‹ Prequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles

Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Chapter Five

Two weeks went by, and it was the last day of the reunion. Stephen was going to follow Lyrissa and Logan in his car, and drive Katie, and the two of them were going to stay at the mansion. Lyrissa was thrilled that her brother was going with them as well, since they had become very close over the time they spent together. Allie slept for most of the time they spent driving, and it only took two days to get back to New York.

They parked in the garage, and Stephen parked beside them. “Whose bikes?” Katie asked excitedly, pointing to Bad Boy and the shovelhead, which was still unnamed. “Mine.” Lyrissa smiled, leaving her luggage in the car and leading Stephen and Katie up to meet everyone; now it was their turn to be overwhelmed by her crazy environment.

“GAMBIT DOWN!” they heard Jazz order form down the hall. Right before Lyrissa, Logan, Allie, Stephen, and Katie got to the room they were yelling in, twenty foam balls came flying out the door. “Dat ain’t fair! We unarmed in here!” he yelled. “We were unarmed last night!” Andrew retorted.

“What’s going on guys?” Lyrissa asked, leaning on the doorframe. Gambit and Jazz were bunkered down behind a table in the Game Room that was turned over so they had some cover, and Andrew, Jamie, and Box were all armed with Nerf guns. “SPARKLES!” Jamie screamed, whizzing over to her, and colliding hard as he gave her a hug around the waist. “I missed you too Jamie!” she laughed. “No fair I wanna hug!” Jazz whined, jumping over the table and embracing her next. “Me next, me next!” Andrew laughed, bouncing over, dropping his weapon, and hugging her.

Everyone who hugged Lyrissa ran over and hugged Allie, turning her to the center of attention since she had been kidnapped. “How you been?” Gambit asked Lyrissa as she hugged him tightly. “Been okay, but I missed you guys.” She laughed tearfully, realizing then just how homesick she had been. “An how you been Petit?” Gambit asked as Allie ran over and jumped on him. “Good! Spawkles’ family is funny!” she laughed excitedly, squeezing around his neck to hug him, but choking him in the process.

“What’s all the noise? I thought you all called truce!” Scott complained as he walked into the room, not even noticing Lyrissa, Logan and Allie. “Who are you?” he asked Stephen and Katie. “My brother, and niece, Stephen, and Katie.” Lyrissa smiled, jumping on his back. “BROTHER?!” Andrew gasped in disbelief. “Yeah, get this, I have two brothers, and a sister!” she laughed. Scott grabbed and hugged her tightly as soon as he realized she was standing in the room, and didn’t let go until Allie demanded a hug too.

“I’m so sorry I lost you.” He sighed as he held her. “It okay Scotty, Gwanny Rose said you didn’t mean to. It was a accident!” she smiled. He laughed and hugged her even tighter before finally releasing her.

“Okay everyone, so this is my brother and niece, you all know that. So Stephen, Katie, this is Scott, Andrew, Gambit, Jazz, Box, and Jamie.” Lyrissa announced once Scott and Allie’s reunion was done. “Nice to meet you.” Katie beamed. “Yeah, she’s told us a lot about all of you.” Stephen smiled. “Everyone else is just finishing up in the Danger Room, and should be on their way up to say hi soon so you’ll be able to meet them too.” Scott informed.

As if on cue, Max and Kiera came rushing into the room cheering and shouting Lyrissa, Logan, and Allie’s names. Right behind them, were Rogue, Jean, Storm, Hank, and Xavier. Once the twins let go of Lyrissa, they attacked Logan; Max actually jumped up and hung from his shoulders while Kiera hugged around his stomach.

“Uncle Charlie!” Lyrissa squeaked, throwing herself around his shoulders and hugging him tightly; out of everyone in the mansion, she missed him the most. “Welcome back Lyrissa, how was Arizona?” he smiled. “It was great.” She laughed, finally letting go to hug Rogue. “Hey sugar.” She smiled.

Once the hugs, and introductions were done with, Lyrissa took Katie up to a room, while Scott took Stephen to his. As soon as everyone was unpacked, and settled in somewhat, Lyrissa, Logan, Katie, Stephen, and Allie were led to the War Room, where the craziest Welcome Home party Lyrissa had ever seen was set up.

“D.J. C.S Summers, hit it!” Jazz announced with a laugh, as Scott turned on the stereo and turntables. They put a huge pair of oversized neon purple sunglasses over his glasses, and put a sideways baseball cap over a yellow beanie, and made him try to scratch the records. “How did that happen?” Lyrissa asked Storm as she watched the hilarious display. “I do not know exactly. He lost a bet, but that is all I know.” She smiled. “What happened was, he lost a race, then lost a combat thing to Box, then we decided to teach him to be funky f-f-fresh!” Jazz cheered. “He’s funky all right.” Lyrissa laughed.

Scott didn’t play D.J. for very much longer before he just put on the regular stereo, and left it alone, taking off the glasses and hats and sitting down next to Jean. “Dance with me!” Allie begged Logan, using her powers to make him when he refused. “Dance with me!” Jazz laughed as she and Andrew physically dragged her from her seat between Gambit and Stephen, and onto the dance floor right as the Hokey Pokey started.

“Are they serious?” Stephen asked Xavier. “Very.” He smiled. “Lyrissa love dis song.” Gambit smiled as they all started to sing.

“YOU PUT YOUR RIGHT FOOT IN! YOU TAKE YOUR RIGHT FOOT OUT! YOU DO THE HOKEY POKEY AND YOU SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!” everyone who was participating screamed the lyrics at their highest volume, laughing as hard as ever. “Wow, they’re a world class choir.” Katie laughed sarcastically. “This is nothing, you should see when they sing Happy Birthday.” Jean smiled.

After the song, someone screamed Musical Chairs, and Lyrissa teleported Scott onto the floor. “You are playing this game with me.” She announced firmly as Jean and Andrew used their powers to set up the game. “The only person not playing is Professor Xavier!” Box announced to everyone in the room, forcing the others to get up. “Is this going to be as crazy as the one you told me about?” Stephen asked his sister. “Probably more, that table has Pixie Sticks and Cotton Candy. Plus all the Coffee we drank on the way here?” she laughed as the music started, and everyone started walking. “No powers!” Jamie announced. “Yeah, it’s not fair!” Kiera agreed. “House rules.” Lyrissa explained to Katie and Stephen, since she was between them.

The music stopped, and everyone except Jazz got a chair. “Damn!” she yelled, grabbing a chair as everyone stood up, and sitting next to Xavier. Each round the group moved faster, and the circle got tighter, and the laughter and swearing levels got higher. By the fourth round, Scott, Hank, and Logan were all out of the game, and Kiera had tripped and got stepped on by Gambit, who would have felt bad if she didn’t laugh insanely when he tripped over her. When it got down to the last three, it was Lyrissa, Gambit, and Stephen. “You’re going down Gumbo!” Lyrissa taunted. “Oh come now Petit, I Gambit, I ain’t gonna go down so easily!” he smiled. “Oh yes you will.” She grinned.

The music stopped, and he jumped over Stephen who sat down in one chair using his staff, and landed in the chair behind him, taking Lyrissa out of the game. “What I tell you?” he grinned. “You evil, dirty, cheating, person!” she laughed, using her wisps to pull the chair out from under him, and sitting down with the others. The last round, Gambit won, and Stephen ended up sitting in his lap, which made Katie hit the ground almost dying of laughter, and Lyrissa snort so hard it hurt when he didn’t move right away; he just sat there awkwardly for a while. “You gonna get up, or you want Gambit to carry you?” Gambit smirked, lounging comfortably, even with the twenty-six year old man sitting in his lap, and Stephen teleported away somewhere.

He popped in a second later, soaking wet. “You have a pool.” He muttered. “Uncle Stephen!” Katie squealed from her bouncing heap on the floor. “Yeah, and a fountain, and water at the bottom of some cliffs, and back behind the mansion is a river. I’ve hit them all.” Lyrissa laughed, hugging her dripping brother before Storm used her powers to dry him off a bit.

The party went on until someone pointed out that the sun was coming up, and everyone agreed they should go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters today!