‹ Prequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles

Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Chapter Eighteen

“L-Logan?” she breathed, stumbling slightly and being caught by Cyclops, who was furious with the man standing in front of them. “I’m sorry, Lyrissa,” Logan said quietly, debating on whether or not he should go to her. “You came back,” she whispered, “You… you came back!” she laughed, and teleported from Scott’s grasp to his embrace, breaking down into sobs and refusing to let him go. Kiera, who had fainted when she saw him regained consciousness and stared at them in disbelief. “I didn’t wanna hurt you, you know that, right Lyrissa? I left so I didn’t do that. Please forgive me?” he almost begged, supporting all of her weight. “I forgive you, I forgive you Logan, I forgive you.” She sobbed over and over.

He just held her tighter and took in as much of her scent as he could. He wouldn’t admit it, but another reason he had his face buried in her brightly sparkling hair was to wipe away and hide his own few tears. After half an hour of standing around for the reunion, everyone cleared out of the main room and Lyrissa teleported herself and her returned love up to her room, which was littered with parenting and childcare books.

“So you’re keepin’ it?” he asked while blankly looking around at the at least fifty books. She froze and turned to face him was a pained, and fearful, but determined expression. “I am. And I know you aren’t big on the idea, and that’s fine. You can go back to your room, and live on as if none of this ever happened. I will take care of the baby, and I will raise it, and you won’t have to do anything for it. You don’t even have to be in its life, Logan. But if that’s the choice you made, I have to ask… W-why did you come back?” she replied, refuse to cry again but having great difficulty holding back her tears. “I didn’t mean it like that… I should’ve said ‘we’. Are we gonna keep it.” He sighed, putting his hands on her shoulders. “D-do you want to?” she asked hopefully. He answered with a smirk and meaningful kiss.

“Does that mean yes?”

“Yeah.”

Lyrissa beamed and moved his hand from her side to her stomach, which was just starting to show. He looked a little confused as to how to react, but he also looked happy. That small sparkle of happiness was enough to bring her entire world back together.

“Hank’s doing the first ultrasound in a couple days.” She smiled as they laid together on her bed, “Do you want to come with?”

“Sure.” He shrugged; not really interested in it but willing to do anything to stay at her side. “Thank you.” She smiled, and snuggled closer to him, quickly falling asleep and for the first time since he left, having a peaceful rest.

He didn’t sleep at all. He was fully content staying awake, and watching her. Holding her, feeling her heart beating, hearing her breathing, smelling her shampoo and conditioner that was so close to gingerbread men, and seeing her hair sparkle. He for a short while tried to count the sparkles, but that was harder than counting the stars. He wanted to pull her closer, but was afraid to wake her.

Lyrissa stirred a few hours later as her eyes fluttered open, and smiled when she found his looking back at her. “I’m sorry, you didn’t have to stay in here.” She blushed. “Didn’t mind it. I didn’t wanna leave anyway.” He shrugged before kissing her.

“Thank you,” she whispered just as his lips left hers.

“For?”

“Coming back, I was so scared I was going to have to do this on my own, Logan. I cried every night for you, and the baby. I was so worried to think of our child growing up, not knowing who you were.”

“Well ya ain’t gotta worry about that anymore. I ain’t goin’ anywhere.”

“Promise?”

“I promise. I’ll be right here every step of the way, and after.” He smiled as someone knocked on the door. “I hope you’re decent! I’m coming in!” Eliza announced, and teleported to the foot of the bed.

“Wow. Fully clothed and everything. You two are in love… sorry Logan.” She blushed, looking down at her feet. “She was really ticked off at you after you left, but she forgives you now. Right Eliza?” Lyrissa explained. She just nodded and smiled before giving them the message she was sent up to give. “Granny Rose has announced that it’s the responsibility of all the women currently in the house to take you out shopping for baby things… Logan can come too if he wants.” She informed.

“When?”

“Now.”

“Like, right now?”

“You can teleport downstairs. We leave in twenty minutes.”

“Shouldn’t we wait and find out if it’s a boy or girl first?” Logan questioned, not really wanting to go with her, but knowing that he would anyway. “Chances are, it’s a girl, but knowing her she won’t want a lot of pink for her kid anyway. She’s a street racing, crime fighting, hard rocking, milf. Most of this stuff will probably be green, yellow, purple, black, or white. Right Lyrissa?” she smiled.

“Milf?” they questioned together.

“You heard me.” She grinned and teleported out.

Five minutes later Lyrissa and Logan were standing together in the front room with Jean, Rogue, Storm, Eliza, Jubilee, and Granny Rose. Anette, who had been spending most of her time tending to the kids and cleaning the mansion, Carol, who had been helping her, and Rose, who had actually been going out on missions with the X-Men in Lyrissa’s place were with them. Jazz, Kiera, and Allie were also waiting when they came in. “All right, let’s get goin’.” Rogue smiled and led them all down to the garage.

Lyrissa and Logan rode in his jeep, Granny Rose, Carol, Anette, and Eliza took her car, Jazz, Kiera, Allie, and Storm rode in Andrew’s car while Jazz drove, and everyone else took Rogue’s.

The first baby store they went into, Lyrissa fell in love with a very gothic, white bassinet, accented with black lace. Since that would only be a good bed for the baby for a short while, Logan helped pick out a beautiful black crib that would match what Lyrissa’s vision was becoming. Granny Rose told them not to worry about a rocking chair, since she was going to be given The Chair from the house, which has rocked nearly every Carson family member to sleep over the last hundred-and-fifty years. She said they simply keep repairing and taking care of it, so that the next mother can feel its comforts while comforting her child.

Kiera and Jazz ran off with Allie and picked out other furniture for the room. Changing tables, dresser, bookshelf, and toy chest that all matched the beds. Lyrissa had to wear a bandana to hide her sparkling hair as she and Logan broke off from the group to shop together, looking at strollers and car seats, and other basic baby needs.

“It worked.” Anette smiled as she and Granny Rose stood off to the side, watching their loving smiles. “Of course it did. Everything’s all right now; she’ll be just fine as long as she’s with him. Judging by that smile, I don’t think he’ll be leaving her any time soon.” She smiled.

“Dude, they don’t even know we’re here.” Jazz laughed as she joined them. “That’s a good thing. Imagine how it’ll be when the baby comes!” Anette grinned. “That will be one seriously spoiled kid, you know that right? Jean’s just as excited about having a baby in the house, and you know I’ll be spoiling it. Plus all of the siblings who want a part of its life, and those two for parents?” she smirked. “Not spoiled, Jazz, loved. I know how they’ll be. This child will never be allowed to be come a spoiled little brat, because the second one of those episodes starts, they’ll be right on top of it, putting the child in it’s place.” Granny Rose corrected. Jazz nodded and laughed as Logan picked Lyrissa up and carried her away from the baby clothes.

“I think we’re done here.” Jean laughed after seeing all of the things that had been picked out. “Yeah, here. We have what, three more stores lined up?” Kiera laughed after seeing what almost a thousand dollars bought. “Ah, it’s worth it.” Rogue grinned as they all carried everything out to the cars, surprised to find the guys in the parking lot waiting with two pick up trucks.

“The Professor told us you needed some help.” Scott laughed, more than surprised by the amount of bags and boxes in their hands. “Hey, you remember de trip dey took to de mall? Gambit seen worse.” Gambit smirked. “And you will, we ain’t done yet.” Rogue winked.

“The baby isn’t even formed yet, does it need this much crap?” Andrew asked. “Uhm, yeah, it does.” Jubilee answered with a roll of her eyes. “But where’s all this gonna go?” Max demanded. “Uhm, we’ll get to that later. It’s obvious the baby needs a room so there.” Kiera answered and darted off with the other women to the next store.

After a few more hours, Lyrissa was exhausted and it was time to go home. She wasn’t allowed to carry anything, though there wasn’t much to carry, since all that was purchased was some more clothes and toys. As soon as they got back to the mansion, Logan walked her up to her room, and the women and girls who went shopping put all of the baby things in the War Room, since they couldn’t think of another place to keep it at the moment.

“It just doesn’t seem real, Logan.” She sighed as they lay together on her bed again; “It’s like one of those Hollywood style families, where everything’s perfect. I’m terrified something bad is going to happen and tear it apart.”

“Don’t be, ‘cause nothin’s gonna happen. I’m gonna make sure of that.”

She nodded and snuggled up against him before falling asleep again, and staying so for most of the night. Once again Logan watched her while she slept, gently brushing the hair away from her face, and smiling when it started to sparkle at his touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, I must have been asleep or something when I labled my chapters in the document, my list went 17-21 and I thought I was missing chunks of the story... no, I just have four chapters listed as 21. Haha, anyway, here's the answer to your cliffhanger!!