Status: active :)

Everyone's a Winner with a Heart That Small

Four

Image

"Ready, Georgie?" Ezra asked, peaking his head into the room.

"Don't you dare call me that in public"

He grinned. "Come on, let's go"

Gigi followed Ezra down the stairs and out to his midnight blue Benz. She slid into the tan leather passenger seat and pulled her vibrating phone from her pocket. John. She'd put his name in her contacts so she'd know it was him.

There's a show tonight in town. Are you coming?

Gigi deliberated for a moment. If he was asking, then that meant he would be there.

Nope.

You should. It's going to be fun.

She shook her head as she placed her phone back in her lap without replying. "So, who's this band we're seeing?"

"Some friends of mine. They're actually pretty big now. You may have heard of them"

"What's the name?"

"The Maine"

Gigi shook her head. "Sorry, no"

"Oh well. I'm sure you'll like them anyway. Most of the ladies do"

"So they're those kind of guys then"

"They're always surrounded if that's what you mean. But they're nice guys"

By the time they got to the venue, there was a long line down the sidewalk. Gigi held onto Ezra's arm as he weaved through the people and walked straight up to the door. The guy at the door nodded at him and moved aside to let them in.

"Wow, look at you with your big connections"

Ezra rolled his eyes playfully and pulled on her arm, leading her up to the balcony. By the time they made it up the stairs and bought some drinks, the doors opened and teenagers began to pour inside. Luckily, the balcony was 18 and up so most of them had to stay downstairs.

The first band was terrible. The second was a bit better. The third was actually pretty good. And then The Maine took the stage. Gigi squinted to look more closely at the boy who took a seat behind the drum kit. Pat?

Gigi elbowed Ezra gently. "You know Pat?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You know Pat?"

"Sort of. He borrowed my phone yesterday"

"What? When?"

"In the candy store"

"Oh. Yeah, Pat's a pretty crazy kid"

"Hey Ez?"

"Yeah?"

"Would one of the others perhaps be named John?"

"Yeah, the singer. How'd you know?"

Gigi shook her head as she looked down at John. "Pat just called a John"

"You'll get to meet them all later"

"Huh?"

He pointed to the right side of the stage. "That one, Jared, is having a party after the show. We're going"

"Um, I think I'll pass"

"What? Why?"

"I don't like parties"

"Liar! We used to party every time I came to visit"

"Okay, I don't like parties where I don't know anyone"

"You know me"

"You don't count. You'd probably go off and find some girl and where would that leave me?"

"Oh come on, Gigi. You're not shy. I'm sure you'd find someone to talk to"

"I'd rather just go back and hang out with Aunt Lindsey"

He sighed. "Alright, alright. I'll drop you off at home"

"Oh, and Ezra?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you....not mention me?"

"Why not?"

"Just don't kay?"

"You're acting weird but okay"

Ezra was right about them being surrounded. After the show was over, all five of them were swamped with girls. Gig stood hidden by the door while Ezra made his way through them all to tell Jared that he just had to run home really quick before going to the party. He seemed to be in a hurry as they walked back to his car and he drove faster than the speed limit back to the house. Gigi said goodbye as she got out of the car and went back into the house.

"Oh sweetie, I didn't expect you back so soon," Aunt Lindsey greeted Gigi as she came inside the door.

"I just had Ezra drop me off. I guess I'm still kinda tired"

"Why don't you go on up to bed and I'll bring you a snack, hmm?"

Aunt Lindsey nudged Gigi toward the staircase before heading off toward the kitchen. Gigi went upstairs and changed into her pajamas then washed off her makeup and pulled her hair up into a ponytail before collapsing onto her large bed.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Aunt Lindsey came in holding a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk.

"You're just like Mom"

"I'll take that as a compliment. Your mom is great"

She set the plate and glass down on the nightstand and kissed the top of Gigi's head. "Night, sweetie"

"Thanks, Aunt Lindsey. Night"

Gigi was in the middle of eating her first cookie when her phone vibrated.

You missed a good show.

Way to brag on yourself there. Actually I went after all.

You went?! What did you think? P.S. I'm not really conceited.

Wasn't terrible.

Sounds like you had a greeeat time....

No, I did. You guys were actually pretty good.

So, are you by any chance hot?

Gigi rolled her eyes as she quickly typed out a response and sent it. Nope.

Liar. Pat said you were- and I quote- gorgeous.

Oh right. That's the only reason you're talking to me.

Seriously though. Why didn't you tell me you were going tonight?

I didn't know it mattered.

I would've fucking wanted to meet you if I'd known.

Nah, you wouldn't. I'm boring.

Doubtful.

Shouldn't you should be off enjoying your party instead of talking to me?

How'd you know I was at a party?

Lucky guess.

I like talking to you

This is hardly a legitimate conversation. And on that note, I'm going to bed.

Sweet dreams ;)

Gigi rolled her eyes as she turned off her phone and set it down on the nightstand. She turned the lamp off and snuggled into her blankets, almost instantly drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gigi.

*Side note: Not that you guys even care probably, but I put Kennedy on hiatus since no one seems to be reading and all that jazz.. Just so you all know.

:)