My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Good Apple

Tracy's POV

"So where were you before this?"

"When is your birthday?"

"What kind of music do you like?"

"Did you have any siblings?"

"What's your favorite color?"

"Have you ever seen our show?"

All the questions flew at me so fast I didn't really know who was asking them.

"Guys, guys calm down." Zak finally spoke up.

"No it's fine, the orphanage, April 10th, anything really I love every kind of music as long as it's good, I was an only child, purple, and once but only because some chick got to choose what show we got to watch that day." I'm surprised I could remember everything they asked.

"Well here's the most important question," Nick said. "Do you believe in ghost?" The whole table looked at me more intensely then before. It made me nervous.

"No." Everyone looked at each other; Zak was the only one who smirked at me.

"Well we got a little skeptic on our hands. It's alright I used to be one too." Zak smiled. I just smiled back.

Zak's POV

"I'm going to get a little fresh air." Tracy announced after we ate and ordered desert.

"Ok, be careful." I wasn't sure what to say.

"I'll join you," Kris said right when Tracy got up.

"Ok, cool." They both walked out together.

"So how is it?" Nick asked. I was still watching them leave but the question made my head snap back.

"How's what?" I asked confused.

"Fatherhood!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Oh, I don't know yet, today's my first day ask me in a week or two."

"I can't believe you got a teenager daughter."

"I know, teenagers are impossible man. And worse you have a girl. I mean there is so much going on with them like, PMS-"

"Aaron," I tried to interrupt.

"...and their body changing-"

"Aaron,"

"...not to mention boys-"

"Aaron!" It was Nick this time. "I think Zak is freaking out now, thank you."

"Oh sorry," Aaron whispered.

"It’s alright," I sighed. I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

Tracy's POV

Kris and I went outside, I don't know why she came but I came to breathe. All the questions, and stares, and attention was too much to handle on my first night. I found a bench and sat down burying my head in my hands. I felt Kris sit next to me.

"You alright?" Kris asked while placing her hand softly on the back. I took a deep breath and sat up straight before I answered.

"Yeah I'm just- just." I took another breath. "I don't know."

"Why don't you know?"

"This whole thing is confusing, he bought me new clothes and all this stuff I've never had before and he's nice and-and- I don't know." I groaned. Kris chuckled softly beside me. I looked at her.

"You don't trust many people do you?" She guessed.

"That's not it, it's just." I shook my head. "I've seen enough of what a man can be to trust what they're pretending to be."

"I'm going to tell you what my mom told me when I found out for the second time my boyfriend was cheating, she said 'just because there's a few bad apples doesn't mean the whole tree is bad."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means just because a lot of men hurt you, doesn't mean they all will."

"Do you believe her?"

"Well after I started dating again I met Nick and never looked back." I smiled at her story then I stopped.

"Yeah well I'd rather take being cheated on then what those men did to me."

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to you or how you feel but I do know one thing, Zak is a good person. Despite what you think he won't hurt you. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call me." She handed me a piece of paper with her name and number on it. "I'll leave you with your thoughts."

I watched her walk away; suddenly I felt cold and lonely in the dark night. I really wished she didn't leave me with my thoughts all I had was painful memories and questions. My mind was the last thing I wished to be left alone with.

Zak's POV

I saw Kris walk in but Tracy wasn't behind her.

"Where is she?" I asked alarmed.

"She's still outside, don't worry," she smiled as she sat down. Just then the waiter came by with the desert, after he put all of it down I told them I was going to tell Tracy her ice cream was here.

I raced away from the table before I could hear them answer. The icy cold air hit my face as I opened the door. It's too cold for spring. I found Tracy on a bench with her head in her hands and elbows resting on her knees.

"You alright?" I must have startled her because she shot up quickly.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"Sorry to interrupt but the deserts are on the table." She got up silently and walked inside, I followed her. The rest of the night Tracy just stared at her ice cream, barely touching it. Once in a while she would lift her head and smile whenever someone made a joke to show she was listening. She seemed deep in thought about something and I was curious as to what but I wouldn't push her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?