My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Panic

Neche’s POV
This is so weird, I shouldn’t be doing this. Why did this family matter to me so much?

These are the questions that raced through my mind as I readied my home for Tracy. I believed Zak when he told me what happened, he didn’t need to convince me. I was a firm believer in the paranormal. Always have been, I think it’s a culture thing. Native American hear lots of stories they see as facts. Why can’t a human live on after death; it almost seemed logical.

A knock on my door caused my dog to bark and cat to run. I swear anything makes them jump.

I dropped the blanket down decided the bed was made enough before making my way to the door. The doorbell went off this time.

“Coming!” I yelled to shut them up.

I opened to a nervous looking father and daughter.

“Come in,” I offered a comforting smile but it wasn’t helping.

“Whoa, this is your house?” I nodded while grabbing Bradley by the collar and holding him back.

“Hey boy,” Zak called causing my red nose pitbull to jump excitedly. Get him worked up why don’t you.

Holding his hand faced down Bradley was allowed to smell him before he pet the top of his head.

“Um, so…” Tracy trailed off.

“The priest won’t come for another 3 days so you have to stay here for now.”

“Wait where are you going?” She sounded panicked.

“Back home,” he said it as if it were obvious.

“You can’t, you’ll get hurt. It could kill you!” She started full on panicking.

“Tracy!” I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a paper bag.

“Calm down,” Zak coxed while going to her side and holding her.

When I ran back I could see tears forming.

“Breath into this,” she did as I said but it wasn’t helping. “Sweetie you have to calm down.” She shook her head and pulled the bag away.

“I ca-can’t k-nowing m-my dad will b-e th-there,” she cried.

“He won’t, he’ll stay here,” I seen Zak about to protest but I shot him a look and he shut his mouth.