Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

The Flashback

"Alright Mel, I'll see ya later."

"Bye Derrick."

I walked up to the stairs and onto the porch. As I opened the door, it was extremely quiet although both of my parents cars were there.

"Mom? Dad?"

Still a silence surrounded.

"Melissa."

"Hey Dad."

"Where were you?"

"I was out with Derrick."

"I bet you fucked him didn't you?"

"No."

"Don't lie to me you little slut."

"I'm not lying to you."

"What did I say?! Stop lying."

"I don't want to talk to you. You drank too much."

I turned to go upstairs to my room but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't fucking turn away from me, I'm your father."

"You haven't been my father for the past 17 years. You haven't earned the title father."

"What? What the fuck you say?"

"You heard me."

I ripped my arm out of his grasp and continued to go up the stairs when I felt a hand wrap around my ankle. My leg was pulled out from under me and I fell down the stairs. When I landed, I heard a crack and a sharp pain through my ankle.

"I said don't turn away from me."

He kicked me in my side and pulled me up by my hair and punched me. I fell backwards from the blow and hit my head on the bottom stair. I blacked out for a second or two when I heard my mothers voice.

"What the fuck are you doing? Don't hit my daughter."

"She's my daughter too, and a little slut that needs to be taught a lesson."

I struggled trying to stand up and when I finally accomplished it took a step forward.

"Mom, I can't take this, it's either him, or me."

"Mel, don't put this weight on my shoulders."

"Choose!"

"Mel-"

"Mom! Choose, me or that mingin ass dickhead!"

"I can't choose!"

"I can't believe you."

"Mel-"

"No! Don't fucking talk to me. I'm out of here."

I limped up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed my backpack and started shoving all my skating supplies and tools into it. I then grabbed two suitcases, one for clothes and the other for shoes. I then called Derrick.

"Derrick? Can you come pick me up?"

"Yea sure, I'll be there in a few minutes."

I slung my backpack over, onto my back and picked up the two suitcases and my board and made my way downstairs. When I got to the bottom my mom and dad were still standing there, he had her in her arms and she was crying. He kept whispering, 'Don't worry honey, it's for the best'. I opened the front door and put my things out there. I then went into the kitchen for a baggy to put ice in and put on my ankle. As I walked back to the door, something grabbed my wrist.

"This isn't over you little slut."

"Don't fucking touch me you dickwipe."

He smirked as I tried my best to hurry out the door. I stepped out and put the ice pack under my arm, it was freezing cold, but I ignored it, and picked up my things and moved to the curb. Within minutes Derrick pulled up and got out of the car.

"What the fuck happened? Holy shit, your face."

I leapt up and looked into his car window. My eye was puffy and swollen and my nose and lip was bleeding.

"That dirt bag asshole beat the shit out of me."

He didn't say anything, but take me in his arms. We stayed in that embrace for a while before he pulled back.

"Come on, you can come live with me at my place."

"Thank you Derrick, it really means a lot."

We got into his car and drove off to his apartment where I stayed for the next three months before I caught him cheating, and before Michael found me.