Status: new and acitve!

If I Die Young

And the Question Say: Don't Let Go

I woke up next to a beautiful red head. Jamie was still sleeping. She had to be exhausted. She cried into my chest until at least three and fell asleep beside me at four. She finally let her walls down. I was happy even if it was only for a little while. It wasn’t long before Jamie’s eyes fluttered open. She smiled as she reached to place her hand on my cheek.

“Good morning, beautiful,” I said, smiling back.

“Good morning,” she returned happily but there was something missing in her voice.

“What’s wrong?”

She sighed. “I feel bad about the way I treated you. I don’t know a way to say I’m sorry. Because I am. I really am Scott.”

“Jamie, stop beating yourself over this. Let’s just forget it, okay?”

“Okay.” She rubbed her thumb over the stubble on my cheek that’s a result of not shaving for a few days. “I think we need to go get ready.”

“For what?”

“You have to show me the next place.”

“I thought the deal was off.”

“Well I thought we were forgetting about that. So we forget that the deal was ever off. So get up and get going.”

I laughed as we both got out of the bed and got ready for the day.



“Just tell me where we’re going,” Jamie whined as she held my hand.

“Nope,” I said.

“Why not?”

I led her to the next place.

“Because the special places are surprises.”

She sighed over dramatically. Jamie just fell into step with me as we walked down the sidewalk. She would never guess what I was taking her.

“A church?” Jamie asked, shocked as we made our way up the steps of the old church.

“Yea,” I said like it was nothing.

“But I thought you were trying to figure things out.”

“This is the place I’m trying to figure this out at. I wanted to show it to you.”

Jamie smiled at me before looking up and taking in the giant beautiful old church. I opened the door letting her go first. She took in the inside too. Her eyes light up at every detail in the church.

“This isn’t the best part,” I whispered in her ear. Jamie looked at me confused. I pointed to the giant stained glass window at the front of the church. “There’s a certain time of day that makes it light up. You’ll love it.”

She smiled as I pulled to her into a pew.

“What are we going to do? Pray?” she asked laughing.

“No, the certain time of day is going to be here in about a minute. So we’re waiting,” I replied, laughing with her.

There weren’t too many people in the church this time of day. That’s why I liked it. It gave me time to think and I didn’t feel like people were watching me. I watched Jamie as her eyes looking over the details of the church once again. I was glad to have her back. I wrapped my arm around her waist. She turned to me and smiled again, letting me know that she loved this place as much as the others.

“Here it comes,” I whispered into her ear.

The light shone through the window. I listened to Jamie gasp as the breathtaking sight was in front of us. I watched it before she spoke.

“Why do you come here? Why this church?” she asked.

“This is the church my parents got married in. This was the church my brother’s funeral was held. This church has been with me my whole life. I guess when I decided I need to think figure things out, I needed to do it here. It just made sense.”

She laid her head on my shoulder, reaching for my hand. I entwined our fingers as I listened to her breathing.

“Another great spot, Scott,” she whispered.



“Aww how cute. The couple came home,” Alec said as Jamie and I walked into the door.
I laughed when Jackson hit him over the head, mumbling idiot as he walked away leaving Alec to rubbing his head. Jamie rolled her eyes at how annoying Alec is. She walked off ignoring him. It’s not that they don’t like each other. It’s that they are both very stubborn which causes them to bump heads. A lot. Sometimes the house is like a war zone. No one is safe.

“Where do y’all go anyway?” Zack asked jumping over the couch.

“That’s none of your business,” Jamie told him as he made his way to her.

“Awe come on, Moose. Tell me.” Zack had his chin resting on Jamie shoulder, whining in her ear.

Jamie laughed before shrugging him off. Zack tuned to me pouting. I laughed and shook my head.

“I ain’t telling,” I said before sitting down on the couch.

“You guys stink,” Zack said, making everyone laugh.

He refused to sit with us and watch TV. He stomped his way to his room. Jamie had curled up next to me. Not that I minded.



There was a knock on my door before head of red head poked in, looking around. Jamie’s eyes made contact with mine. She opened the door the whole way, letting herself in. She quietly closed it back. It was about two in the morning and everyone was asleep. Jamie slipped in next to me, laying her head on my bare chest.

“I didn’t want to sleep alone,” She whispered. Jamie looked up at me, staring me in the eyes. “Do you?”

I shook my head, never letting us break contact.

“Good. You’re warm,” she stated, snuggling closer to me.

“Thanks,” I said, laughing. I wrapped my arms around her.

“Do you think we could go to the next place as soon as we wake up? I don’t want to waste anytime.”

“Sure.”

Jamie looked away from my eye to close hers. She fell asleep with in minutes. I laid there listening to her quiet breathing. Maybe this is what it’s supposed to be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that I haven't had time to update. I've been super busy. Since exams are next week, all my teachers are trying to cramp everything in. I've been going non stop.
But on a good note, I got a 81 on my ap test, I get to exempt my english exam and my mama got a new car today. So it's been a good week.
Oh, go look up Mumford & Sons. An AMAZING band. I have been listening to them non stop this week.
So leave me a comment telling me how your week was and what band you think everyone should know about.
Comments make me happy.
Enjoy. :)