Status: (: Complete :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

-08-

"So, Ms. Hamilton. I am told that you're here to get a check up for your pregnancy. Is that correct?" Dr. Raines asked, flashing a smile.

"Yeah it is." I said.

"And you are? The husband? Boyfriend?" He asked turning to Brian.

"Brian. I'm her boyfriend." He said.

Dr. Raines put his hand out for Brian to shake.

He took it and I could see him grasping it hard.

Dr. Raines didn't look fazed by it, he just smiled and pulled away, turning back to me.

"So, Cynthia. Is it alright if I call you Cynthia?" He asked gently.

I nodded with a smile.

"Is this your first pregnancy?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm really nervous too." I told him honestly.

I felt Brian grasp my hand and i looked over at him, giving him a smile.

"There's absolutely nothing to be nervous about Cynthia. Most first time mothers are extremely nervous because the pregnancy wasn't planned and they don't plan on keeping the child. Are you planning on keeping the child?" Dr. Raines asked.

"Yes of course." I told him quickly.

"It wasn't planned but we are definitely excited about it." Brian said, a smile coming across his face.

I grinned and pulled his hand up to my lips, kissing it gently.

"Very good to hear. So, do you want to see how far along you are?" He asked me with a grin.

I nodded vigorously.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to lay flat on the table and pull your gown up past your stomach." He said.

I nodded and laid back flat, Brian sitting by my head and grasping my hand gently between his.

I pulled the gown up passed my underwear and up to the bottom of my bra.

Brian looked extremely uncomfortable about me laying on a table half naked.

But Dr. Raines came forward and covered my bottom half with a plastic type blanket.

He turned on the ultra sound machine and got the cold gel.

He rubbed it across my stomach and I shivered.

"Sorry. It's a little cold." The doctor said with a chuckle.

I giggled and looked at the screen.

"That's not gonna hurt her, right?" Brian asked immediately as he got closer to me with the hand held object.

"Of course not. No pain at all." Dr. Raines reassured him.

Brian sat back and looked at the screen with me.

The doctor rubbed the wand over my belly, pushing gently until he stopped and looked at the screen.

I saw a tiny little movement and then I heard an echo.

My eyes started to fill with tears as I looked over at Brian, his eyes mesmerized by the screen.

Brian looked down at me and smiled as he wiped at the tears.

He leaned forward and started to kiss my forehead.

"That's our baby." He whispered between kisses.

I giggled and hugged his head to my chest.

I looked over at Dr. Raines and he was squinting at the screen.

"Is the baby healthy?" I asked him, starting to get worried at his silence.

He stayed quiet and I looked up at Brian with wide eyes.

Dr. Raines snapped out of it and looked over at us.

"I'm sorry. I was just taken by surprise." He told me.

I looked at him, waiting for an explanation.

"Well what the hell were you surprised about?" Brian asked urgently.

"You look to be about 9 weeks along. And you're not having a baby. You're having twins." He said.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open.

"Twins?" Brian repeated.

Dr. Raines nodded with a smile.

"Twins. It's too early to tell what the sex is, but I should be able to tell you in a few weeks." He told me.

"I kind of wanted to ask you about that. Brian is in a band that is touring right now. I want to have one doctor who has all of my information and knows my progress. Is there anyway you can be my doctor?" I asked him.

He looked over at Brian.

"How long are you going to be on tour?" He asked.

"It's a two year tour of the United States." Brian said.

Dr. Raines looked over at me.

"I could try and work something out. With you traveling so much it's going to be more difficult. Especially carrying twins. Once you enter your seventh month of pregnancy I would suggest not traveling. The last thing you want to do is go into labor on the road when you're no where near a hospital. As for me being you're doctor, the only thing I could do is schedule you for a check up every three weeks and you can fly in and check in." He offered.

I looked over at Brian and he didn't really look too sure.

"I'll give you two a few minutes to discuss this." Dr. Raines said, getting up and shutting the room door behind him.

I looked over at Brian and he was looking down at his feet.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him.

"We're gonna have twins. And when you're seven months along, I won't even be able to see you cause you can't travel. I'm going to miss everything." Brian grumbled.

I grabbed his face and pulled so he was looking at me.

"You're not going to miss anything. I'm going to document everything. I'll record it. We can get a new video camera so you can watch every step of the process. As long as I'll travel with you guys for as long as I can. As long as the doctor clears it, I'm gonna be with you." I told him.

He nodded and looked up at me, leaning forward so his forehead was pressed against mine.

"What about this doctor? Do you like him?" He asked me.

"He has a good track record so far and he seems nice. He's really trying to work with us. He'll set up appointments so I can come and get checked out every three weeks. It sounds good to me." I told him.

He nodded.

"If that's what you want. Then that's what we'll do." He said.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close.

"I love you." I told him.

He looked up at me and smiled, pressing a kiss to my lips and then down to my stomach.

"And I love you guys too." He grinned.

"Twins. Can you believe it?" I asked him.

"I can't. It's surreal." He said.

"You and your super sperm." I laughed.

He started to laugh just as the door opened and Dr. Raines walked back in.

"Have you two come to a decision?" He asked with a small smile.

I nodded and stuck my hand out for him to shake.

"You are officially my doctor." I told him with a grin.

He smiled and shook Brian's hand as well.

"Alright. Good to hear. I'll get you all set up with your prenatal vitamins. I'll get you a chart with food groups that you should eat and foods you shouldn't. We have a few books if you want to take a look at those. There's also lamaze classes you can take, if you want. I know a few instructors that do lamaze classes on the road. The fee is a little steep, but if you want to take the classes, I can get the number for you." Dr. Raines said.

"Thank you Dr. Raines. I would really appreciate it." I told him.

"We're gonna be seeing each other pretty frequently. You can call me Paul." He said with a smile.

"Thank you Paul." I said.

He turned to Brian and stuck out his hand.

"I hope to see you as well Brian." He said.

"I'm gonna try and make it to as many appointments as I can. I don't want to miss a thing." Brian said.

I smiled and hugged him closely.

"Let's get those appointments set up, those vitamins, the lamaze teachers number, and pictures of your babies." Paul said excitedly.

I grinned and nodded.

This day has gone even better than I could have hoped for.