.

“I-I miss h-him.” She cried and I placed her on my lap as I rocked her back and forth.

I rubbed her back and noted the large hoodie she was wearing. Must be her birth dads. I just sat there comforting her and whispering sweet words in her ear.

Betty walked in and wore a sneer.

“What the hell is she crying about?” She scoffed and I glared at her.

“Not now Betty,” I sighed.

“Whatever,” she huffed walking off but not before turning and throwing a silent insult; I think she said “big baby” but I ignored her.

After a few more minutes Tracy fell asleep in my arms. I stood and carried her to her bedroom before shutting her door to confront Betty.

“What is your problem?” I sighed as I walked into the kitchen where she was sorting out her clothes.

“My problem?!” She roared and I shushed her.

“Keep your voice down,” I whisper-yelled.

“She’s sixteen not 2!” I shook my head.

“She’s still sleeping. What is wrong with you?”

“She is!” I was taken aback. “She has all of your attention! She’s not a baby and I’m your girlfriend!”

“First of all; she’s my baby and secondly you have all of my attention not her! I haven’t had time alone with her since you got here!” I shouted letting my anger control my logic and forgetting someone was sleeping.

“Whatever!” she yelled back. “God Zak I should be getting your attention! I haven’t seen you in months! You know what? I’m not putting up with this! You need to choose; me or her?!”

Is she serious?

Tracy’s POV

I heard yelling and got up. I don’t even think I slept long. I walked into the hall and peeked out the side to hear what was going on.

“You need to choose; me or her?!” Did I just hear that right?

I collapsed in my spot and stared blankly at the wall. My mouth hung open as I feared the worse. People have fought over me before. I remember when I was younger my mom and dad would fight over the same thing. That’s another reason my mom left; she wasn’t getting all of his attention.

Silently tears ran down my face as I noticed Zak not answering; would he choose her and take me back?

“I’m leaving, I’ll be back in tomorrow to find out who you pick,” Betty stormed off not noticing me and I rushed back to my room.

I heard Zak open the door and I pretended to be asleep.

Who will he pick?
♠ ♠ ♠
:O intense…

BTW: the whole “just one of those days” things is based off of some days I have randomly over my dad :/ So yeah… I try to give my stories a realistic element by basing a lot of things on my own life…

Yeah…

More randomness; I am dyiong to write a Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the 3rd story... bcuz, well bcuz i re-discovered my love of Fall Out Boy and Pete recently. I used to be as obbessed with them as I am with Zak; I used to know like... everything about them but now I don't know shit xD.
I think I'm gona write one tho :3

Comment! Who will he pick?!
-Neche