‹ Prequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles

Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Chapter Twenty Two

“I can’t believe how big she’s gotten,” Jean smiled while bouncing Ophelia and watching the “kids” go through intensive training to become X-Men. “I know. It seems like yesterday she was so small I was afraid to touch her, and now she’s… she’s huge!” Cyclops agreed with a slight laugh. Jean smiled more as Ophelia reached for him, making pleading sounds until he took her and bounced her lightly.

“You’re getting fat,” he laughed, though his voice was muffled her hands as she went to grab a hold of his lips.

“Callin’ my kid fat?” Wolverine demanded as he joined them, having just left the Danger Room to check in on his baby. “Of course he is! Look at her!” Jean laughed while Ophelia started making her usual high-pitched, excited sounds that happened when she saw her daddy.

“C’mere.” He beamed, taking her from Scott and hugging her. Jean just watched with a smile as he leaned against the wall to play with her and keep her laughing. The Wolverine that everyone knew was not the same man that held the giggling, sparkling baby. This man never stopped smiling when she was in his arms. He never wanted to put her down, and she never wanted to leave his arms unless it was to go straight into Lyrissa’s.

Just like her mother, Lyrissa’s hair was at its highest shine when her daughter was in her arms. She adored that baby, more than anything in the world. No one expected Lyrissa and Logan to be such parents, but were all pleasantly surprised with how happy their lives were becoming.

“So… wedding bells?” Eliza questioned while Lyrissa sat in the library chatting with her sister on the phone. “Probably not. We can’t legally because he doesn’t know who he is. There aren’t any documents of his life, or even his name.” She sighed. They had already gone through all of that before when he had decided he wanted a proper family.

“Don’t be down on it, you two may as well be husband and wife in a fairytale! I’ve never known someone so close to Happily Ever After.”

“I’m not upset by it at all! Actually, things are so perfect right now, I don’t want to change anything.”

“But,”

“No buts.”

“No, there is. I know you want him to stop going on every mission, because you want to go too, and you also want him safe.”

“Stop being such a sister! Damn, Eliza, you’re horrible!” Lyrissa laughed as Jubilee walked in grinning. “Hold on a sec, Eliza. What is it Jubilee?” she questioned quickly.

“You need to come see your kid.” She laughed.

“Eliza, I’ll call you back later okay?”

“No problem! I’ve got Carson things to take care of. Granny Rose’s birthday and all… HUGE function and it’s MY job now!” she laughed, and hung up while Lyrissa followed Jubilee out.

“LOGAN!” she shouted as soon as they got to the observation window above the Danger Room. He had their daughter in there with him, and she was actually training! Though he was keeping her beyond safe, Lyrissa was going to kill him. “This should prove entertaining.” Beast nodded as everyone else laughed.

“What is wrong with your head today? She isn’t even a year old! She can’t be training yet!” she scolded, only getting angrier when he started laughing.

“She ain’t in any danger! I haven’t even put her down. She stays just like this, and laughs when we dodge things. That’s it!” he explained, walking over to her and putting his free arm around her, “Do ya think I’d have her here, if she could get hurt?”

“Logan, if you weren’t holding our baby, I’d punch you.” She sighed, resting her head on his shoulder.

“Teleport her up here, and you two can fight it out!” Box announced over the intercom. She laughed and he nodded, and within the next few seconds Xavier was holding Ophelia, and Lyrissa and Logan were giving each other everything they had.

“I’m going to break your nose, you ass! That was a cheap shot and you KNOW it!” she growled when he tossed her over his shoulder and into the wall. “Good luck with that.” He smirked as she teleported and appeared above him before kicking him in the face, teleporting behind him and kicking him in the back, which caused him to fall forwards onto his hands and knees. His nose was dripping blood onto the floor and a rapid rate, and she was laughing. “Ya know I like it when we play rough.” He smirked, moving so quickly that she wasn’t able to block, and taking her down.

A few more minutes of fighting and she was pinned under his entire body, and he had her wrists firmly held to the floor. “You know, as a teleporter, that doesn’t work on me.” She smiled matter-of-factly, and disappeared. “But this does.” He smirked when she re-appeared, grabbed her arm and pulled her against him, and kissed her.

“Damn you.” She sighed, knowing that he had won; her hair gave it all away.

“Once again, Sparkles gets owned by Wolverine.” Max snorted, and left for the game room. “Hey you two!” Box shouted into the intercom mic, “You already have ONE baby! Let’s not make another down there, okay?!”

Lyrissa burst into laughter and broke their kiss before teleporting both of them to their room. “What about Ophelia?” he questioned as she locked the door. “Jubilee wanted to take her to the park again.” She grinned and thickened the shadows to make their room soundproof.

That night after Ophelia was FINALLY asleep, Lyrissa and Logan went down to the Danger Room again for some more training. She was getting very tired of staying at home and training alone during the times he was away on missions, and it was starting to bother her. She often joked to her family on the phone that Sabertooth gets more attention than she does.

Their fight was cut short, however, but the sirens going off again. “I’ll see ya when I get back, babe.” He sighed, kissing her before heading to the jet.

“No, this time YOU stay with the baby. I want to go on this one. I can handle it!” she pleaded, teleporting to stand in front of him. After ten minutes of arguing, he finally agreed with her that she needed some time as an X-Man instead of Mommy, and went up to Ophelia’s room.

“Sabertooth’s causing problems again, and we are going to stop them, again.” Cyclops sighed as the jet took off. “I’m surprised you came, and Logan stayed behind this time.” Beast nodded as Lyrissa fixed her hair. “Don’t be, I bitched him out until he finally said I could come. All I EVER get to do is stay home and take care of the baby. I’m a member of the X-Men, not a housewife!” she frowned.

“You are putting yourself in danger. It only makes sense, knowing Wolverine, that he would want you at the mansion, with Ophelia.” Storm explained.

Again, Lyrissa sighed. “I know. I just don’t like staying home all the time. I feel like I’m letting you all down somehow.” She admitted. “You know, he’s not doing it to make you feel bad, or because he thinks you’re weak. Wolverine is afraid that if you fight Sabertooth, you’ll do the same thing your mother did. He doesn’t want to lose you, and Ophelia is close to the age you were when we lost her.” Cyclops explained.

Lyrissa went silent and lost all of her sparkle for a second before looking up at him with nothing less than pure determination. “I am not my mother. I’ve learned from her, and will not make the same mistakes.” She explained firmly. “Don’ be so sure, Gambit see you change when de baby be involved.” Gambit frowned, “Dey get a hold of her, you ain’t gonna be so different from Karma. You gonna fight an’ give your life to keep Ophelia safe.”

“Gambit is right, Lyrissa, as a mother it is nature for you to protect her in that way. She is the most important person in your life, and we all worry that if you were to be put in your mother’s situation, you would meet the same fate.” Storm explained.

Lyrissa stayed silent and looked down at her feet, still without her sparkle.

“Aw, Sugar, you ain’t gotta feel bad for it. It’s because ya love her so much, and we love YOU so much, that we worry. It ain’t a bad thing that you make a good mama.” Rogue smiled, patting her shoulder as they landed.

No sooner did they leave the jet, did the fight begin.

“I can’t believe you were dumb enough to help us escape those labs that night. We wouldn’t even be in this fight if you had been smart about things.” Mystique sneered before kicking Lyrissa in the face and knocking her to the ground. “I told you before, I’m not like you.” She grunted, teleporting behind her before kicking her down, and disappearing again. “I wouldn’t leave ANYONE in their hands.” She spat, appearing to stand in front of her as she lay on the ground.

“Should’ve taken a lesson from her.” Sabertooth snarled while grabbing her by the hair and throwing her into a tree, “Where’s Wolverine? Playing stay at home daddy tonight?” he jeered.

Lyrissa refused to reply while trying to use her wisps to keep him away from her long enough for her to stand up. “She’s a pretty baby, though. I’ll give you that… and already has her powers. That means she’ll make a very strong teammate when magneto gets his hands on her.” He smirked.

“You stay the hell away from my daughter.” She growled, letting her eyes change while bringing her stronger powers out.

“Just like mommy.” He grinned darkly, throwing her off even more. Before she knew what was happening she was on the ground again, and bleeding. He grabbed her by the throat, choking her while digging his claws into her flesh and drawing more blood. She tried to fight, but instead she saw her mother’s fight against him. She must have felt the same way, the night she died.

“LYRISSA!” Gambit roared, trying to get out of his fight with some low-grade gang of mutants that had been hired to keep the X-men busy, and get to her. She heard him, but she couldn’t focus on anything except Ophelia and Logan. Tears ran from her eyes as Sabertooth cut off the last of her air, and she found it impossible to breathe anymore. After that her powers took over as she blacked out.

Logan was in the Professor’s office talking about Lyrissa while Allie and Kiera played with Ophelia when he heard Jubilee scream at the top of her lungs. By the time he got to the door it was thrown open by Jamie, who looked up at him with a look of pure horror. “L-Lyrissa…” he breathed, completely white and wide eyed, unable to really speak.

“She’s downstairs. Logan, hurry.” Xavier announced gravely. Without wasting a second he left, running as quickly as his legs would carry him to the main room to find Lyrissa on the floor in a pool of her own blood, and barely breathing. Jubilee was trying to stop the blood desperately with Max and Box’s help, while Jazz tried to get everyone else to leave her be. Unfortunately, it wasn’t working very well.

“What happened?” he demanded, trying to assess the situation without loosing his temper out of stress.

“We were just hanging out, and she teleported in and collapsed. She said your name, and Ophelia’s name and then just… she’s not dying, right? She’ll be okay?” Box sniffled.

Logan didn’t say anything as he lifted her into his arms and carried her to the infirmary to properly stop the bleeding and hopefully save her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please? I'm VERY VERY SORRY that this has taken so long to get back on track.
:( Pleae forgive me. I promise I am trying to get this moving properly again.