Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Meeting And Drinking

It has been a full month and Bam still hasn't said a word to me. The rest of the boys have been told what happened, by both Bam and I, but on separate occasions seeing how he can't stand the look of me.

I haven't come out of my room at all, except only to go to the hospital to visit Sam and fill her in on the whole thing.

No don't-

"Hello?" I asked into my cell phone, answering before if could finish ringing.

"Meli?"

"Uhm, who is this?"

"Michael, your manager."

"Oh yea, how ya doin?"

"I'm doing just fine. How are you?"

I hesitated for a moment or two and let out an unconscious sigh.

"Melissa, what's wrong?"

"Shit loads."

"You want to talk about it?"

"Are you anywhere near Westchester?"

"Yeah why? What are you doing there?"

"Meet me at the corner bakery. We can have lunch and catch up there."

"Alright, see you in a little bit."

"Bye."

I hung up with Michael and got up off of my bed. I went to the bathroom, took a 10 minute shower, and got dressed. I wore brown and pink Callicut Etnies, some random jeans that were hanging up in my closet, and a fuCKYou shirt. I decided against putting on make up and just grabbed my keys and cell phone and walked out the door.

I drove to the corner bakery as fast yet as slow as I could. When I parked the car I, thought I heard someone say my name.

"Meli!"

Turning around, I saw Michael.

"Michael!"

He's lost weight

"Damn Michael, have you lost some weight?"

"Damn skippy."

He grinned and opened his arms, awaiting a hug.

We walked in silence to the bakery, ordered our meals and drinks and sat down at our booth.

"So Mel, tell all the shit that has gone down."

"Kay so I moved in with Bam, Broke up with Raab, Bam broke up with Jenn, then my best friend was in the hospital from overdoses, then I caught Missy, Bam's newwell now old chick fuckin some random, then Sam went into rehab, and I went to go pick up Bam from the airport last month, we came home caught Missy with the random again and she let loose that I knew the whole time now he won't talk to me and it hurts," I finished all in one breath.

"Woah. That really sucks. Like a lot."

"Hmph. Yeah it does."

"Are you going to be up to skating a few demos in Texas?"

"Uhh yeah," I said, looking at him as if it was the most obvious answer.

"Good, your plane leaves tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Be ready by then, I will be at Bam's to pick you up at 7."

We finished up our lunches, talking and cutting up. I raced home and took the stairs two at a time to get up to my room faster. Right when I had dragged out my backpack and suitcase, Novak came into the room.

"Where ya running off to sweetheart?"

"I have a few skate demos in Texas."

"Man, last time I went there I had so many warrants."

"You wanna come? Unless you and Bam have something planned together."

"No, I want to come. He is being a sour pus and is all packed up in his room. I have the feeling he won't be out for a long time."

"Alright, we leave here tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Pack and be ready."

"Alright then."

He gave me a peck on the cheek before ripping off his pants and running out of my room.

So thats the reason he is called Nudie Novak

I finished up my packing, clothes and accessories in the suitcase, and 2 boards, 2 sets of wheels, a pair of trucks, and other tools in the backpack. Having that done, I called up the hospital and talked to Sam about what all went down. She wished me luck and told me to have fun but our conversation was cut off by a nurse.

By 6 PM that night, everyone was down in the pirate bar. Everyone that is, except for Bam. I was going against Raab to see who could down 5 shots of whiskey the quickest when a voice interrupted us.

"What the hell is going on down here?"

Novak looked up and smiled real big.

"Life Partner! Finally you come out. We were just doing some shots and drinkin it up because tomorrow morning Mel is going to Texas for a few demos. I'm gonna go with her to keep her under control," he said this the whole time, winking suggestively at me.

Already slightly drunk, I did the best I could to snort. It ended up getting stuck in the back of my throat and I ended up coughing.

"Oh whatever," Bam said, making sure to grab a full bottle of Jack and head back up to his room.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was 11:58 and threw my last shot down.

"Well guys, I'm gon hit the sack. I have to wake up at 6:45," I said, giggling at absolutely nothing.

I hugged Raab and Ryan one last time before I headed up to my room and passed out.