Status: active :)

Everyone's a Winner with a Heart That Small

Three

Image

Gigi and Ezra were halfway through St. Elmo's Fire when her cell phone began to beep, signaling a new text. It was a number with an Arizona area code and when she checked it against the number that the boy at the mall had called earlier, it was the same.

Hey!

She stared at the screen for a moment. Who the fuck is this? She decided it couldn't hurt so she replied with a simple 'Hi?' then set the phone back down in her lap. Less than thirty seconds later, her phone beeped again. Ezra gave her a fake glare and she smiled apologetically as she opened the text.

You're Gigi, right?

Who wants to know?

You know the scrawny guy who borrowed your phone? I'm his friend.

You're the asshole who left that precious boy at the mall?

That'd be me, yes. But you should know it wasn't my idea

May I ask why you're texting me?

Pat said you were beautiful ;)

Is that so? Well, that's classy of you.

I'm a classy guy

It certainly sounds that way.

"Who are you talking to? Wait, let me guess, Cora?" Ezra asked, from the other end of the couch.

Gigi shook her head. "I don't know who it is, actually"

"Why the fuck are you talking to them then?"

Gigi shrugged and looked back down at her phone as it beeped again. She turned it to vibrate for Ezra's sake then opened the new text.

I'm John.

I kind of don't care.

Ouch. That hit me right in the blood pumper there, Gigi.

I'm sure it did, John.

So tell me about yourself.

What makes you think I want to volunteer personal information?

You're still talking to me.

Gigi knew it was mean but she decided to be bitchy and not reply to that. A few minutes later, her phone buzzed with a new text.

Oh, that's clever. You're not "talking" to me anymore. Very nice.

Gigi shook her head as she put her phone on the armrest next to her and finished watching her movie with Ezra. By the time it went off, it was nearing midnight and her eyelids were beginning to droop.

"Ez, I can't stay awake anymore. I'm passing out"

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm surprised you made it this long. Hop on"

He stood up and she hopped onto his back so that he could give her a piggy back ride all the way to her room. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and he shut the door behind him as he left the room. She changed into some comfortable pajamas then crawled into the large bed, turning off the light. She was asleep almost as soon as he head hit the pillow.

By the time she finally rolled out of bed the next day, it was almost 2pm. She of course blamed it on the jet lag. She threw her hair up into a ponytail as she headed down the stairs to the living room where her aunt and uncle were sitting and talking.

"Uncle Rick!" she squealed as she ran over to him to give him a hug.

"Hey, baby girl. We've missed you! How's my big sister?"

"Mom's great. She misses you of course"

"Well, of course"

"Sweetie, Ezra just stepped out for a bit with some friends but he should be back home soon," Aunt Lindsey told her.

"Okay. Well, I guess I should go shower then. I'll see you guys in a few"

Gigi went back upstairs to take a shower and get dressed and she just barely finished getting ready by the time Ezra got back home.

"What's the plan for today, cuz?"

Ezra shrugged. "There's not really much to do right now. But there is a show later. Interested?"

"Fuck yes"
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty sure you can all guess whose show it is, yes?

I'd really love to hear from you guys. Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms even?

**By the way, 10 FUCKING STARS. Already! You guys are great :)