Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Mel?

No don't drop me now, I'll sink into the underground.

I slowly came out of my quiet slumber and reached for my cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Mel, where are you? We leave in 15 minutes to go to California."

"Oh shit, sorry Michael, you just woke me up."

"Well hurry up and pack your shit and meet me in the hotel lobby. We have to go, now!"

"Alright I'm coming."

Shit shit shit.

I quickly jump out of the warmth of the nice hotel bed and start throwing my clothes into my suitcase. I sloppily make the bed, search the entire room to make sure I don't leave anything, and put my hair into a messy ponytail. I grab my suitcase, backpack, and skateboard and rush to the elevator and press 1 to get to the lobby. Not to long afterwards I feel the familiar jolt of the elevator stopping and the doors opening.

"Finally, come on, the limo is out front and the plane leaves in, shit, it leaves in 30 minutes."

"Shit! Alright lets run."

Michael and I both take off towards the limo and I, of course, beat him there, because Micheal isn't really in shape. He is a middle-aged man that has a beer belly from partying with his buddies too much in college.

"Finally Michael it took you ages to get here."

"Shut up, you. Sorry I'm not all athletic."

"Your own damn fault!"

"I don't see how you aren't just as fat, you drink more than I did back in college."

"Yea well, I don't sit on my ass the day after. I go out and do physical activity to work it off."

"Whatever."

We sat in silence for about 3 minutes when we pulled up to the airport.

"I'm gonna run again Micheal, see if you can keep up."

"Ah is that a bet?"

"Sure why not, I bet you $100 dollars that you lose!"

"Your on Miss-Look-At-Me-I'm-Atheletic!"

"Whatever, ready, set, GO!"

I took off through the doors and straight to the terminal. I stopped and handed the woman my ticket then waited for Micheal. After a few minutes I saw him come jogging up, cursing under his breath.

"It's not fair you cheated!"

"How could I possible cheat? Look, I was even carrying my own bags PLUS one of yours. So don't give me that shit."

"Fine."

"Hurry up and give her your ticket, I want to get on the plane before the other spoiled, stuck up rich people get there."

"Alright."

I waited as patiently as I could while Michael gave the lady his ticket. We soon made it onto the plane and took our seats. I looked at my watch and looked at the schedule.

Hmm, right now I'm in Wyoming, so it should be a few hours before we arrive.

I put down the schedule and reached into my backpack, pulling out my Ipod. I turned it to Funeral of Hearts by HIM and drifted off into a very uncomfortable sleep.

"Hey! Mel! Wake up!"

"Ah shit why you gotta yell?"

"Thought it would be funny."

"Oh yes I'm having such a good time I'm just farting rainbows over here!"

"I see that. Come on we have to find your hotel."

"Whatever, let's just go."

We slowly walked through the airport out to the front.

"I called a limo service before we left so they should be here any minute."

"Alright."

As if on cue, the limo pulled up and took us to the hotel.

"Ok Mel, we have to set some rules tonight."

"Ugh why, I'm a grown woman!"

"Your only 24. Plus, your demo is tomorrow morning at 9 so you have to be up and aware."

"Fine."

"Good!"

"Well Im going to bed when we get the hotel cause Im tired as hell."

"Thats because you drank all night last night and didn't go to bed till 5 AM."

"Whatever!"

We soon arrived at the hotel and Michael got our room keys as I just stood, waiting by the elevators.

"Were both on the second floor, your room 222 and I'm 224."

"Okay."

We entered the elevators and press the 2 for the second floor. I found my room and Michael found his and we said our goodnights and entered them. I walked into my room and noticed its stunning beauty. I quickly threw my bags and board down, and jumped onto the bed.

"Mel, Mel come on wake up."

"Hmm what time is it?"

"7:40."

"Why so early?"

"So you can take a shower, and then get ready. Also to get down there thirty minutes early."

"Alright."

I jumped up and went into the bathroom and began showering. Within ten minutes I was done and began to get dressed. I chose baggy khaki capris and a black element shirt to wear. I put on my Brown and pink etnies and pulled my hair into a tight ponytail. I grabbed my backpack and my board and headed out the door. (If your wondering, the backpack has extra trucks and wheels along with some tools in it) I went down to the lobby and was surprised to see Michael there.

"Ok, lets go!"

We went to the limo outside and Michael told him where to go. About fifteen minutes later we pulled up to a nice skatepark. We got out and struggled our way through the already large crowd and to the ramps.

"Go warm up some, Mel, then come back over here."

I started to walk up to the ramps when I heard my name from a familiar voice.

"Melissa? Melissa Marts, is that you?"