My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Brat

Tracy’s POV

“Why are you acting like a brat?”

“Excuse me?” I shouted and Kevin shushed me.

“Don’t yell your dad is going to kick me out,” he warned calmly.

“Good, you’re being a dick anyway!” Sure enough the door to my bedroom opened from the creak it was to completely open.

“What is going on?” Dad roared upset by our arguing.

“Nothing,” Kevin sighed.

“Tracy?” Zak asked.

I remained silent.

“Kevin I think you should leave,” Zak said after a minute of silence.

“Yes sir,” Kevin said and looked at me before leaving, “I’m sorry for upsetting you Trace,” he left.

I heard the front door open and shut and then his truck starting and pulling out of the driveway.

“What happened?”

“Nothing,” I shock my head, “just stupid stuff, dad?” I asked looking up.

“Yeah?”

“Can you drop me off at the mall?”

“Depends? What are you planning to do?”

“Walk around, maybe get my nails done, see a movie or something. I just want to clear my head.”

“By yourself?”

“I was thinking of calling Mikey,”

“Umm, okay sure,” he smiled and I grabbed my cell and sent a quick text to Mikey before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my purse.

My dad mainly talked about work, reminding me of his schedule so I could get ready again. We went over the plan of him getting blessed before coming home also, he was taking precautions so nothing that could hurt me would follow him home again.

My phone buzzed and I checked it.

I really am sorry. Babe don’t be mad. I ignored Kevin.

“Is that Mikey?” Dad asked and I bite my lip and nodded and he looked back on the road.

My phone buzzed again.

Let me take a shower then I’ll be there in 30.

Ok, I’ll be in the nail salon, I should be finishing right as you get here.


“I’m going to get my nails done while I wait for him,” I explained and my dad just nodded.

An Hour Later

Mikey and I walked around the mall. We decided to stop at the food court. We were both starved.

My phone beeped with a text message. I looked at it then ignored the message.

“Who is it?” Mikey asked and I just shook my head. ”Who is it?” He repeated.

“Kevin, he’s being a dick,” I answered.

“Then break up with him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever.
-Neche