Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Reconciliations

We have been in the elevator for only fifteen minutes and already I was going insane. I have a small problem with being in small places for over ten minutes, and I start freaking out.

I held my breath, trying to calm myself down so I wouldn't make a fool of myself over something so small.

I looked at my watch after a while and noticed that we had now been in the elevator for nearly an hour. That was when I couldnt' help it. I dropped down and brought my knees to my chest, burying my face while I tried to breath at a steady pace.

I jumped when I felt an arm snake around my shoulders, and I looked up to see Bam.

"I haven't forgotten about how you hate being cramped up in such small places for a long amount of time," he said, still looking straight ahead.

I sighed and looked up at him, before grabbing his face, forcing him to look at me.

"Why won't you look at me?" I asked, finally breaking down after so many months of us not speaking to one another.

He took a breath and looked at me with a pained expression.

"I'm still slightly upset that you helped Missy."

"I didn't help her, I-"

"Then why didn't you tell me she was cheating?"

"Because I didn't want to see you get hurt! It-"

"And you think keeping it from me would of made it hurt less?"

This time I was the one with a pained expression.

"Bam, I was going to tell you she was cheating that day. I swear I was, but so many things had been going on."

"You still could of told me."

"I thought you would of gotten mad at me, knowing I hated Missy. I didn't want you to think that I was trying to break the two of you up."

"Yeah, I would have been skeptical at first, but all the signs were there, I just chose to ignore them. I would have been mad at first, but I wouldn't have let us stay this angry with each other for so long."

"These past few months have been killing me Bam."

"I know. It has sucked major for me. I also know that these past few months is probably what triggered your insomnia again."

"Yeah."

I looked away this time taking it all in. I looked up at him when I had come to a realization.

"How did you know that I got insomnia again?"

"I was usually in the pirate bar when you went down every night."

"Soooo, you were watching me?"

"Sort of. I was the one who slipped a few Lunesta into your milk last month."

"I remember that, I was curious as to why I slept better."

"How long have we been in here?" Bam asked, looking me dead in the eye.

I looked down at my watch, "about two hours," I said, looking back at him.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. During that time, Bam and I got more comfortable, and he tightened his grip around my shoulders.

"You know Mel; I really, really care about you. You have no idea how many times I wanted it to go back to old times. I think part of the reason why my silence towards you was because I have feelings for you. And I don't mean the type of feeling where you're like a sister to me; I mean the type where I like you more than that. I have liked you since the first day of high school."

I stayed silent, slightly shocked at his confession.

"Fuck, you probably dont feel the same and I just freaked the holy hell out of you. I'm sorry Mel. Fuck!" he exclaimed getting up and going to the opposite side where I put his head on the wall.

I stood up, and walked over to him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Bam, I'm the one who didn't want to freak you out. I feel the same way; I just couldn't ever bring myself to say anything."

He threw his head back and looked at me.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

Unexpectedly, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a big hug. I quickly recovered from the shock and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

Our grip on each other finally loosened, but not before he looked into my eyes.

"It feels so good to see your beautiful blues again, Brandon," I said, gazing into his eyes smiling.

He smiled back and slowly leaned forward, gently kissing my lips.

When I began to kiss him back, he smiled into the kiss, which caused me to do so as well.

We were so wrapped up in each other, we didn't notice that the elevator had begun moving again.

As soon as we pulled apart, the doors opened, and there was Raab with several hotel employees and firemen, looking at us concerned.

When we walked out with our hands intertwined in one anothers, Raab broke out into a big smile and walked over to us.

He threw his arms around the both of us, "I knew it! I knew you two would patch shit up!" he said, hugging me and slapping Bam on the back before hugging him as well.