Status: One Shots of this story are here

Don't Blink

One-on-One

At the end of the week, the girls had found their patterns. Celeste drug Rain into the Host Club where they would sit with the Hittachiin twins. Karma would join as well, if the club was not open. She would sit by the window with Haruhi and do homework. Occasionally she would work with Mori and Hunny seeing as they were in the same class. Once she even practiced her French with Tamaki. But if the club was open she was off somewhere else doing work. It upset Rain a lot. She was use to spending time with one of her sisters. She only saw Karma in the morning and after school, but at least she had Celeste in her class. If anything her first week taught her she would need to become more independent from her sisters. Celeste like usual was going great with socializing with others. She would talk to just about anyone around her.
Rain watched as Celeste freaked out over the Hitachiin boys playing their act. Rain sat back quietly just observing. She sighed looking to the other groups. They all seemed busy with their act. She glanced over to the window and saw that it was pouring rain.

“What’s wrong Rain?” Kaoru asked.

“Are you not happy with us?” Hikaru asked next.

“I really don’t enjoy this club, the only reason I am here is because of Celeste.” Rain said bluntly. The three at the table were in shock.

“Sissy, that was rude!” Celeste said with her eyes wide. Rain rolled her eyes and rest her head on a clear spot on the table. It was quiet for a moment before Celeste spoke. “Sissy I’m sorry for dragging you along, I was just hoping that maybe you could make friends.” She started. Rain peeked up at her sister. She looked sad, her hands down in her lap. “I know you’re upset and I just wanted to see you happy.” She began to pout, nearly in tears. Rain sighed lightly and sat up straight.

“Don’t be such a baby, I’m fine.” She said looking away from the trio at the table. “If I was that unhappy I would leave.” She said crossing her arms in front of her chest. There was a blunt change in Celeste’s character. She was excited and her eyes were wide.

“I knew it would make you happy!” she cheered. She leaped up and wrapped her arms around Rain. Rain kept her eyes away in what seemed like she was trying to look annoyed, but there was a small hint of happiness in her face.

“That was so beautiful!” The twins began to cry. They stood clapping, wiping away fake tears. Rain managed to shove Celeste off.

“Okay, now go back to that stuff you all normally do.” She said waving her hand at them. The boys quickly turned the girl’s argument into something about how they wish not to fight. Celeste went right back to enjoying their act.
Karma burst in, startling some of the guests. She was soaking wet and looked rather annoyed. She spotted an empty table and slapped her things down. Eyes followed her as she shuffled through her papers trying to dry them out.
“Would you like some help?” a voice said sweetly above her. Karma gold eyes found Kyoya looking down at her. She seemed to think a moment as Rain appeared at her side.
“I told you it was supposed to rain today.” She said taking the papers that had ink spread all over it. She stared at them for a minute before placing them on the table. Kyoya watched for a moment as the girls found the papers that were salvageable. Over his shoulder the hosts got back to work, Kyoya turned back to his own work. Karma finally let a sigh before checking her textbook. Her red hair curled as it dried. She laid the book down and joined Kyoya at his table.
“You know if you could enjoy you’re time after school.” Kyoya said looking up from his black book. Karma saw the glint off his glasses.
“Even if I wanted to enjoy the club, I couldn’t.” she said flatly as the hosts began to bid their guests goodbye. Rain sat at the table with Rain’s drying papers. Celeste was still with the Hitachiin twins.
“And why is that Karma-senpai?” he asked seemingly interested in what she had to say. She leaned forward at the table.
“Because I do not like to share, If I liked a guy, there is no way I would actually want other girls around as I spent time with him.” She said looking him in the eyes. He grinned.
“That is a brilliant idea Karma-senpai.” Tamaki cheered joining them. He wrapped his arms around Karma. Karma chuckled and placed an arm around him.
“And what idea did I give you Tamaki?” she asked with amusement in her voice. He shot up straight.
“One on one dates of course!” he cheered. “A simple romantic date with the host of the lady’s choice.” He said with a smile.
“That sounds like an excellent idea!” Celeste cheered. The Hitachiin twins and Hunny began to cheer with her. Karma just watched for a moment. She glanced back and found Rain watching the group with an amused smirk on her face.
“So who are you going on a date with?” Kyoya asked. Karma snapped her head towards him. “We are doing this just for you Karma-sempai.” He spoke, “We haven’t worked all the details out yet, but you will be the first person to go on this one on one date.” He smiled. Karma mentally sighed. She thought about it for a minute.
The only people she really was comfortable with her classmates, which were Hunny, Mori, and Tamaki. Tamaki was entertaining, but it was suppose to be a date. She could not date Tamaki, or Hunny at that matter. Her mind went to Mori. She glanced over to Mori. He remained straight face just as he did in class. Karma really didn’t think she could stand a date with him either.
“Morinozuka-sempai” she heard over her head. She turned and found Rain standing over her shoulder. “Karma should have her one on one date with Morinozuka-sempai.” She said again.
“What? Why?” Karma asked looking at her younger sister.
“I agree” Celeste chimed in. She grinned widely. “You do have a thing for tall guys.” She said shrugging. Kyoya took a note of Karma being Mori’s first guest. Karma rose from her seat her face flushed.
“I’ve got to rewrite that whole essay.” She said gathering her papers and stuffing them into her bag. Mori watched as the red head made her way quickly out of the room.

~
Once the girls got home, they spotted three boxes sitting on the front porch. Karma picked up a box, the top one had Rain’s name on it. Celeste had already grabbed a box as well, ripping it open.
“Maybe Mum sent us a present from the city.” She said opening the box. Karma and Rain just watched as Celeste stopped as she looking into the box. “Oh Yay!” she cheered and pulled up a yellow monstrosity. Karma’s eyes got wide and Rain just glared at the dress. “Now we can fit in at the school!” she said holding the dress up and spinning around in it. Karma leaned down in her sister’s ear while Celeste spun with the dress.
“I say we have a bonfire when it dries up.” She whispered in her sister’s ear. Rain smiled looking up to her red-haired sister with a big grin.
“I think he should burn them inside.” Rain said looking into her sister’s eyes. The girls grabbed their boxes and began to drag them inside when they were stopped at the door.
“I think it’s you’re uniform and you’re going to wear it to school.” A calm yet stern voice said at the door. The girls looked up to see a red-haired woman looking down at the girls. Their face’s turned a mix of disappointment and frustration. Celeste broke between the two and hugged her mother.
“Mum! When did you get back?” she said hugging the woman’s waist. The two carried on inside the older of the two daughters went for the stairs with their dresses.
“If you’re not wearing those dresses to school Monday you’re both grounded.” Their mother’s cool voiced called out of the kitchen and up the hall. The girls stopped at the top of the stairs, looking at each other.
“Maybe we can fix them up?” Karma said with a shrug.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter was pretty much the same as the original, but this was the first part that takes a huge turn from the original. ^.^ i hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think.