Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Return of Sam PT. 2

"My God! It's been two damn hours, when are they going to come tell us what the fuck happened to her?" I ranted while pacing back and forth. Without warning, Ryan had pushed me into a chair and stood in front of me.

"Quit pacing it's annoying the hell outta me and makin me nervous."

Just then the nurse that ushered us out of the room was walking towards us.

"Melissa Marts?"

"Yes? How is Sam? Is she going to be alright?"

"Samantha is going to be fine. We have to keep her in here for a few weeks though to watch over her. She has come out of her coma, so all of you can go up there and say hello."

"Thank you so much."

I ran all the way to the elevator, not waiting for anyone and pressed the button for the third floor. When the elevator had landed I dashed out and ran to Sam's room.

"Sam?"

"Mel?"

She looked horrible. Her skin was incredibly pale, her usually bright eyes were bloodshot and half open. Her once beautiful, shiny, full hair was now greasy and thin.

"Sam how are you?"

"Why would you care?"

"Because I'm your best friend!"

"Was. You haven't called or spoken to me in months. What's the deal?"

"I'm so sorry, I just got caught up in some crazy shit."

"Yeah, getting sponsored, hmm pretty damn crazy."

"Well it's Derricks fault I got sponsored. If he hadn't of been using me and cheating on me then I would of never ran into Michael two towns over from where Derrick and I lived."

"You know I really missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Too bad you're busy skateboarding now."

"Actually I don't have to go do any demos for like two to three months. And I live here again!"

"Really? How did you manage tha-"

"Goddamn Mel, thanks for waiting for us!" Bam said coming into the room glaring.

Sam's eyes got really wide.

"Oh shit. Bam! And Ryan and Raab? Oh my god I haven't seen all of you since high school!"

"How ya doin kid?" Ryan asked walking to the other side of her bed.

"I feel like shit. What do you think? I've been hopped up on crack and heroine for the past five months, this is the longest I've gone with out any."

Raab finally came into view, "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Start the drugs?"

"My life was going pretty shitty. I haven't heard from my best friend, my current boyfriend started to beat me. Then he would bring home the crack and heroine and he got me hooked on 'em."

"Excuse me, visiting hours have been over for quite sometime. You're going to have to come back tomorrow," a nurse said poking her head into the door.

Ryan, Raab, and Bam all hugged Sam and said good-bye before leaving the room. I turned to her and hugged her also, holding her tightly, "I'm so sorry Sam. Really. Is there anything you want me to do? Really, cause I'll do it!"

"Well, there is one thing. Can you help me get back to being my old self?"

"Of course."

Two weeks had passed since the Samantha happening.

"Bam just shut up about it!" I shouted at him as I was going down the stairs to leave. Today was the day Sam was getting out of the hospital.

"No! Why the fuck did you throw all of Missy's clothes in the pool?"

"Because she was being a bitch! Did you not hear what she said about Novak or Sam!?"

"No I didn't please, enlighten me."

"She called them good for nothing druggies that should just do everybody a favor and die!"

"What! That's ridiculous. Missy can be bitchy but she's not that much of a bitch."

"You know what, fuck this I'm leaving."

Before he could get another word in I slammed the front door and walked to my car. Within minutes I had made it to the hospital and went inside, and straight up to Sam's room.

Damn it I can't stand one more minute in that damn house with Missy.

"Hey Sam!" I said as I hugged her.

"Hey Mel."

"You ready?"

"Hell yeah."

I pushed her into the elevator and down to the check out counter in silence. They nurses helped me take her to my car and load her things into it as well.

"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna get a place together?"

"What?"

"You know, get an apartment. We always talked about getting one together after we got out
of high school. So let's do it."

"I thought you were livin' at Bam's."

"Yeah, well Missy lives there as well. She's Bam's girlfriend. I can't stand her."

"Oh hell no! Missy? Man is she still as much of a bitch as she was in school?"

"Even more so."

"Damn. Yeah lets get a place. But what about the money? I don't have any."

"It's fine, I'll pay for it until you get a job, then we can split the rent."

"Alright. Thats awesome!"

Now to tell Bam and the guys.