‹ Prequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles

Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Chapter One

It had been three days since Lyrissa and Logan left the mansion for Arizona. It was now 2:00 am, on the third day, and Lyrissa was sleeping in the passenger seat, while Logan drove the last few miles to their destination.

It wasn’t long before he could see the large, two story house, with a huge front yard turned into a parking lot in the distance. He could hear music, and laughing, and as he pulled up to park someone shouting, “She’s here!” over, and over. He smirked, and shut the car off, before gently nudging Lyrissa to wake her up.

“Hey, wake up, we’re here.” He smiled. “Nngh… we’re where?” she groaned while slowly opening her eyes; she couldn’t see anything outside their car, since it was dark outside, and he had the enterer light on for her. “The reunion we’ve been driving three days to get to, in Arizona, to meet your family, remember?” he chuckled. Her eyes shot open at once. “We’re there?” she gasped, flipping the visor down, and checking herself in the mirror. “Yeah, and ya look fine. C’mon.” he smirked, getting out of the car, before going around to open her door for her.

“What if this is the wrong house?” she asked nervously as they walked up the long drive.

“It ain’t.”

“What if they don’t like me?”

“Don’t worry about that, now c’mon. Yer a grown woman, quit actin’ like it’s yer first day of school.”

By the time they got to the door, she was so nervous her hair had no sparkle at all, and she was holding his arm so tightly she was starting to cut off circulation. Neither of them had to knock, before a very excited twelve-year-old boy pulled the door open. “Hi! You must by Lyrissa! Oh wow, you really do look like grandma, if she wasn’t so old.” He said quickly, grabbing her by the hand and pulling her into the crowded house. “Michael Carson, you let her be! They just drove all the way from New York to get here! And how would you feel if you just got here, before meeting any of us, and were dragged through the house by the arm, before even learning the name of the hyper boy dragging you?” an older woman scolded as she walked out of the kitchen. She wore a green and white apron over her red shirt, and blue jeans, and had her long gray hair pulled up into a lose bun. “Sorry Grandma Anette.” The boy sighed, letting go of Lyrissa, who was holding even tighter to Logan as everyone around them stared. “It’s okay, now go watch your cousin.” She smiled, and walked over to Lyrissa and Logan.

“Oh you do look so much like her, you know that?” she smiled with tears in her eyes. Lyrissa didn’t know what to say, or even who she was looking at, so she kept quiet. “I’m sorry, you don’t know who I am do you? Don’t feel bad, I didn’t expect you to.” She laughed, as they looked at her, Logan noticed that her gray hair was sparkling just like Lyrissa’s did. “I’m your grandmother, Anette. Karma’s mother.” She smiled.

Lyrissa didn’t vocally react, but when he looked over at her, Logan saw a few tears running down her face as she stared in awe at the woman in front of her. “Well give her a hug.” He chuckled, gently pushing her forwards. Both woman embraced tightly, and started crying while everyone else in the room cheered and welcomed their long awaited relative.

“Oh my god! She did get the hair!” someone announced, bringing Lyrissa’s brightly sparkling hair to everyone’s attention. “I figured you would, every woman in our family has sparkled, and a few men too.” Anette laughed. Lyrissa was still speechless, but laughed with her.

“I’m sorry, I can’t wait anymore, I have to meet her Grandma.” Another woman, who was older than Lyrissa sighed as she ran over. “I don’t blame you Eliza, she is your sister after all.” Anette smiled. “Sis…sister?” Lyrissa gasped. “Yeah, I’m your older sister. Well, half sister… my dad left after finding out that mom was pregnant.” She explained. “Wh-why didn’t you live with us?” Lyrissa asked. “Well, that’s a long story, and no one feels like hearing it right now. Come on, there’s enough food to feed an army, and you have literally, almost a hundred people to meet.” Eliza laughed, guiding Lyrissa out of the room with Logan close behind.

“Everyone, this is Lyrissa, my sister!” she announced as they walked into the kitchen. “Oh my god, you look just like Karma, it’s like a walking photograph!” an older man gasped as he stood up from the small table and hugged her. “I’m your grandfather, George.” He introduced.

“Hi.”

“And this is your uncle, Charlie.” He introduced, making both Lyrissa and Logan laugh. “What?” Charlie asked. “Back in New York, I have an Uncle Charlie too. He was a close friend of dad’s, and I adopted him.” She explained. “Oh, well then you can call me Uncle Chuck then, to keep us from getting confused.” He smiled.

George introduced her and Logan to a total of twenty people, before Eliza took them into the dining room to meet even more family. There they met Lyrissa’s two nieces, and nephew, seven cousins, two aunts, and another uncle. After that, they went to the living room to meet five more sets of grandparents, her brother, adopted aunt, and adopted uncle, five more cousins, and another nephew. Upstairs, she met even more cousins, grandparents, and yet another niece, and her two brothers.

Two hours later, Lyrissa and Logan were sat in a guest room in the attic, which was actually pretty nice, while she took everything in. “Ya okay?” he asked as she curled up with him on the bed. “I have two brothers, and a sister Logan. I’m an aunt! I have cousins, and grandparents, and another Uncle Charlie!” She whispered.

“I know I was following you and your sister through that madhouse.”

“Logan,”

“Yeah?”

“Half the people here have glittery hair.”

“I know, just proves ya shouldn’t have been so worried to come here.” He smirked, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

She was about to kiss him back, when someone knocked on the door. “Well, some things are the same no matter where we go, aren’t they?” she sighed before rolling off the bed, and answering the door.

“I’m sorry, I just need to talk to you.” A man sighed as soon as she opened the door. “Okay,” she answered slowly, stepping aside for him to enter the room, before closing the door back. “Okay, so Eliza told you I’m just adopted into this family, because I’m a mutant, right?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“Okay, well I heard you and your friend here talking a while ago, about a camping trip, when you met someone named Julie. She owned a bar and grill, real sweet woman?”

“Yeah, what about her?” Logan questioned.

“Well I was wondering if she was doing okay when you were with her last.”

“She was just fine, why?” Lyrissa asked curiously.

“Well, she’s my sister.” He smiled. That was when it clicked. Will, the reason Julie had helped them so much, and hated anti-mutant groups. The brother that was taken away by a group from Washington; taken away from her, his wife, and their young son.

“She was worried about ya.” Logan smiled.

“I’ve been worried about her too. That’s why I didn’t go back. I’ve been part of the Carson family here for three years… your brother actually found me, and brought me here. I know my wife probably re-married by now, and my son won’t even remember me, so I just decided to try and start a new life here. That, and if I go back, something could happen to her, too. What if they went after her, thinking she was a mutant too?”

“Well, she keeps a shotgun close, I know that.” Lyrissa laughed.

The three of them continued talking about their pasts, the Carson family, Lyrissa’s newfound family members, and her all-mutant family back in New York for the rest of the night, until Will decided to leave them to get some sleep. Lyrissa changed into her pajamas, not worrying about Logan, since he kept his back turned to her until she was done, and curled up to him before drifting off to sleep. She couldn’t wait to have her questions answered, and learn about her new family the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please? Also, I know the last background sucked... so I fixed it! What do you think of the new one?