Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Return of Sam

No don't touch me Grandpa,
Nana is a cheating whore


"Hello?"

"Melissa?"

"Who is this?"

"This is your mother."

"Mom?"

"Yeah."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of her.

"What do you want?"

"I have some bad news, it's about Samantha."

"Sam? What happened to her?"

At hearing Samantha's name I was immediately beating myself up. I haven't talked to her in nearly 7 months. I felt guilty because I told her I was going to call her 5 months ago but never did.

"I think you should go to the hospital."

"Why didn't her mother call me instead of you?"

"Her mother called me because she didn't know your number. She started to cry so I told her
I would call."

"Kay. Is Sam still in Westchester?"

"Yeah, at the county hospital."

"Alright, I'm gonna go then, later days."

Without waiting for her reply I hung up the phone and stared at the ground in front of me. It was then the guilt really hit me and I began to cry.

Quickly putting on my shoes and grabbing my keys and cell phone, I walked out of my room, still crying.

I had nearly made it to the door when Raab appeared.

"Mel, whats wrong?"

"Sam."

"Sam? What about Sam?"

"I just got a call, I wasn't told what was wrong but she's in the county hospital. I gotta go now."

"I'll come with you, let me tell Bam and Ryan first though. Yo! Ryan, Bam, get your asses down here. Now!"

We waited for a minute when a shirtless Bam and tired looking Ryan emerged from upstairs.

"What the fuck are you yelling about?" Bam asked, looking angry.

"Sam is in the hospital, Mel and I are going down to see her, do the two of you want to come along?"

"Hell yeah, lets go."

We all made our way to the car and sped off towards the hospital. When we arrived, I jumped out first and ran to the front desk.

"I need to know where Samantha Barks is right now."

"She's in ICU at the moment."

"I need to see her."

"In what way are you related to her."

"I'm her best friend."

I'm a sucky best friend, not speaking to her for so long

"She's in room 576, on the third floor."

"Kay thanks."

Looking behind me to make sure all the guys were there, which they were, we made our way to the elevators. Once everyone was inside I pressed the button for the third floor and waited rather impatiently. When the familiar jolt of the elevator landing had occurred, I positioned myself to get out of the elevator as quickly as possible. It seemed like ages before the doors finally opened and I took off going right, scanning the numbers on the doors.

573, 574, 575, aha! 576

Without even knocking I lunged into the room, desperately looking around for her.

When I saw her in the hospital bed I burst out crying and walked over to her, hugging her, even though she couldnt feel it. From the looks of it, she was in a coma.

"I'm so sorry Sam, I truly am. I should have never neglected you for as long as I did. Please wake up, come on."

"Mel,"

I felt someone put their hand on my back and turned to see Raab. He pulled me into a hug and held onto me tightly, rubbing my back while Bam and Ryan sat down next to Sam's bedside.

"Who are you?" A nurse asked as she came into the room.

Wiping my eyes I replied, "Im her best friend, the lady at the front desk sent us up."

"Alright, just making sure."

"Nurse?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"What happened to her?"

"I think thats for her or her family to tell you."

"Please, I have to know now!"

"Miss, like I said-"

"Come on! They aren't even here, she's in a fucking coma and I'm beating myself up inside for not being with her as much as I should of, now seriously, what the fuck is wrong with her?"

The nurse sighed heavily before looking at me sympathetically.

"Alright, I'll tell ya. She was brought in about three hours ago. We found large amounts of crack cocaine and heroine in her system along with alcohol. She also has several bruises and a broken bone, which looks like she was, beat up."

It was too much for me to take in so I passed out.

I awoke to Raab combing his fingers through my hair, looking at Sam's bed sadly.

"Raab,-"I began but he cut me off.

"Thank god you're ok. You've been out cold for nearly three hours."

"What about Sam. Has anything changed with her?"

"Not really-"

He was cut off by her heart monitor beginning to beat faster.

"Nurse!"

I jumped up and stood by her bed, "Sam!"

"Everybody, out! Now get out, so we can do what we need to do. Out!"

I looked behind as Raab guided me out of the room and down to the first floor waiting room along with the rest of the guys.

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals,
So lets do it like they do on the discovery channel


Bam's phone began to sing from his pocket.

"Yo. What? I'm at the hospital. No I'm fine. It's Sam. What? Oh. Samantha Barks. What was that for? Missy, shut up. Well you're getting on my nerves! I could give a fu- Goddamn screw this shit."

He angrily shut his flip phone, then he opened it again and shut it off before closing it and shoving it into his pocket. We all looked at him questioningly.

"That was Missy. She wanted to know where I was."

We all nodded our heads and just followed him into the elevator.