Status: active :)

Everyone's a Winner with a Heart That Small

Five

Image

When Gigi woke up the next morning, she found herself immediately checking her phone.

Morning, beautiful.

Gigi rolled her eyes as she threw her covers back and swung her legs over the side, sitting up to reply. You don't even know what I look like, genius. She tossed her phone onto the bed behind her and got up to go downstairs.

Her aunt had made a giant breakfast for everyone. Gigi took an empty spot beside Uncle Rick as Lindsey set a plate on the table in front of her.

"Aunt Lindsey, I love you"

She chuckled. "I love you too, sweetheart"

"Where's Ezra?"

"Oh, he's not awake. He was out late so he probably won't be up for another, oh, two or three hours"

Gigi shook her head and busied herself with eating the giant omelet on her plate. By the time she'd finished and gone back upstairs, there were two new texts waiting for her.

I bet you are though.

She replied a quick Whatever before going to the text from a random number she didn't recognize that also had an Arizona area code.

Sorry he's annoying you. My bad :/

Is this Pat?

Yeeees

Haha it's fine. I don't blame you.

But I'm the one who told him you were beautiful.

Well maybe you're just crazy.

Um no :)

Gigi left her phone on the nightstand while she went to take a shower. She dried her hair and got dressed then went back to her room where she found Ezra, sitting on the edge of her bed with crazy hair and squinty eyes.

"Mornin', sunshine" He grunted and rubbed his hands over his face instead of actually giving a response. "Late night?"

"You should've come, Gigi. It was awesome"

"Sorry, no thanks"

"Are you going with me today?"

"Depends. Where are you going?"

"Hang out with some of the guys"

"Which guys?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes"

He gave her a strange look. "Um Pat, his brother Tim, and another guy Garrett"

"Oh. Okay yeah, I guess"

"Isn't enough that your favorite cousin is going?"

"Who said that?"

"Very funny. I'm gonna go shower. I'll be ready in twenty"

"Right"

Ezra left to go get ready and Gigi flopped down on her bed, picking up her phone once again.

Pat told me you are.

What if he was lying? Or maybe he has different taste in girls?

Pat's weird but I don't know...

What if I'm really ugly? Hideous? Painful to look at?

You're still fun to talk to.

You're full of shit.

Why am I full of shit?

You're just going on the hope that I am physically attractive. If I'm ugly, there's no way you'd keep talking to me.

You don't know what I'd do. You don't know me.

You're right, I don't. Which is why we shouldn't talk anymore. Good day sir.

Gigi rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling until she heard Ezra coming back down the hallway. She got up and grabbed her bag, tossing her phone into it as she followed Ezra out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gigi. Sorry this is short. Just a setup for the next chapter :)