Status: active :)

Everyone's a Winner with a Heart That Small

Two

Image

After a quick bite to eat and a tour of town, Gigi begged Ezra to stop at the mall. The first place she dragged him to was the candy store to search for her favorite candy. Gummy bears, to be exact.

As they walked into the store, Ezra went to the chocolate while Gigi went in search of her favorite. She heard "Circle of Life" from the Lion King coming from her pocket so she checked the caller i.d. before sliding her phone open.

"Cora! I'm so sorry I forgot to call"

"You better be sorry, bitch! I was worried!"

"Sorry. Ezra's just been showing me around town"

"Oh, and how is that fine ass cousin of yours?"

"Don't even go there, Cor"

"What? I miss him!"

"You're the one who dumped him, sweetie"

"Ugh, shut up. Besides, it's not my fault they had to move all the way out there"

"True"

"So how is it?"

"It's great so far. How's it back in the big MB?"

"Boring as shit. My best friend left and now I have no one to hang out with"

"Aww, babe, I'm sorry. I'll be back in a month or two"

"That's too damn long"

"Excuse me," a voice said quietly from next to her. She turned her head to see a rather small guy with long brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Hmm?"

"I know you're talking to someone but could I please borrow your phone for a minute?"

"Cora, can I call you back?"

"Sure, sweetie. Bye"

"Bye!" Gigi hung up before handing the phone to the boy. "Here you go"

"Thank you so much"

The boy dialed a number and put the phone to his ear, waiting for the person he was calling to answer. "John! Where the fuck are you guys?.....You did what?! You jerks!.....I'm buying candy.....Well, you shouldn't have left me at the fucking mall then! Asshole.....Okay.....You better!.....Okay fine. Bye"

He hit the lock button on the phone before handing it back to Gigi. "Thanks a lot. My douchebag friends left me"

"No problem"

"I'm Pat, by the way"

"Gigi"

"Ooh, that's a pretty name. Are you french?"

"No," she answered smiling.

"Oh...Well, thanks, Gigi!"

"You're welcome, Pat"

Pat waved as he left the candy store and Gigi shook her head as she went back to looking for her gummy worms. When she finally spotted them, Ezra came around the corner with an armful of bags of chocolate.

"Shit, Ezra, do you need that much candy?"

"Yes"

"For what?"

"Movie night, dumbass"

"I forgot about movie nights!"

"How dare you!"

"Shut up. It's been five years"

"Fivee long years without your favorite cousin, I know. It must've been difficult"

"You should know, being without your favorite cousin"

He nodded thoughtfully. "Now hurry up!"

"How many can I have?" she asked, looking at the bags of gummy bears.

"Get 'em all"

Her eyes lit up and she grabbed all seven bags off the shelf then followed Ezra to the counter to pay. The teenage cashier behind the counter gave them strange looks as she rang up the gummy worms and chocolate, totaling sixteen bags in all. Ezra paid the girl then waited for her to put it all in a large bag before they left.

When they got back to the Covington mansion house, they went straight up to the media room with their candy. While Ezra went to get some drinks, Gigi took the time to call her best friend back.

"Hey, Cor. Sorry some kid at the mall wanted to use my phone to call his friends"

"That's fucking random but okay"

"Tell me about it"

"So, how's Arizona then?"

"Hot"

"Hotter than South Carolina?"

"It is today"

"Shit. I feel bad for you"

"It's great to finally get to see Aunt Lindsey again though. And Ezra of course"

"Yeah, I know. So what are you guys doing now?"

"Movie night"

"Aw, shit, I miss movie night!"

"Yes, be jealous. We got sixteen bags of candy." Ezra came back into the room with a twelve-pack of dr. pepper. "And a shit load of dr. pepper too"

"Ugh, fuck you!"

"Sorry babe," she said chuckling.

"Who's that?" Ezra asked as he flopped down on the couch with Gigi.

"Cora," she answered him.

"What?" Cora asked.

"Nothing. Ez asked who I was talking to"

"Oh. Tell him I said hi"

"Ez, Cora says hi"

"Hi," he replied as he got up to pick some movies.

"He says hi"

"Ugh is he gorgeous? I bet he's gorgeous"

"Um...."

"Will you take a picture for me?"

"Cora!"

"Please, Gigi?"

"Fine, I guess. You creep"

"I love you!"

"I love you too. Gotta go now. We're gonna watch Big Fish"

"My favorite fucking movie too! You guys suck balls!"

"Sorry, babe. Love you!"

"Love you too. Bye"

"Bye!"

Ezra sat back down on the large leather couch again, this time with the remote control and a dr. pepper for each of them. He handed her one of the cans and she set it on the table as she turned her phone over to the camera function.

"Hey, come here for a second"

Ezra leaned in so that their cheeks were touching and she held her phone up to take a picture.

"Thanks. Cora's dying to see how you look nowadays"

He chuckled as he leaned back against the armrest and clapped twice, making the lights go out.

"Oh my God, you dork"

"What? It's perfect for someone as lazy as I am"

"That's true, I guess"

Ezra pressed play and Gigi reached for the first bag of gummy worms before sending the picture to Cora.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gigi's outfit. Wow, you guys are amazing! 123 subscribers already! Love you all :)