Still in Love With You

Hold On. [To your bike, of course.]

It started about 2 years ago. 2 years ago in one month, in fact, when I discovered the trio that called themselves the Jonas Brothers. February 18th, 2006, my life was changed forever by this teen sensation that happened to be on the Disney Channel when I was watching a show with my little sister. At the time, I wasn't as mesmerized as I should've been. I didn't quite understand how this pop band had become an overnight hit. But that night, February 18th, the day after my 14th birthday, was only the beginning.

--

That's So Raven, my sister's then favorite show, was on at almost full blast. I was forced to babysit the immature 9 year old, named Madison, and I wasn't allowed to let her out of my sight. You can blame my parents – they think someone will come into the house and rape us or something. I rolled my eyes at the television, as the commercials came on. Suddenly, my sister sat straight up, and pointed at the TV.

"It's them!" I remember her yelling. I sighed, my eyes finding three [cute] boys. One appeared to be slightly younger than me, another maybe my age, and the last, maybe a few years older at most. She seized the remote and made the TV as loud as possible.

"Hey, it's us, The Jonas Brothers," one said. He had a soft voice, sort of deep. His dark hair was short and his brown eyes were filled with joy. He was the oldestand cutest.

"We're Disney's breakout band," the next said. His hair was spiked into a Mohawk, but my sister quickly corrected me when I commented on it. "Joe-hawk", she had said. I took this as his name, being Joe.

"Look out for our new single, Year 3000, and our CD, It's about Time." The youngest, maybe a couple years older than my sister, had a head covered in brown curls. His voice was high pitched, and cracked at times.

"I'm Kevin." The oldest grinned back at us.

"And I'm Joe." ["Told you!"]

"And I'm Nick, and we are The Jonas Brothers." They faded out, as the CD appeared, and ["It's Year 3000!"] played through the speakers on the television. The commercial had ended, and my sister was squealing.

"I love them so much, Audrey!" I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh, hearing the door unlock and my parents come in. Fake smiles were plastered on their faces, as they asked with equally fake enthusiasm how our night was. I took this as my cue to go upstairs and finish my homework. I turned on the radio, rolling my eyes as the chorus of "Year 3000" or whatever played through the speakers. My sister soon ran into the room, dancing to the song. I sighed, covering my ears. But as the song ended, my hands couldn't cover the loud scream coming out of my sister's mouth. I allowed my hands to drop to my sides, as she scooped up the phone in her hands and began dialing the number being spoken on the radio. Frankly, I had no idea what she was calling for. But when I heard her voice coming out of the speakers, my jaw dropped.

And she had won a pair of tickets to a Jonas Brothers concert.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Kevin. :]