Still in Love With You

Just friends.

Fast forward a little over a year. And yes, you guessed it – another Jonas Brothers concert. Now that I was 15, it was the last place I wanted to be without my friends. I didn't want to be here, not today –

My sister grabbed my hand, leading me into the place where the whole Miley World gathering was. She squealed with delight as she entered tween heaven. She dragged me towards the raffle to win a meet and greet with Miley. I sighed, following along so my arm wasn't yanked out of the socket. The guy at the table was saying how they'd draw a few random winners. I sighed, knowing Madison couldn’t possibly win. When she came skipping back to me excitedly, I knew she was determined to get the passes. I gave up, following her around and taking pictures of her until she got bored and said she wanted to sit down.

10 minutes later, they were announcing the winners over the loudspeaker.

"Katie Schlein…Alexia Wayne…Bekah Bandy…Madison Daniels –" My ears were suddenly filled with shrieks so I couldn't hear the last name.

"Audrey! Aud! That's me! I got picked! I'm going to meet –" I slammed my hand over her mouth, but she still managed to say a muffled "Hannah Montana".

"Oh, God." She'd be talking about this for weeks, it would get annoying. She stood up, seizing my arm again and pulling me to the table. I sighed, giving in. She gave the guy the slip of paper she'd received when she put her name in, and we were suddenly pulled behind the table with the other winners. They explained to us that our tickets would be upgraded to VIP, we'd get backstage access but we couldn't go to the dressing rooms, there would be a possible opportunity to meet the Jonas Brothers, at the meet and greet we could take pictures, etc. After everyone met Miley they would take a picture of us for the radio station. And so on. We were soon guided to the room we'd meet Miley in.

"You each get a little over 2 minutes talking time with Miley, but nothing over that because she has to finish getting ready," explained the guy [who had told us his name was Danny]. We were last, again, so we'd probably get less time. Madison tugged on her Hannah shirt, saying she hoped she could get it signed every two minutes. 10 minutes or so passed before it was our turn.

"Hey!" Miley said, smiling and waving. She seemed pretty down to earth and sweet, for Disney's biggest star. My sister and her talked for most of the time, and I backed up to take a picture of the two.

"So how about you?" she asked, towards the end of the time. "What's your name?"

"I'm Audrey," I said with a smile. "I'm 15, like you, I believe." She shook her head.

"Unfortunately I'm not 15 yet, I actually turn 15 next month," she replied. "But that's cool."

"Oh, I do have a question," I said quickly. She nodded, tilting her head slightly. "Do you think your brother's band will tour here?" She laughed.

"Trace? Of course, he's doing amazing in Metro Station," she said. "I think they're doing a tour with Cobra Starship next year." A security guard cleared his throat. "Oh, I guess you guys have to go. Bye, it was great meeting you!" She waved.

"Bye, Miley!" my sister said, smiling, and I said goodbye before leading Madison out of the room. She took my hand excitedly, and began jumping up and down.

"We just met Miley Cyrus!" I nodded, trying to figure out where to go. We had walked down the hallway from the room we were just in, and down the corner. I froze, one of my worst fears was getting lost. I think Madison sensed that, so she started rubbing my arm. "It's okay." But it wasn't, we were in an unfamiliar place that was huge with thousands of –

"Lost?" I heard someone say from a few feet behind us. I heard two pairs of footsteps stop a few feet away from us.

"Yeah, actually, and it would be nice to –" My words dissolved midsentence as I laid eyes on Nick and Kevin Jonas. "– Get out of this place."

"Where are you trying to get to?" Kevin asked, a smile playing on his lips.

"I don't know, Madison won tickets to meet Miley and we got VIP and all that so really, I don't know, so –" I stopped ranting. "Sorry. I get like that." He laughed.

"It's fine, I do it too," he said. I looked to Madison, but she was gone. So was Nick. Shit. When I turned back to Kevin, he seemed to be closer than I remembered. He smiled.

"I…I met you last year. Twice," I said, not knowing why. He nodded slowly.

"I think I remember." Doubt it. "Yeah. I think I do. You dropped your sidekick and scuffed up your arm." I blushed. I wished I had made a better appearance than a less than graceful fall. Instead of speaking, I nodded.

"So…do you want to watch the show from backstage or in seats?" he asked, leaning against the wall. I shrugged.

"Whatever Maddy wants." He nodded slowly.

"Do you want to meet Joe?" he asked. No, not really. Frankly I'm really happy right here with you. The little voice in the back of my head bugged me a bit. I wasn't in love with Kevin Jonas, why should I be thinking these things.

"Should I take that as a no?" See, when I think I don't talk. It annoys some people. But I can't think and talk at the same time, it's just a problem I have. His laughing broke my thoughts.

"I think we should go to the dressing room, we have about half an hour before we go on and I'm not even half ready." He grabbed my elbow and began directing me down hallway after hallway. After a couple of minutes of silence, he spoke.

"What's your name? I probably know it. I just forgot. I'm bad with names, but I'm good with faces," he explained.

"Audrey," I said. He nodded.

"So, Audrey, how old are you?" Why.

"15."

"Oh." Silence fell over us again, and we didn't speak until we reached the dressing room. I heard Madison's laugh from inside so I presumed she and Nick had gone there in advance. When Kevin pushed open the door, an odd sight met our eyes. Nick was battling Joe at Guitar Hero. Frankie and Maddy were cheering for their respected teams. Maddy seemed to want Nick to win, while Frankie shouted Joe constantly. When Joe looked up at the door, Nick took this opportunity to take star power. Joe looked at the TV, a look of shock coming over his face as the song ended.

"I just poned you." As the post-game noise quieted, Kevin introduced me to Joe. Joe was nice and cute. But part of me felt better with Kevin.

And I was starting to fall for him, in one night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliché. I know. I apologize. But that's what fanfiction's for, clichés and all that good stuff. WORKING ON THE NEXT PART IN THE MORNING. <3