Status: (: Complete :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

-16-

I rubbed my hands over my stomach as I laid back against the examining table.

Paul had told me to come in and lay down comfortably.

He would be in in a few minutes.

I let my thoughts flow freely as I relaxed.

I'm finally gonna get to know if my babies are boys or girls.

I felt the smile spread across my face, and then it faltered.

This moment was almost perfect.

It would be perfect if Brian was here with me.

I knew how much he wanted to be here with me.

And I wanted him here just as badly.

I heard the door open and I looked up to see Paul walking in with a big smile on his face.

"Looks like someone is starting to show." He said.

I started to laugh as he grabbed is clipboard and came to sit next to me on his stool.

"Yeah. I can already feel the extra weight added on. I can only imagine what it's gonna be like in a few months. I'm gonna be big as a house." I grumbled.

Paul chuckled and shook his head.

"That is not true. I can see someone here is quite dramatic." Paul laughed.

"Yes. That would be me." I said.

"So today is the big day. We get to find out the gender of the babies. Where is Brian?" He asked me.

I could feel the sad look come across my face and I wanted to cry.

"He couldn't make it. He really wanted to be here but the guys had a show and he had to be there." I said softly, the tears filling my eyes.

"I know he wanted to be here. You know that too. Don't be upset, Cynthia. Think about the positive. You're gonna find out if you're having boys or girls. I know you're excited about that." Paul said softly.

"Yeah I am. But I do have one small request." I said.

Paul nodded, waiting for me to speak.

"I want you to take a current picture of the babies, write the gender on the sonogram, and then seal it in an envelope." I said.

He looked really confused.

"I don't want to know until I'm with Brian. So it can be a surprise for the both of us." I told him.

Paul grinned widely and set up the ultrasound machine.

He took the picture and I could see a smile on his face.

He grabbed a letter sized envelope and wrote in white sharpie on the picture.

I saw him write something on the front of the envelope too before he gave me some tissue to clean off the cold gel.

He handed me the envelope and I looked at his flowing writing that said, "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Haner."

I grinned widely and grasped the envelope in my hand, careful not to bend it.

"Everything is coming along beautifully. You're babies are healthy. Heart beat is strong and normal. You should start to feel them move in the next few weeks. It's gonna feel weird at first, but it's all normal. All of your results are normal as well. Your blood pressure is good and well as your weight and diet." Paul smiled.

I sighed in relief.

"You're doing everything you're supposed to be doing. And your babies are healthy. Congratulations Cynthia." He said.

I grinned widely and threw my arms around his neck, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Thank you so much." I cried.

"It was all you. You're going to make an amazing mother." Paul said.

I grinned and pulled away from him, accepting the tissue he held out to me.

I wiped my tears and stood up.

"Go back to Brian. I know he's missing you. And you both have a surprise waiting behind that envelope. Don't hold off any longer than you have to." He said.

I nodded and jumped off the table, straightened my clothes, and gave Paul one more hug.

With a promise to continue doing everything I was doing, I scheduled my next appointment, and practically ran all the way to the airport.

I couldn't wait to see Brian.

I hope he's just as excited as I am.

We're gonna found out about our babies.

Just the thought filled me with warmness.

I can't wait to get back to him.