‹ Prequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles

Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Chapter Twelve

“Guys, you should see this.” Jazz announced the next day at breakfast, tossing a newspaper down in the center of the table. The article she had out had a photo of a huge mural that covered the entire top floor parking lot of one of the office buildings’ garages in the city. It showed the entire city in ruins, and blood everywhere. There were bodies, injured children, crying mothers, dying fathers, and pain on every face. There were no heroes to save the day, only darkness. There were mutants being rounded up and standing in front of a firing squad. The mutants were of all ages, and some were small children, and infants. Some were already being shot, there was blood coming from some after being shot in the heads, and hearts. Some were about to be shot, and were crying and trembling in fear. At the bottom of the chalk drawing was written in bright letters “With war, comes death! K.D. ??”

“K.D.’s new mural.” She explained. “Wow…” was all Andrew was able to say before handing the paper to Cyclops. “This is nothing like the last one we saw.” He muttered. “K.D. is a protest artist, their work isn’t going to all be the same.” Marvin shrugged as the lights around them flickered slightly. “The article says K.D. is warranted for arrest, and thought to be highly dangerous. There is a reward for he, or she, to be brought to the authorities.” Hank sighed sadly. “I highly doubt that she poses any threat to anyone. She is an artist, not a criminal.” Xavier said calmly.

“Oh my god… look at the next page! It has a bunch of her other drawings, and this one here, has Sparkles in it!” Kiera announced, putting the paper down and pointing out a very detailed drawing of her and Wolverine together. Lyrissa quickly grabbed the paper and took in every bit of the photo in awe. She was lying in his arms, and looked so fragile it was frightening. All around them was shadows, and the other X-Men were standing around them in a half circle, with pained and worried expressions. Wolverine had his head against hers, and was brushing some hair away from her face. Her clothes were torn and she was bleeding a little bit on her arm. After a while of looking, she realized where they were all standing and started to tear up.

“What’s wrong?” Allie asked quickly. “This is the night I lost control of my powers. K.D. saw the whole thing!” she breathed, passing the paper to someone else before resting her head against the table. “It’s incredible though, you’d think they just took a picture of it, you know?” Jean commented. “If it wasn’t for the bricks in the wall, I’d have said the same thing.” Rogue agreed.

After a long discussion about the artwork, Lyrissa went to get the kids all dressed and ready for the day. She was pushing Allie to take a bath, and on the way to the bathroom when Jean stopped her. “I got it Lyrissa.” She smiled, and took Allie, leaving her alone in the hallway. “Thanks.” She shrugged and went to make sure Marvin was doing okay, only to find him in Logan’s room, lifting weights. “What’s going on?” she asked quietly. “Logan’s… helping me… lift weights.” Marvin grunted. “C’mon kid, five more.” Logan pushed, temporarily ignoring her. Marvin was straining, and the lights were flickering, but he wasn’t about to give up. As soon as the five reps were done, he dropped the bar; making Lyrissa thankful Logan was there to spot him while bench pressing. “Alright kid, yer done.” Logan nodded. Marvin nodded, thanked him, and left for a shower.

Lyrissa leaned against the wall by the door while Logan walked over to her, leaning in and kissing her while she used one of her wisps to close the door. “Heard ya had a run in with those brothers again, ya okay?” he asked when they separated for air. “I’m fine, he nicked my side with his knife, but it’s nothing serious.” She smiled, pushing him back until his legs were touching his bed.

“Jean said ya were pretty nervous.”

“Mm, but who wouldn’t be though? One had my wrist, and one had a knife and was rubbing it up and down my leg, over my other wrist, and under my shirt.”

“They didn’t hurt ya, did they?” he asked seriously, breaking away from her to watch her reactions to tell if she was lying to him.

“The cut on my side was the worst thing they did, other than when he kissed me, but he didn’t even kiss my lips Logan.” She answered honestly. He sighed heavily and pulled her into a hug. “I’m okay Logan, really.” She whispered. She could feel him smirk before picking her up and laying her in the bed. “I know ya are. They ain’t tough enough to break ya.” He smirked while climbing on top of her.

Their lips touched lightly at first, growing gradually rougher as they both went to make up for so much lost time together. For the first time since Marvin’s arrival, they were able to be alone together, now all they had to do was hope not to be interrupted.

His hands traveled up her shirt and explored every curve on her perfect body. Even the scars he ran across were perfect, because she was perfect, and he loved her. His kisses slowly went down her jawbone, to her neck, to just above her collarbone. She gasped as he reached her neck, and couldn’t suppress her moan when he got to her collarbone. She had to bite her lip to keep from crying out when he but down slightly, absolutely adoring the sounds she made at the little tricks he had figured out for her. He continued working her collarbone until her hair was sparkling so much it was nearly blinding, only breaking contact long enough to pull her shirt up over her head, and throw it to the other side of the room.

Before long they were both stripped down to their underwear, and her bra was hanging on the doorknob after being carelessly thrown over Logan’s head. Lyrissa had teleported and switched places with him, and was in the middle of kissing him to death when he stopped suddenly, and pushed her back slightly, keeping her still by gripping her shoulders. “What is it?” she whispered worriedly, but he just kept listening as if he were trying to figure something out.

He was about to say something when Marvin burst through the door. He was quick enough to pull the blanket over himself, to keep the nerd from seeing him in all his boxer glory, and Lyrissa teleported behind the door with a quick gasp. “What’re you doin’ kid?” Logan demanded angrily. “I was… they wanted… I’m sorry.” Was all he could say before leaving and quickly shutting the door behind him.

“Every time, Logan. Every time we get anywhere, the Brotherhood attacks, or some anti-mutant group starts trouble, or the kids are arguing! Something always has to break it up!” Lyrissa ranted from the corner, losing her sparkle, and darkening the shadows around her so that he couldn’t see her body anymore. As she continued her rant he walked over to her, and put his hands on the wall on either side of her shoulders. “Yer blushin’.” He smirked, making his head touch hers. “Of course I am!” she meant to sound angry, because she was, but just as she gave her reply he closed all distance between their bodies, and started nibbling where her neck and shoulder met, so it came out as more of a breathless squeak.

She tried to resist for a short while, but it was a useless fight, and she gave in and surrendered to him completely. Leaning her head back against the wall with a content sigh, and closing her eyes, she preyed nothing would interrupt them this time as he picked her up so that her toes couldn’t reach the ground. She wrapped her legs around his hips as his kisses became more passionate, and once again he bit her collarbone. She moaned louder than she expected, and felt him smirk against her skin before she teleported them both back to the bed. “Every time you do that, I arch back… I’m tired of hitting my head against that wall.” She laughed, sounding almost weak as she lay there beneath him. “Coulda said so, I would’ve moved ya.” He smirked before going back to indulging himself in every flaw, and perfection that made her so perfect in his eyes.

Outside their room in the hallway, Jamie and Allie were quietly, and curiously listening to what was going on, on the other side of the door. When Lyrissa cried out, Allie took off running and grabbed the first adult she could find, which was Andrew since he was to her an adult. “Andrew! Andrew Wogan’s hurting Sparkles!” she cried, pulling his hand to get him to follow. “What do you mean, their training and she got hurt, or what?” he asked confusedly. “No!” she squeaked. When they got to the room, and saw Jamie with his ear pressed against Logan’s door, he burst into a fit of awkward laughter.

“Jamie, let’s go.” He ordered quickly after hearing another moan from Lyrissa, and Logan’s chuckling. “But what are they doing?” he asked innocently. “Just, come on okay? I… yeah.” He answered awkwardly, being unable to give them “the talk” just yet. He grabbed Jamie, and walked them down the hall, and as far from Logan and Lyrissa’s “activities” as he could.

“Jean! Uhm… I need some help.” He admitted as soon as he saw her walking down the hall in front of him. “With what?” she asked curiously. “Well, they were kind of listening in on Sparkles and Wolverine, and now they’re asking questions, and I… uhm… I can’t really answer them?” he answered, not realizing that his answer sounded more like a question. “Oh,” she replied blankly. “What were they doing?” Allie asked for the seventh time, not counting the times Jamie asked. “They were, uhm, I think the Professor should answer that actually.” She nodded. Andrew nodded in agreement and they all went to find Xavier.

As soon as they got to his door, he called them in, and motioned for Allie and Jamie to sit down. “I’m sorry Professor Xavier, I just can’t answer this one.” Andrew sighed. “I thought I would be able… but it’s a lot more awkward than I expected it would me Professor.” Jean admitted with a laugh. “Yes, I know. I was the one to answer these questions for Lyrissa as well.” He chuckled before dismissing them and giving Allie and Jamie a very child-friendly explanation to what Lyrissa and Logan were up to.

Dinner that night was different than any other night. Logan was actually eating at the table, which meant Marvin had to sit next to him, which made him nervous because he crashed in on him and Lyrissa. Allie and Dante had told pretty much everyone about what had happened, but Lyrissa didn’t know about it. Jazz had finally confessed to Rogue, Lyrissa, and Storm that she had a huge crush on Andrew, and was unable to make eye contact with him, since he had overheard their conversation. All and all, nobody could think of a conversation that wouldn’t be awkward, so dinner was silent, until Allie asked the question that was burning inside her.

“Hey Spawkles?”

“Hm?”

“Are you and Wogan gonna have a baby now?”

Silence.

Lyrissa turned a million shades of red, before teleporting away. “She didn’t know we all knew?” Jazz asked blankly. “No, she didn’t.” Scott answered with a sigh. “Wogan, can you answer me? Are you and Spawkles gonna have a baby?” Allie asked, demanding an answer. He just grunted and left to find Lyrissa, knowing good and well where she would be. Even though it was still winter, and well below freezing, she was in her secret tree fort.

“Ya okay up there?” he asked when he finally got to her. “Fine.” She squeaked. Another thing he loved, how high pitched her voice got when she was embarrassed. He smirked and climbed up the tree and lay down next to her. “I can’t believe she asked that.” She laughed, pulling herself closer to him for warmth, since she wasn’t wearing a coat. “It was gonna happen sometime.” He pointed out. “Yeah, I know.” She sighed.

It was quiet for a while as she shivered against him. The only sounds were her teeth chattering, his occasional chuckle, and the sound of snow falling from the trees every so often. As cold as she was, Lyrissa was very relaxed hiding from her embarrassment in that tree, until the blanket she had tied as a hammock ripped, resulting in both her, and her lover falling from the tree, and to the ground.

She screamed in pain the entire way down, dislocating her shoulder after catching on a branch, and breaking her wrist when she tried to catch herself before hitting the ground. Logan popped her shoulder back into place, and helped her to her feet. She was crying openly from the excruciating pain, but he was eventually able to calm her down enough to walk back to the mansion.

She spent the rest of the night hiding in the infirmary after getting her wrist put in a cast, so that she didn’t have to deal with questions yet. Logan went to do something, she didn’t know what, and she sat alone for the rest of the night. She liked it that way; it meant she had time to think.